Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Thanks to everyone who provided information about painkillers. It seems it's a toss-up between not taking them when needed for chronic pain or taking them for a better quality of life yet risking side effects.

I've made an appointment with Dr. Lisa. I had all of the tests Machka mentioned when I herniated a disc L5/S1 thirty years ago and 2 prednisone packs which helped a lot. Dr. Lisa will determine if I need more tests and if so, which ones. Now that I made the appointment, watch it get better. :p

Tracey - I have lumbar supports, various pillows, memory foam seat cushions. :p I make it a point to sit tall and not hunch over when I'm at the laptop. I think my only solution is to get up and move/walk as much as possible. I think the computer monitor/tower/keyboard arrangement is more ergonomically friendly, with the monitors adjustable to eye level. I took the ones we had around here to recycle, they were so old. Not much memory, monitors super heavy, keyboards sticky. That set-up isn't very expensive these days but I'm done spending money on computers this year after buying the new laptop. :#

Lisa - glad you didn't face plant with that stumble. Good luck with the Farmer's Market!

Annie - falling/stumbling must be in the air. Glad your dad wasn't hurt. Nothing like that early morning fresh air.

Beth - I'm envious of your apple crop. Sorry to hear about your DH's back pain. My aches are very minor compared to what some folks go through.

Kim - your mom's wedding dress sounded gorgeous. Hope you can find it one of these days.

Heather - what a relief to have those trees cleaned up. Amazing how quickly they grow!

Carol - sounds like you are making great progress with that knee.

Mo - I love that you have more time now to tell us about yourself and your job. <3 I've heard more than one doctor give all the credit to the nurses for keeping the hospitals running smoothly and the patients getting better. I know, some docs don't - but the smart ones do! ;) Sorry you lost your father, it sounds like he was a very special guy.

Rita - again, a delicious looking meal. Crossing fingers your lab results are great. Dr. Matt told me to eat 2 or 3 ounces of nuts per day and I do. They do a great job keeping hunger pangs away, and provide healthy fat, protein and fiber. I love them all and eat a variety, but try to get at least an ounce of walnuts in.

I woke up to rain, so no morning walk so far except to take the hens a treat.

Make it a wonderful day, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,861 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Not looking forward to getting up at 4 am with husband Friday, to drive to Seattle for husband's yearly liver transplant appointment. Hopefully we can go somewhere nice for lunch off mainland.
    Son is coming that day too, so we'll pick him up when he flies in. 💖

I will be watching my cousins dog for a week in October. I haven't actually seen her since 1995, when we had a family reunion at the Oregon coast. I guess her dog is 12 yrs old so he sleeps a lot of the time, might need help getting up there outside steps. They live a good 2 hours from Whidbey but we will meet them in Mt Vernon and then I'll go home with them until they fly out. Should be interesting! Honestly I am glad to help them.

I am doing well exercising most every morning. Yesterday there was a super long line to get on base so we just bypassed the entrance and decided to walk down by the marina, and the marsh there. A nice path, clean with signs showing the wildlife. We walked a good 30 minutes just like at the treamills, but with loads more to look at. It will be a nice option when traffic is just too bad. They must've had some security issues and the gate was delayed for some reason.

Not sure what I'm having today. I haven't really foraged yet but will when my eating window opens.
    Feeling good about my IF journey. I know I will have some loss in weight and measurements because my clothes feel more comfortable.👍🏼
    Hugs everyone!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited September 11
    Mo yes that is the type of dog it is!
  • pipcd34
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Lanette--I find the information you are sharing from you class is helpful. Thank you for sharing. And I agree it is a no brainer , but some of us (me) need reminders a lot. Cute cats playing on the tablet.
    Katiebug--That is so sad about the shooting. I agree parents need to be held acountable when they give acess to guns. What a mess.
    Heather--WOW! What a nice change.
    Rita--Hugs for you and Brownie. Prayers for your mom and Brownie.
    I am so glad it is Friday. Have a few plans for the weekend. Will see how tried I am if I do anything.
    Blessings, VICKI GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Guess what I got in the mail! Thank you soooo much for your generous donation. It will go towards this years ride. $60 more to get to $500. Thanks again, I really appreciate your support!
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,081 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    M – I hope you get the job you want. Good for you opting out!

Did a spinning workout, then took a shower, went to WalMart, then we put down weed killer, went in the pool, bowling tonight

Heather – I remember when the pandemic hit, it felt so good to go to the soup kitchen. Gave me a reason to wear decent clothes and makeup. So I totally understand how you feel putting on those jeans

Annie – how scary for you and your dad. Hope his knee is OK

Lisa – beautiful stained glass bag

Monique – trigger finger can be a real pain. Had one a while ago . I’m so sorry for all your losses

Not sure why, but feeling so very tired. Think I’ll get to bed.

Michele NC