WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

1454647484951»

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,998 Member
    Evening all
    Had my bladder/ kidney ultrasound today all normal ,but will be going to the urologist aprn tomorrow for antibiotics .. I have everything packed except for the Trulicity which needs to stay refrigerated.
    Have to go get bloodwork done for nephrologist tomorrow.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,067 Member
    edited September 30
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 40 min 11sec, 39elev, 2.90ap, 82ahr, 98mhr, 5.02mi= 467c
    Strava app = 609c
    Walk home to gym- 11.17min, 3.0ap, .54mi= 59c
    Strava app= 65c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 13min 59sec, 156spm, 135aw, 168mhr, 10.34min mi, 3.5mi @ 5.5sp, .50mi @ 5.7sp, 2mi @ 6.2sp, .90mi @ 6.5mi, .10mi @ 8.0sp, 7mi= 737c
    Walk gym to store then home, 18.21min, .93mi= 105c
    Strava app = 113c

Total cal 1368

Cut the walk short by a mile so we can do the 7 mile run after and not get home too late. I was happy with my running pace. After that went to pick up an insta pot so we can keep it in the trailer so we can make the rice over there if we run low (kirby makes Chispa and Lucy’s dog food). Got if from someone who posted it on OfferUp for $35, used once. Took yogi to get an allergy shot yesterday, that ain’t cheap. Got another donation from a family member. $279.09 to go…, getting close!

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I think I’ve recovered from the house guests. It takes me a long time. I guess it’s sort of like jet lag. Takes me 3 hours to recover for every one hour they’re here.

I still cannot lose an ounce of weight. Tomorrow I will start a sort of extreme 3 day eating plan to see if it’ll jump start that. Basically, I’ll eat unseasoned chicken and vegetables for 3 days.

I’m following along and sending virtual good wishes and hugs to all of you for your successes and struggles.

Tina in CA

I completely understand about the house guests! I won't stay with someone or have anyone stay with me for more than a night. And those times occur rarely. Most of the time I would much rather stay in a hotel than with someone

Chicken and vegetables is extreme?

M in Oz

Yes the diet is extreme, but just for 3 days. I can also eat ground Turkey or I just read the plan was updated to also include lean beef. But, I’ll stick to poultry for now. Don’t need a bunch of groceries taking up freezer space. I can also use seasonings EXCEPT salt and sugar.

I read this really helps. But, it likely wasn’t created with post-menopausal women in mind. I am just trying to see if it’ll kick start some loss.

I’d much rather longer term guests stay in a hotel too. Most of our guests stay 3 nights or less. That’s ok. Next time, I’ll probably schedule a trip during that time. I cannot sanely do it again.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Barbara-I don’t really see a need to wait on the extreme plan. The eye doesn’t hurt or bother me. It’s just ugly.

Tina in CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,816 Member
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Pg 47
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,067 Member
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 30
    Happy Monday, everyone;
    Last night was challenging. I was able to put out the fires before morning. The papers they used for the report to get everything in were so tiny. I made a couple of mistakes, but I tried. I made one baby smile in delight and revived a little one. Being in charge at work is not my favorite, but doing it with a supportive staff is terrific. My heart and prayers go out to the people in North Carolina. I hope we hear from Michelle soon.
    Allie: I hope you can get treated entirely for the UTI before your cruise. Delia is a beautiful baby. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love Miles in his hat; he looks pretty dapper in it. I love seeing what a great big brother he is.
    Rita, The Pescoe flowers growing on each side of the stream are picturesque. One of your meals has me craving a salad with blue cheese dressing. The corn looks good, too.
    Lisa, the label bags are so cute! Did you have a cricket machine, too?
    Debbie, I grew up with Miracle Whip and could not stand it anymore. I told my dad not to put it on my sandwiches. We never purchased it as an adult, and my kids never tasted it—thumbs down for Miracle Whip in my household.
    Tina- Styes are a pain in the tush. I had a teenage patient who was a live-in with one, and we tried everything except CBD oil. I had tea bags on it, but there were no results. It stayed in her eye, and then they removed it.
    The Corner Market sells the best-smoked chicken, and I share the dark meat with Rose. I also use it for my salads, quesadillas, and soups. I was wondering where I could get one in Chicago. Maybe Walmart or Sam's Club. DH says Rose's days for chicken are numbered.
    I am so tired. I need to push myself to work out. I have doctor's appointments tomorrow and plan to go to the pool afterward. Easier said than done. Enjoy your night, beautiful ladies.
    Love,
    Mo

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,449 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I think I’ve recovered from the house guests. It takes me a long time. I guess it’s sort of like jet lag. Takes me 3 hours to recover for every one hour they’re here.

I still cannot lose an ounce of weight. Tomorrow I will start a sort of extreme 3 day eating plan to see if it’ll jump start that. Basically, I’ll eat unseasoned chicken and vegetables for 3 days.

I’m following along and sending virtual good wishes and hugs to all of you for your successes and struggles.

Tina in CA

I completely understand about the house guests! I won't stay with someone or have anyone stay with me for more than a night. And those times occur rarely. Most of the time I would much rather stay in a hotel than with someone

Chicken and vegetables is extreme?

M in Oz

Yes the diet is extreme, but just for 3 days. I can also eat ground Turkey or I just read the plan was updated to also include lean beef. But, I’ll stick to poultry for now. Don’t need a bunch of groceries taking up freezer space. I can also use seasonings EXCEPT salt and sugar.

I read this really helps. But, it likely wasn’t created with post-menopausal women in mind. I am just trying to see if it’ll kick start some loss.

I’d much rather longer term guests stay in a hotel too. Most of our guests stay 3 nights or less. That’s ok. Next time, I’ll probably schedule a trip during that time. I cannot sanely do it again.

Chicken and vegetables is more or less what I normally eat. 😀

Sometimes I replace the chicken with chickpeas.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,136 Member
    :) I have been preoccupied with the dogs and Jake's angiogram so I almost forgot that it's the day to post the new thread. Jake called after the procedure and all went well. They didn't do anything radical and he'll be ready to be picked up in about two hours. The friend who is going to pick him up is going to bring him some favorites from Taco Time.

:) Here is the link to the new thread for October
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924714/women-ages-50-for-october-2024/p1?new=1

<3 Barbie in NW WA