Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 272

15678911»

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 821 Member
    SW RND 272: 135.0
    GW RND 272: 133.5 (dare I set this goal? I think I can do it if I stay focused)
    UGW: 125 and evaluate from there
    Non-scale goals for round 272 (tracked for the prior day each morning):
    🏃🏻‍♀️(cardio) or 🏋🏻‍♀️ (lift) 7/10 days
    🚫 no alcohol 5/10 days
    📝 track 6/10 days
    ⏱️ intermittent fasting (16:8) 7/10 days

9/13 - 134.2 🏃🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ ⏱️ Set some extra goals for this round. Not starting too ambitious yet but these things should help me stay on track. I did drink yesterday and failed to track my intake. But I went for a run and lifted weights at least! I didn’t snack at least. Today I’ll just power walk the dogs, and my 3 year old asked me to e-bike him to school, so I did. That’s very light cardio but it’s more than I get while driving!

9/14 - 132.8 🏃🏻‍♀️⏱️ Didn’t make many of my non-scale goals. I’ve always been a procrastinator 😅 My loss today is at least partially dehydration due to alcohol. I drank more than I’d planned when a friend popped by after dinner. Ugh. Not sure what activity will be today but I’m hoping to squeeze something in around kid activities!

9/15 - 134.8 📝 Phew, so many calories at dinner at our friends’ house. Just realized I forgot to track the wine, and I’m already at 1100 calories for dinner alone 🫣 I didn’t get a workout in yesterday beyond ebiking the kids around. Today we’ll go on a family hike. It won’t be much but I’ll count it.

9/16 - 134.8 📝🏃🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🚫⏱️ First day I’ve hit all of my non-scale goals! I stayed baaarely within calories but I felt like I was back on track with my goals. DH is definitely a bad influence but I can overcome his attempts to derail me, haha. What I can’t comprehend is his saying he’s overweight and he needs to fix it and he knows it’s his eating, but he carries on without making a change. It’s clear to me that he sometimes feels offended when I make a different eating choice from him but I wish he would channel that energy differently. It isn’t going to get easier as we age. Each time I restart it gets harder. Anyway I’ll just try to keep progressing toward my goal and maybe he’ll get inspired. He can’t do it if he doesn’t genuinely want to. Today I’m going to take the dogs on a walk/run for my activity. I already know I’m making instant pot chicken adobo for dinner so I can plan my lunch accordingly.

9/17 - 133.2 📝🏃🏻‍♀️🚫⏱️ Yesterday was a very good day. I had a bowl of ice cream after dinner that wasn’t planned but fit within my calories+exercise calories, so I’m okay with it. Otherwise everything was exactly as planned. Today I’m lifting so won’t have as many exercise calories to eat, but I’m always hungrier on my lifting days. The program I’m doing increase squat weight by 5 pounds every workout so I’m already at 100 pounds today! Feels like a milestone. I’m a little worried that it will get too heavy soon but so far so good.

9/18 - 133.0 📝🏃🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️ Yesterday I tried to up my protein. I realized that if I want to build and/or maintain muscle while also losing weight, that's what I'm going to have to do. But wow, it's hard on limited calories! Here was my attempt:
    Breakfast: 9 tbsp of egg whites mixed with a little cheese, avocado, and salsa
    lunch: cottage cheese, chicken breast, and an apple
    snack: banana (think I could have squeezed some protein in here but I was in a rush)
    dinner: steak with veggies and yams
    All of that was only 95g of protein and I'd like to have roughly my weight in grams of protein. Anyone here target protein goals? Any suggestions? I don't love protein powder but I'll try it if it's the only way.

9/19 - 📝🏃🏻‍♀️⏱️ 133.4. Thanks for the protein tips yesterday! Making good progress on most of my non-scale goals. Looks like no alcohol for the rest of the challenge, which will be manageable. We had a date night last night. I usually complain about DH’s bad influence on me but he chose a salad for dinner so I did the same, despite eyeing the burgers! It was a fun night. I’m lifting weights now - so shaky on 105-lb squats, ugh! Have no food plan for today so I’ll have to figure that out.

9/20 - 📝 🏋🏻‍♀️ 🚫 134.8 :neutral: Not sure what happened here. I did go slightly over but only by 20 or so calories. I did have a full serving of ice cream yesterday evening but usually my body doesn't react that extremely to that. Seems like most days I have either beer or ice cream :lol: Probably should have a day with neither and see how that goes. I'm in a very good mood today. DH has been wanting to move our family to Colorado (from Virginia) and he finally got an actual offer, but the money wasn't good enough. I could feel him trying to talk himself into it and waffling a lot but he stuck with the boundary he had set (what he makes now or more if we're going to increase our cost of living by 50%). We spent the summer there to try it out and I wasn't convinced our lives would be markedly better there. Honestly he just despises the humidity and disappointing winters for skiing. It may be on the table later but for now we are staying put and I'm so happy to feel stable. It's a privilege to even be able to have these discussions, and I'm grateful for the life we've been gifted and what we've built.

9/21 - 📝 🏃🏻‍♀️ 🚫 134.6. I know this challenge is over but wanted to round out the challenge by coming to finish out the round. I weighed over the weekend but not much else.

9/22 - 135.6. Eek! +1.4 oof.
    Final non-scale tally:
    📝 - 7/10 (goal 6/10)
    🚫 - 4/10 (goal 5/10) whoops
    🏃🏻‍♀️/🏋🏻‍♀️ - 8/10 (goal 7/10)
    ⏱️ - 5/10 (goal 7/10 - may need to re-evaluate this goal for next round. Not realistic for lifting mornings or weekends with family)
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 1,130 Member
    70 yo female; 5’5”
    SW 127.6# pre travel
    Round Goals: optimize health; get back to routine
    Strategy:
    Hydration 💧 64 oz minimum
    Follow nutrition/calorie plan and track food🥕
    Walk 👣
    Showing today’s weigh in; yesterday’s success
    9/19 127.8# 💧🥕
    9/20 128.4# 💧🥕👣
    9/21 128.6# 💧🥕👣
    9/22 127.6# 💧🥕 still recovering
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,727 Member
    Thank you, @quiltingjaine !
    74 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 147.0
    UGW: 140.0
    09/11 - 151.2 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    09/12 - 153.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    Day/Weight/Comment
    09/13 - 152.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero...trainer gone for a week
    09/14 - 152.5 at 6:00 a.m. ...5.46 miles in 109 mins to the post office and back
    09/15 - 151.6 at 6:00 a.m. ...5.23 miles in 102 mins to the Ruins and back
    09/16 - 151.2 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    09/17 - 149.2 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    09/18 - 150.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    09/19 - 150.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then went to get booster shots
    09/20 - 149.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...zero...arm so sore!!
    09/21 - 149.7 at 9:00 a.m. ...zero...still recovering... :#
    09/22 - 150.3 at 6:30 a.m. ...5.40 miles in 108 mins to the post office and back.
    Good luck everyone!
    Chris