OCTOBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 186 Member
    2 Oct: 4.86mi/7.8k
    4 Oct: 4.22mi/6.79k

Total 9.08mi/14.6k

Sunny, not too warm, perfect weather to push it just a little: got 3 PB’s, shaving almost a minute off my 5k. Very happy with that!
    My PR’s:
    1k: 6:39
    1m: 10:51 (previous 10:59)
    2m: 22:05 (previous 22:30)
    5k: 34:39 (previous 35:36)
    Longest run/walk - 5.33mi/8.57k
    Longest run - 4.63mi/7.44k
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,353 Member
    Sounds nice @yirara !

Sounds like great exercise @WarmJellyfish !

@AlphaHowls I'm glad you decided to run the HM. You need to do some things for you. Lovely photo.

• quilteryoyo
    Sounds like you did great @kgirlhart !

Nice hungover run today @tarun_yadavA ! Happy Birthday to your SIL. You don't look any worse for the wear. I hope you recover quickly and have a better run tomorrow.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,266 Member
    @Scott6255 The fitness comes back more quickly than you expect but mentally it's a big boost to see you can still do the distance after some time away. Curious what your brother would think about you running for him. I think it's a nice gesture.

@quilteryoyo Having the water come back temporarily is such a tease! Fingers crossed for you to get it back soon.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,266 Member
    Oct total: 6/125 miles
    YTD: 780.7/1200 miles

10/5: 6 miles

I slept in this morning, which was much needed. Even though I got out a bit later than planned, it wasn't crazy hot. About 74° and the humidity is a little lower right now.

My motivation waxes and wanes from day to day. After I did that speed workout earlier in the week, I was feeling motivated to train and optimistic about my upcoming plan. Today, I'm not feeling it as much. While I'm enjoying running, the effort of running hard is not something I'm really in the mood to do a lot of the time right now.

I'm going to make an appointment with my physician. I feel like some of my lack of motivation is just general fatigue. It's getting difficult for me to tell the difference between perimenopause symptoms and whether or not there may be something else going on. I am requiring a solid hour more sleep than I have for several years and when I can't get it the effects are very noticeable. I enjoy the feeling of pushing myself and racing and achieving goals. However, months of training takes a toll and right now the thought of doing it is kind of deflating.
  • quilteryoyo
    Great job on the HM distance @Scott6255 .

Thanks @martaindale . You did great with your run this morning. I understand how you feel. I'm glad you are going to see your doctor. It could be that you are low in some vitamin or anemic or something that you can easily fix. Hang in there. I hope you get the motivation back soon.

1 Oct - Walked 0.65 miles - Ran 2.45 miles - Treadmill
    2 Oct - Walked 2.15 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway wun - Singles tennis 1h42m43s
    3 Oct - Walked 0.65 miles - Ran 1.60 miles - Driveway drills - Gym46m12s, Mow 1h48m22s, Tennis 1h21m02s

4 Oct - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps
    5 Oct - Walked 0.99 miles - Ran 8.26 miles - Driveway and road

18.75/80 mile goal

I went out for my scheduled long run today. Plan called for 10 min warm up, 8 mile run/walk, 10 min cool down. I walked for 0.37 miles and then ran part of the rest of the warm up (included in the run total). I knew this was going to be hard, because I haven't traversed that distance in a long time. I decided to just do what I could do and if I needed to walk a lot, I'd do my best to get the mileage in, regardless of the pace. I'm glad that was my plan so I wasn't disappointed.

The first 3 miles I tried Jeff's method for my hopeful pace, and did a run/walk of 1 min/30 sec. After that, partly because of the hills, I just ran when I wanted and walked when I wanted. After mile 6, I walked a whole lot more than I ran. My splits were 14:08, 12:58, 13:15, 15:01, 14:39, 14:31, 15:08, and 15:58 min/mile. My avg HR was 113 with a max of 139 bpm. I guess because of this Strava said this was easier than my normal exercise! Ummm. No it wasn't!!! :lol:

I got water back while I was running this morning. They were flushing out the lines as I passed by. I stopped and talked to the worker. He said it should be permanent this time, unless there's a break in the line somewhere. We will be under a boil alert for a few days/couple of weeks, but just not having to worry about flushing the commode is a great help!
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 5
    Oh no! Strava is down!
    How am I going to see how many hills did I do today? :/
    I think I logged 13.5k today
    Interestingly Garmin Connect is not fully functioning either.
    Time to bring back out the map, compass and measuring wheel >:)B):p