Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 69 Member
    Hi everyone;
    Allie, I am so excited for you on the cruise. You will have fun. Just get healthy.

Lisa- Take care of yourself. I love those bags! You are so talented, and it makes me happy to hear your joy in the craft room.
    Heather- You are doing so great getting your steps in. I need to get my act together now. Moving my body will keep me out of a wheelchair.

Pip, do you take the dogs with you on your long walks? Will you continue to bike? Next time you bike for a cause, let me know. I want to donate, too.

Heather, maybe you can volunteer to help the teachers at a nearby school. Kids sometimes need one-on-one help to read. Working at the soup kitchen is also fulfilling. Do whatever makes you happy.
    Goodnight everyone!
    XO,
    Mo

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,980 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,577 Member
    Today’s gratitude: the two volunteer substitute line dance teachers and our “village” of line dancers. It takes all of us to remember dances we haven’t done in a while. Our regular teacher is traveling for two or three weeks.
    Was late to BB&B but made myself go in. Half hour better than none. Then line danced for an hour and a half, with lots of breaks ;)
    Lisa thanks for the OUT LOUD idea, will give it a try. You are so right about how easy it is to devalue our labor. Well thought out. Beautiful purse!
    Heather thanks for the pics of your garden. Are there no fences between you and your rear neighbors?
    Carol (and Mo) hard to believe it’s been 23 years since the terrorist attacks. It was one of those rare mornings when I had the TV news on and saw the second plane hit the tower. Another morning it was when the Space Shuttle Columbia exploded. I no longer watch live TV news in the mornings. The company I worked for had offices just across the Hudson with beautiful views of Manhattan and the two towers. So traumatic for the workers to see it all happen, and fear for loved ones there. Sure has sadly changed our world forever. :cry:
    Annie, back on the bike twice a day AND early morning walk with Dad and friend? You are doing so very very well! Sorry to hear Dad tripped, hope no long term effects.
    Terri, “…not as resilient as I would like…” preaching to the choir ;}
    Kim, thinking of you too. ((hugs))
    Margaret like you, we never leave the house with the clothes dryer running. Had never heard of dishwashers catching fire, but not a problem for us, we only use it for plasticware storage :laugh:
    Mo heartbreaking of your daughter to steal your wedding rings. Your comments about guns and teens are spot on, with the sad reinforcement of your patients. :cry:
    Rita, That was a too close call for your Mom. ((hugs)) for you and Brownie.
    Barbie “… didn’t run away but I enjoyed the moments of freedom” Yes this!
    Rebecca hooray for walking by the marina and marsh. Fresh air and a way better view than from the treadmill ;} How long will your eldest be home?
    Tracey that pic of the cat at the steering wheel, in traffic, caught the expression perfectly!
    Telemedicine tomorrow am to get results of breast MRI and next steps, so time to snooze.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    Thanks to everyone who provided information about painkillers. It seems it's a toss-up between not taking them when needed for chronic pain or taking them for a better quality of life yet risking side effects.

I've made an appointment with Dr. Lisa. I had all of the tests Machka mentioned when I herniated a disc L5/S1 thirty years ago and 2 prednisone packs which helped a lot. Dr. Lisa will determine if I need more tests and if so, which ones. Now that I made the appointment, watch it get better. :p

Tracey - I have lumbar supports, various pillows, memory foam seat cushions. :p I make it a point to sit tall and not hunch over when I'm at the laptop. I think my only solution is to get up and move/walk as much as possible. I think the computer monitor/tower/keyboard arrangement is more ergonomically friendly, with the monitors adjustable to eye level. I took the ones we had around here to recycle, they were so old. Not much memory, monitors super heavy, keyboards sticky. That set-up isn't very expensive these days but I'm done spending money on computers this year after buying the new laptop. :#

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

30 years ago is a long time. Hopefully your doctor will order some new tests ... or that it will resolve itself. :)

I have a sit-stand desk at work, and plan to get one for home too once the office room is a bit more accessible. I really like being able to alternate between sitting and standing. Sometimes I think standing helps me focus.

barbiecat wrote: »
    :) This morning I drove to the pharmacy alone to pick up prescriptions for Jake. I felt free in the car with no dog and no "navigator". I listened to my music from my phone. On the way back I had a sudden recollection of stories from TV, the news, and novels of women with perfectly good lives who drove their children to school one morning and just kept going until they reached another town and got an apartment and a job and never looked back. One podcast I listen to called that "obliger rebellion" when someone just gets tired of doing for others and goes off where they don't have to answer to anyone. I didn't run away but I enjoyed the moments of freedom.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying some moments of freedom and a break from the routine.

v5zvznz7i177.png

Kinda describes my job ...

gcc14c6jene7.png

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,216 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Lisa what a gorgeous bag!

