OCTOBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    @quilteryoyo - Let me know how you like the new model of the Brooks Adreniline. My running friend S is trying to decide if she is going to keep the pair she just got or send them back. She said they were heavy and had too much cushioning.

@AmunahSki - If you have room for it, I would definitely check out the used treadmill and if ok purchase it. I hate using one but sometimes the weather is not conducive to run outside (icy, slick snow, extreme cold, etc.)

@daria0919 - Beautiful bear!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,316 Member
    @daria0919 what a lovely bear
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,316 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Morning all
    Got in 9 kilometres at 10"03 minutes per mile.
    Just to throw out two different metrics in the same sentence 😂

@tarun_yadavA math nerd 🤣

@daria0919 guilty as charged Ma'am 😂
    7bosuwfd6lyj.png

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,055 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Morning all
    Got in 9 kilometres at 10"03 minutes per mile.
    Just to throw out two different metrics in the same sentence 😂

@tarun_yadavA math nerd 🤣

@daria0919 guilty as charged Ma'am 😂
    7bosuwfd6lyj.png

😂😂😂😂 @tarun_yadavA - yeah, one math nerd recognizes another math nerd when they see one! 😆
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,231 Member
    01/10 3.84 miles
    02/10 4.05 miles

Total 7.89/60 miles

Lovely crisp weather for a run this evening
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,353 Member
    Have fun @Laurz9191 . Did you hear about the 80 yo man, Peter Bartel, that finished the Berlin Marathon in last place, but he had run the inaugural race 50 years ago. That's pretty amazing.

hahaha @tarun_yadavA You did great in either system.

Nice run @AmunahSki . The treadmill is a personal preference. I have a treadmill and use it a lot when it's cold and rainy. I like the fact that it helps me pace my runs. I think the ones that are just expensive clothes racks are people who haven't been exercising and think getting a treadmill will get them moving, but if they weren't before, having it in the house is unlikely to change that habit. It can get boring on long runs, but I either watch TV or listen to music and it isn't bad - if I get the right TV show on. I like the one's that make me think - like game shows where I can try to answer the questions, or old classics.

Yikes @daria0919 . Be careful out there!

I will @Teresa502 . Has S ran in the older versions? I do think they are all a bit heavy and cushiony, but they are the one's the doctor's and Fleet Feet suggested for my over pronation and they have kept my legs injury free. But, if they changed them.....

Nice run @yirara .

Glad you had such a nice run @kgirlhart .

Nice @Mari33a .
  • quilteryoyo
    edited October 3
    1 Oct - Walked 0.65 miles - Ran 2.45 miles - Treadmill
    2 Oct - Walked 2.15 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway wun - Singles tennis 1h42m43s

5.25/80 mile goal

I played tennis with my friend who had the knee surgery in the spring again today. She's getting more confident in her knee, so did better today. We had some really great, long rallies. It was fun. I won 6-4, 6-3.

When I got home, I did a wun on the driveway. We had planned to mow mom's lawn, so I didn't want to overdo, but it didn't dry off in time, so that will have to be for another day.

I did go to mom's and get some containers full of water for non-potable use. I also took a bath - she doesn't have a shower. That felt really good. I was beginning to need it with all the sweating I was doing. :lol: They are still saying they hope to have water restored Friday.
    b8y0x7x1le1e.jpg
    This should last me a couple of days. It's amazing how much water it takes to flush the commode.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,266 Member
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    Seeking advice from the collective… I’m giving some thought to getting a second hand treadmill (paying £100 or so) for when it’s really cold and wet… good idea or bad idea? There always seem to be a plentiful supply gathering dust in people’s homes… is it that people are faddy, or are injuries more common, or is it just too boring?

I think people have good intentions but don't use it as much as they think they will. I have a treadmill mostly for a break from the summer heat but I'd much rather be outside and honestly don't use it a lot. But, I am glad I have it for when I need it.
    I'd say just try to be honest yourself about how much you'd use it and whether that amount is worth the cost of the treadmill.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,266 Member
    @daria0919 Wow! Good idea heading to another spot.
  • quilteryoyo
    @martaindale A nice long walk is great when you can't run. Good luck with your new plan.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Great run today.

• quilteryoyo
    Great running @Scott6255 . I'm glad you are thinking about running the race for/as your brother. I'm sure whatever you do about the race, he is going to enjoy seeing you. Family is important, and I think more so with twins. (My nephew married a twin, so I have a little insight into the twin mind. LOL)