Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,861 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    Allie ~ Very good on the weight loss! You might try some high protein shakes. I got a case of the chocolate ones from Sam's Club and they have 30 grams of protein and are only 160 Calories.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 10
    Bea pick up went well. She walked all the way home, in a chilly wind, in just a t shirt. She just said she wasn't cold. :o
    She played a bit of Scrabble with John, then was starting on her pesto pasta when my son came to collect her. She shoved a bit more down but had to rush it. John makes a drink he calls 'Magic Potion', which is composed of various kinds of French 'sirops' and fizzy water. She had two of those.

We had posh fish fingers, in bread (me pitta, John toast) with lots of salad. John had mayonnaise, and I had yoghurt and Peri Peri. It was unexpectedly delicious. :D Nice to find another easy meal for when we are time and energy pushed. They are real cod fillet, not processed.

Watching recorded 'Grace' tonight. A detective series set in Brighton. It can be very annoying. :# Based on the books by Perer James. I have read them all, but got very tired of stupid plots. The lead actor isn't quite right, I think.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Ok so ive tried 3 times to post..and I give up for right now lol 😆
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Rita -- is that bacon wrapped jalapeno?

Debbie -- do your neighbors complain about the number of cats you have? I assume the outdoor cats end up hanging around in their yards as well as yours?

Long work day today, then going out for dinner tonight with my daughter, her partner, and her partner's parents.

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Rita -- is that bacon wrapped jalapeno?

Debbie -- do your neighbors complain about the number of cats you have? I assume the outdoor cats end up hanging around in their yards as well as yours?

Long work day today, then going out for dinner tonight with my daughter, her partner, and her partner's parents.

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

There are only three that are strays that are in the yard. The others are all inside only(except for when they are in their catio ;) )
    once in a while another will come by for a while but leaves.
    Only one neighbor complained about our one cat(the one that died yesterday) and the old momma cat who is now, because of his threats, is an indoor only cat.
    Neko was the only one of ours that got to go outside during the day- he was too stressed to be in the house all the time after we brought in the third cat. Winter time he stayed inside the whole time.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,908 Member
    Machka - the stress I was under at my previous employment wasn’t so easy to get rid of. I wanted to stay there until I retired, I loved everything about it except the one person. I tried to outlast her but in the end realized I just had to take care of myself physically while also protecting us financially.
    I listen to music and try to get outside when I’m stressed.

Barbara - that would be good for Joe. I think too many men just become introverts.

Lanette - Have you looked at your chairs and sitting habits? I have a little pillow behind my back and I make sure I sit as straight as possible if my hips or back start hurting. I am finding all of my sitting at work is being bothersome.

Carol - You’re so close!

Rita - Glad you are having a better day today.

Allie - That is a lot of weight in a short time, no wonder you’re tired! That took some discipline.

Debbie - there is an acquaintance on my FB that feeds raccoons, skunks, whatever decides to visit. His house is probably 1.5-2 Million so you can imagine the neighbours reaction to this.

I expected a guy to come give a quote last night and tonight. He didn’t show.

Tracey in Edmonton