Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is

z5vakep8bpwy.jpeg
    f743ym3p7j7e.jpeg
    pefvpqhdtfqq.jpeg
    oo7vx1ka93h5.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Ginny - happy you got the update on your MRI results. It will be interesting to see the path going forward.

Rori - smart thinking getting your foot problems assessed too. I agree 1000%, we need to keep up with our mobility to let us keep enjoying our lives. Have a great time with N! <3 Can't wait to hear more about your Maine adventure. I'd never heard of Thred up, I'm going to check it out. Great idea!

Vicki - crossing fingers the new hire likes the job and stays!!

Alex my landscaper/junk hauler came out, I have a lot for them to do. He said half a day should do it, I'll probably see them within the next week, weather permitting.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Awwww, she's lovely, Allie. Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter Delia.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Love, Love, Love the sweet baby.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 41sec, 35elev, 2.87ap, 79ahr, 98mhr, 569c
    Strava app= 732c

Day off/rest day from running. We are kind of following this program for 1/2 marathon training that kirby found. 1st time we’re doing this, before, we randomly ran then did the run.

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Allie, such sweet pics of Delia! Very nice that they were able to get Selina’s foot prints, lovely memorial.

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Allie - Delia is definitely a cutie! I think I was a little over 6# when I was born so I guess I must have been tiny too, lol. Isn't Carmine's birth name Tahlia or something like that? So the sisters have names that sound similar?

Hope Tracy starts feeling better soon. She's been through a lot these past couple days.

Lanette
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,741 Member
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    Kim – I know that some of the plants he gave me were phlox subulata red wings, phlox emerald blue, dianthus fruit punch marachino pink, firewatch dianthus, azalea pan, cum virgatum dallas blue firewortch , marchino, hydrangea incrediball blush, phlox subulata red wing, phlos subulata emerald blue, hosta white, juniperus. I do know that I told him “no juniper” and he gave me 21 juniper plants. Oh well…. I just don’t know which plants are red, blue, pink or what color. It’s been 2 years now, I’ll give it another year. I suspect that they might not have been planted deeply enough because a couple have died. Once the hot weather came, they seemed to have burned up. Well, if I have to replant, I will and pray they live.

Barbara – I like Barkeepers Friend, too

After work, counted donations at the church, then came home and we put the frosting up on the last window in the garage. I wish they let in more light, but I’m glad that you can’t see what is in the garage (in other words, you can’t see the clutter). Got Vince to clean out some of the things in the garage so we can throw things away but then he stopped. His feet were hurting. He says that he has plantar fascitus (?sp). I gave him the Voltaren that I had from a while ago. I think he’s ordering orthotics right now.

I go to the podiatrist about that “callus” tomorrow. Can’t wait. Hope he can do something, anything. Maybe he can cut it out. Who knows?

Do have to work tomorrow. I usually don’t work on Wed. but they asked me to come in because the store manager is going to some sort of meeting and the other manager feels she can’t do prep and make the sandwich. Really, not a big deal to me., But I do have to be sure I leave around 9. Today I peeled and sliced onions so all I have to do tomorrow is separate them.

Lisa – yea for no vertigo

Mo – I couldn’t get the whole recipe on one page so I just typed it out.

Debbie – happy birthday to your dh and you have a great anniversary. Hopefully, he’ll take you some place special. You deserve it

Allie – oh, what a beautiful name! Does Tracy have to apply for a SS number, or does the hospital?

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Back up again just past midnight - Woke up with a start, realizing I hadn't taken my Skyrizi injection today, when it was scheduled. Totally ignored the alert. Lordie.

Anyway, I'm not QUITE twitchy enough to believe that if I don't take it on exactly the 56th day it won't work. But, I had so much adrenaline pumping from the way I woke up that I couldn't go back to sleep... and once I couldn't go back to sleep, I might as well do the injection. It takes 45 minutes to warm to room temperature, so I'll be up a bit.

Maybe by the time I give it, I'll be able to go back to sleep! 🤔 It could happen. 😹👀 Egg's happy. She's asleep on my lap as I write this. I won't let her sleep in the bedroom, as she has this nasty habit of jumping off the headboard right into the middle of my stomach... nope, nope, nuh-uh.

