A confession to the MFP Police

Options

Replies

• JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wait.....I'm fat?! :frown:
    Great...now I have to start logging my Strawberry Milkshake Poptarts...

P.S. I read this post while eating 3 M&M cookies... :laugh:
    :noway: *oh no he DIDN'T*
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love it. My confessions:

1. I USUALLY LOG IN EVERYTHING I EAT BUT BEING DISABLED, I AM AT HOME TO BE ABLE TO DO SO.

2. I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND what TDEE IS AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF EVEN LOOKING IT UP OR USING IT..

3. I NEVER eat my exercise calories back.

4. Some days I am in starvation mode. Sometimes this will last for more than a day.

5. I do not drink enough water. I am lucky if I make it to ANY cups in a day.

6. I do not use a HRM. I use EXCESS CALORIES BURNED THAT MY FITBIT TRANSFERS. Occasionally I will get curious and google "calories burned
    " just to see what that says.

7. I ALMOST ALWAYS MEASURE AND WEIGH MY FOOD BUT ONLY BECAUSE I AM A BAD JUDGE OF SERVINGS..

8. I WEIGH MYSELF EVERY DAY BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT IS A PART OF THE VA HOSPITAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM THAT I VOLUNTEERED FOR, OTHERWISE I WOULD WEIGH WHENEVER I CHOOSE TO..

9. THERE ARE WEEKS I SIMPLY HURT TOO DAMN MUCH TO EXERCISE AND OTHERS THE DOCTORS SAY NOT TO AND I DO ANYWAY. I EXERCISE BASED ON HOW I FEEL, NOT HOW THE DOCTOR THINKS I SHOULD FEEL.

10. I NEVER ASWK FOR ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS OF THE MFP POLICE AND QUITE FRANKLY THAT IS BECAUSE I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK. I DO WHAT WORKS FOR ME AND YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO DO THE SAME. IF YOU ARE A TRUE EXPERT, OPEN UP YOUR DOCTORS OFFICE.

11. I used to be fat..... just like you
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    My bra is too tight.

Allow me.
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    haha my thoughts exactly. I'm a Starbucks girl myself!!! Changed to a small Dunkin Donuts cuz it was way cheaper and less calories. Now I'm feeling a Starbucks though...hhhmmmm:drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe knowledgeable posters should just stop trying to help. There appears to be a lot of resentment toward their efforts. That's sad.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I need to confess. Here is a list of rules that I have broken:
    Clip of silly rules that no one follows to the letter

...Actually I think I've about summed up what I was going to say.

Do not presume that suggestions given to people asking for help are rules that everyone most follow to the letter at all times. Lots of the people you're probably thinking of as MFP police don't follow all those rules all of the time nor would they suggest them for someone who seems to be doing well without outside input. I don't log everything (My diet sodas and splenda rarely make it into my diary) but I assure you no one tells me I have to.I don't attempt to weight food I get from outside of my home, and no one is breathing down my neck making disapproving noises.

If you're making progress and aren't asking for help it's really really really unlikely that anyone is forcing their help upon you.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's not the help that most resent...it's their tone. I've been called stupid more here in the last two days than ever in my life. Starting to wonder how I ever became valedictorian of my class.
  • CarlaPhillips22
    CarlaPhillips22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ROTFLMAO! I love this too! Makes me feel much better. In a weird way it even makes me feel better after an acquaintance of mine decided it was her obligation to tell me what I should and shouldn't feed my kid cause it could be causing her seizures...even tho she has no experience in dealing with that...I knew this but it still makes you feel bad when people do or say stuff like what you are referring to. There should be like buttons like on facebook...or maybe even unlike buttons.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe knowledgeable posters should just stop trying to help. There appears to be a lot of resentment toward their efforts. That's sad.

It's why so many knowledgable and helpful people have left the forums or the site altogether. It takes entirely too much patience to put up with all of the anger and derp.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's not the help that most resent...it's their tone. I've been called stupid more here in the last two days than ever in my life. Starting to wonder how I ever became valedictorian of my class.

The ability to memorize and then parrot back information in school isn't necessarily an indicator that you aren't stupid. Not saying you are stupid, just saying that's not the hallmark I would use.
  • whierd
    Options

Please show me the threads that you were called stupid in.
  • CarlaPhillips22
    CarlaPhillips22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ha! I like Donald's post too!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    This is the third post like this I've seen in the week I've been posting here. Am I missing a rash of rude mean posters who mock people and put them down or blame them for not being more successful in their journey?

143dimu.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

The ability to memorize and then parrot back information in school isn't necessarily an indicator that you aren't stupid. Not saying you are stupid, just saying that's not the hallmark I would use.

QFT
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    This is the third post like this I've seen in the week I've been posting here. Am I missing a rash of rude mean posters who mock people and put them down or blame them for not being more successful in their journey?

143dimu.gif

Depends on how you are looking at it. Some people can be a bit sensitive and take things the wrong way. Or get easily upset and rather than focus on the information, focus more on the bluntness or "snarky" tone something is said.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Maybe you "Knowledgeable Posters" should open your Doctors Office where people can come to you for your professional educated opinion. Where did you receive your MD Degree and License to Practice?

Who gave you that gun??
  • whierd
    Options

Maybe you "Knowledgeable Posters" should open your Doctors Office where people can come to you for your professional educated opinion. Where did you receive your MD Degree and License to Practice?

Where did you?
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Sorry, not those exactly those words. One "gentleman" told me that his six year old daughter could do better research than I could. If he was an expert in the field he was talking about, he should have told the rest of the posters and I'm certain they (and I) would have deferred to him.

Thank you, for pointing out the obvious to those that talk about parroting back information. Again, I'll back out bowing to your superior intelligence.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Sorry, not those exactly those words. One "gentleman" told me that his six year old daughter could do better research than I could. If he was an expert in the field he was talking about, he should have told the rest of the posters and I'm certain they (and I) would have deferred to him.

Thank you, for pointing out the obvious to those that talk about parroting back information. Again, I'll back out bowing to your superior intelligence.

Did you just complain about being called "stupid," admit that this didn't happen, and then turn around and insult someone else's intelligence?

Well, I'm convinced . . .
  • PikaKnight
    Options

As I said to another poster....it's all about how you take things