Terri happy birthday to DH!

Dad seemed to be okay all yesterday but this morning will be the test. ( After his minor fall yesterday morning.)

I am feeling rather happy too. I've been walking twice a week and riding the stationary bike a lot too. I do have soreness in the top of my foot, not sure what that's about. I have also gotten back into the meditation and that is going well. And I'm losing weight again. Yay!

I tried and rejected Mindfulness.com. Too much clutter on the free version. Insight timer app seems to be much better so far.

It's time to figure out if I need new clothes for my October trip to Las Vegas. I've been living in XL sweats, and most of my nicer clothes are size L. Hmm. I sense Amazon is going to love me!

Have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,504 Member
    Lisa ~ So very happy for you. You have been through so much trauma with your symptoms and glad you have found help at last. Hope it continues.

Going to get my new hearing aids this morning. Will be so happy if they work well and I can hear one on one again.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    edited September 12
    Hi everyone;
    Allie, I am so excited for you on the cruise. You will have fun. Just get healthy.

Lisa- Take care of yourself. I love those bags! You are so talented, and it makes me happy to hear your joy in the craft room.
    Heather- You are doing so great getting your steps in. I need to get my act together now. Moving my body will keep me out of a wheelchair.

Pip, do you take the dogs with you on your long walks? Will you continue to bike? Next time you bike for a cause, let me know. I want to donate, too.

Heather, maybe you can volunteer to help the teachers at a nearby school. Kids sometimes need one-on-one help to read. Working at the soup kitchen is also fulfilling. Do whatever makes you happy.
    Goodnight everyone!
    XO,
    Mo

We walk all 3 dogs for the six miles. I do continue riding. We have a spin bike and my bike on a bike trainer at home too.

I do this MS ride every year in September. You can still donate for this years ride if you want. I will send you the link if you want to do it online or you can mail a check to me. Make sure to make the check out to NATIONAL MS SOCIETY and not me.

SophieRosieMom - here’s my address
    975 E Foxhill Drive
    Fresno CA 93720

Thx ladies!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    Had a chat with my brother after lunch. He is not doing too badly, though the night nasal feeding interferes with his sleep. Two more weeks of radiotherapy to go, then he starts on chemo.
    His kitchen is a mess, but he has a professional company in today, cleaning off the smoke damage. The insurance people are coming tomorrow to check out the soaked floor, which is ruined. Unfortunately, the laminate goes underneath the units, but I'm sure that can be sorted.
    Narrow escape. Normally, they put the dishwasher on at night, but his daughter had put it on while she was washing up. :*
    My niece has postural vertigo, and went to A&E last night. They asked her if she was under extra stress recently! Luckily her husband/wife, Paige, has just found another job after being made redundant some months ago. My brother has been helping them financially.

Lisa - So pleased life has some semblance of normality now. And don't we appreciate the little things when we have got them back! :D

Now for my nap. I've just bought a new handbag from Amazon in this season's burgundy colour. It will go with all my outerwear, which is black, grey, and beige. I wanted one big enough, but not too big and heavy like my leather one.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Lisa what a gorgeous bag!

Terri happy birthday to DH!

Dad seemed to be okay all yesterday but this morning will be the test. ( After his minor fall yesterday morning.)

I am feeling rather happy too. I've been walking twice a week and riding the stationary bike a lot too. I do have soreness in the top of my foot, not sure what that's about. I have also gotten back into the meditation and that is going well. And I'm losing weight again. Yay!

I tried and rejected Mindfulness.com. Too much clutter on the free version. Insight timer app seems to be much better so far.

It's time to figure out if I need new clothes for my October trip to Las Vegas. I've been living in XL sweats, and most of my nicer clothes are size L. Hmm. I sense Amazon is going to love me!

Have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

Annie, have you tried ‘Balance’? I love that app! I've been using Balance to improve my sleep, stress, mood, and more. Want to try it, too? They're offering a free year to all new members. https://www.balanceapp.com/referral-social