Tracey - If Roger's stomach issues often come after eating a fatty meal, and it feels like there is a balloon inside his stomach with razor blades on every side, and those blowing up the balloon NEVER STOP BLOWING, it might be his gall bladder. To my knowledge, it won't get better, only worse. And it's not life-threatening, so it takes forever to get any surgery scheduled. The surgery itself was the easiest one ever, though, and quickest recovery. I had five teeny-tiny cuts, like paper cuts, around my abdomen, didn't even need staples, and after the Friday surgery, I was back to work as a fitness center instructor/manager on Tuesday. Some of the worst pain I ever had, ever, before the surgery. Tell him the lady who liked his pens thinks he should get seen. Sometimes, they can hear other voices more than just ours.

Ah - Egg's tired of the tippy-tap, and moved on. Time to go play in my craft room.

Later, my chickens,
    Lisa in AR

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Tracey - I had absolutely agonising attacks with gallstones, seemingly out of the blue. Once I was stretchered off a train and taken to hospital. They sent me home with a bottle of Gaviscon, but did schedule an ultrasound for me, which revealed a gallbladder full of stones.
    As Lisa said, the op was easy. Out the next day, and back teaching in a week. I still have the plastic pot of stones. They were yellow, and shaped like pyramids. :o I remember Katla saying her's was one egg shaped lump. I don't have any restrictions on eating.

Did my writing early this morning. This chapter is about my grandfather, who lost a leg in WW 1, and was within minutes of dying. I was brought up on these tales, and found them fascinating, but I didn't relate it, then, to my existence; that his gene pool was so nearly wiped out. It's thanks to his stubborn will to live that I am here, writing to you. I was often told that I was 'a chip off the old block'. :p>:)

John off soon to cricket. I have my annual BP test at the doctor, late morning. What 'funny food' am I going to have for lunch? :o I am making Jerk Chicken again for dinner. We so enjoyed it last time and it is reheatable for when John gets in. Broccoli.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,576 Member

Today’s gratitude: Joe saved a recent Chewy box, “a good one, almost like a tote” and put it in my craft closet. Found it just in time to start another donation, the pile was starting to totter ;)
    Heather “…to qualify for an archive…” and we’ll be able to say we knew you when. . .
    Lisa extra food and not running out. For me it’s a fine balance. I hate reaching for something, finding it empty and having to stop making whatever until the next town trip. Likewise I hate reaching for a spare and finding it long expired, rodent chawed or moldy. That’s a good motivation for me to declutter :laugh: We have one small chest freezer in the garage where Joe and I store our extra frozen foods, and a large pantry in the kitchen for dry goods. Your shopping the freezer is inspiring, will let you know how I progress… ;)
    Rita so sorry you haven’t been able to walk, and that your DH has been taking his anxiety/pain out on you. Hope you can reschedule the therapist, and that the weather cools.
    Vicki fingers X’d this new hire is a keeper, and a stayer.
    Debbie glad to hear DH will have some time with his friend. So sad about the other friend’s step daughter. Please keep me posted about your sewing room cleanout progress . I’ve never sewn much but have Mama’s sewing machine, buried in the craft closet, under a tote full of photos and a torn coverlet that needs mending. I’d like to get it out and try…
    Allie ((hugs)) just ((hugs and more hugs))
    Michele fingers X’d for the podiatrist, but if he does any cutting, expect to be off your feet for awhile. My friend T couldn’t dance for weeks.
    Tracey what could you and your DH get with the $$ you’d save from a month or two of not buying the double doubles? Might help him understand why you wish he would stop :naughty: Lisa’s “Sometimes, they can hear other voices more than just ours...” sure jives with my experience ;}
    Day 14/30 Hair tools., 15/30 Linen closet
    14-Put stuff from the green section away into its proper place. Donating flat and curling irons as my hair is too dry to use ‘em, also assortments of hair clips, rubber bands and pins. The bands and clips were for grooming Tumble but she was a veritable Houdini at escaping from them. Into the trash with the broken plastic box bottom that held bobby pins in Mama’s vanity for decades, She passed in 1995. Putting the strip of Velcro base in my miscellaneous connectors drawer when I thought, “Whoa! It would need a similar length of toothed Velcro to be useable.” Boomp. Into the trash. "DOH" you say, but for me this is a second hint of what might be a truly miraculous paradigm shift. 4ctd0xtqzpjv.jpg
    15-two stained pillowcases, two torn fitted sheets, one stained blanket, ravelled throw rugs to Joe’s rag box or trash. Worn beach towel to pile of dog towels by the door, it's raining! 2arxk6ilnytb.jpeg
    Need to get an early start tomorrow morning. Taking car to dealer (2.5 hrs north) for 100K mile $ervice.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.