Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,215 Member
    Beth so great that your mom is in a better place! Good work! Yay!

I looked at noom too, and was totally turned off by their slick attitude about money. Things like saying six months for cheap but meaning only if you buy six more months at full price. I think I did a trial which was pretty cool, with constant reminders and encouragement, but did not renew. They kept sending ads and changing the deal. Just not being straight with me.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Great painting Pip (and Kirby)!👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thx! Haven’t decided if I a, going to put fake greenery, fake flowers or something real.

Lol so many choices! I have no green thumb, pinkie, or any digit for that matter so I vote for fake flowers! Or collect pinecones and paint flowers😁💖
    lr7amzaj2pst.png
    gyakn7mozv0f.png
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I used to say, I have no thumb, I look at it and it dies.cute idea with the pine cones

Lol, I just don't have the patience. I normally just say "live or die plant or flower"! But then when they start looking wilty, out they go.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited September 5
    Tuesday dinner was leftover cheesy potatoes (about 1/4 cup) baked beans (1/2 cup) 6 oz sirloin, left over pasta fazool without the pasta, and a large salad with almond oil and vinegar dressing. Found the almond oil in the close out section at my grocery store. Nice change from evo.

gh4bbxq0mddh.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

I forgot who asked, but yes, Wendy’s has the $1 frosty here too.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is:
    oeeoq6cl8x30.jpeg
    ut2dxt7t4ic3.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 5
    First of all I couldn't find the repair I had made in the quilt to stitch it!!! I had done too good a job! Eventually John found it, after much looking. So I tacked all around, and I hope it holds.
    I used my own sewing basket in the end, but first I got his dead partner's one out from the bottom drawer of the antique bureau in the hall. The drawer got stuck and I was wrecking my back trying to close it. Remembered the tip to use candle wax, so did that, and it helped, but I have put her basket in a more accessible place now. 😀
    After lunch I cleared the bathroom. I was able to move the cupboards on my own. All ready for tomorrow now. I will wash my hair first thing.
    I've fried the halloumi for the curry and washed the spinach. John went out in the rain, twice, to get vegetables. Horrible day. G got soaked going to have an ultrasound on her foot. Had to buy socks, as she was in Romsey! Romsey has a famous Abbey and a super old department store, which are becoming increasingly rare.

Michael Moseley tonight. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited September 5
    Ladies - thank you for sharing your wedding dress stories and photos. <3 Much enjoyed! Have you noticed how many of us look like KIDS in these photos? :p

Lisa, I have always loved that dress. I've never seen anything like it and you two are a beautiful couple. Yes, the expression on your face at your first wedding! :o I need to dig out my pictures.

Annie - glad you got the Bose set up and can enjoy listening to your music.

Barbie - Hope Jake's trip to Seattle went OK. When you mentioned they were heading to Seattle, I crossed fingers that traffic would be lighter and less congested with school starting and people home from vacations.

Barbara - so glad Mooch came right back! Good luck with the surgery.

Beth - what great news about your mom. Amazing to think of her life in the past what - 5 years or so - moving your folks closer (big job!), loss of your dad, the different places she lived. Hope this is her final home, it sounds wonderful.

Tracey - what a great idea deconstructing your wedding gown and finding uses for some of the pieces. You are a wizard when it comes to things like that. Beautiful shadow boxes.

Ginny - I'm real curious about what's going on in your foot and hope the MRI shows something definitive. My ortho foot doc mentioned getting an MRI in the midst of "it must be RA" tangent, but I let it drop since he's so busy and I'm making some progress. But I see there's now another foot doc at the practice. He must be related to Heather's handsome surgeon, lol. Maybe I need to pursue this again. ;)

Vicki - when you retire, we're going to throw you the biggest virtual retirement party ever known. It might take down the internet! :p

What I've noticed with this diabetes prevention program is that a lot of it is focused on simply losing weight, eating healthier, getting more activity and exercise. Seems like a no-brainer, right? So any of us with even normal A1C and great fasting morning blood sugar might do well following this program. It took me only a few years to creep into the pre-diabetic category - weight up a little, fasting blood sugar over 100 on a regular basis, BMI stumbling from high normal into overweight, A1C up from 5.4 to 5.8 fairly quickly. BAM. Just like that. :(

In a way, Rita and I were very lucky that we were found to be pre-diabetic and now we know the pressure is on to make and KEEP substantial changes in our diet and activity level. Logging food and keeping track of our activity, finding ways to keep it up when life sometimes interferes. Getting back on the wagon.

No surprise, a YouTube video by Dr. Jason Fung came up as I was typing the post this morning. :D He's talking about keys to longevity. Getting diabetes and obesity under control is #1 (they can go hand in hand.) If interested, it's about 8 1/2 minutes long.

Stay cool ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Have you ladies with kitties seen this? What a great idea!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1171123344138134

Lanette
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Lanette ~ The cats are so cute looking for the moving target. I love the reels on Facebook and get many ideas for things to cook.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,127 Member
    Top of the morning to you from the Emerald Isle. It is set fair for a mild autumnal day here.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

there is an older, retired Marine that I see most mornings when I am walking my mother in law's dog.
    Each morning, Ron says "Top of the morning to you" or just "Top of the morning". He is always out in his yard, cleaning or cleaning the gutters/sidewalks with his little dust pan and broom. Very nice guy. I look forward to seeing him. His hearing is REALLY bad from what he has told me so I don't stop to chat much- just say good morning to him.