Bigger Forearms

Hey does anyone know what at home forearm exercises i can do to get bigger forearms?

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Wrist curls. Supinated, lower arm flat. With a db, let it roll down your fingers then grip it back up.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,167 Member
    edited October 20
    It depends on what kind of equipment you have. There are some good exercises however they are equipment dependent
  • ErickAtSwiff
    ErickAtSwiff Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 20
    I have dumbbells
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,213 Member
    Don't forget to curl your wrist the other direction as well. Prop your lower arm across a bench, holding the DB in your hand with the back of your hand facing up. Let your hand bend down, then use the wrist muscles to pull your hand back up against gravity. Make sure you use a light weight, especially to start.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 21
    Not a priority but I played around with this Youtuber's five minute set a few years ago - it's a test (got a lot of views, too). You might also consider the fairly cheap Wrist Rollers bars, some of which can attach DBs as the weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,986 Member
    I2k4 wrote: ยป
    Not a priority but I played around with this Youtuber's five minute set a few years ago - it's a test (got a lot of views, too). You might also consider the fairly cheap Wrist Rollers bars, some of which can attach DBs as the weight.

I made a thing like the roller bar out of a spare chunk of dowel with a hole drilled through it, plus some rope - practically free, worked OK. My kung fu teacher wanted it because he found it better than similar training devices he'd used, so I don't have it any more.

• nossmf
    You know kung fu?!?!? ๐Ÿฅ‹๐Ÿค›๐Ÿป๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ‘ค The more you learn about somebody, the less you know... lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,986 Member
    nossmf wrote: ยป
    You know kung fu?!?!? ๐Ÿฅ‹๐Ÿค›๐Ÿป๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ‘ค The more you learn about somebody, the less you know... lol

LOL! Not a claim I would make.

I studied Chinese martial arts for around 8 years. My late husband was a kung fu and tai chi teacher. Our teacher (master) was the one who asked me if he could have the roller. Students don't say no to requests like that. ;)

I used to know a little kung fu, but was never as serious about it as my husband was. Technically, I was the advisor to the university's kung fu club for several years, but only because I was a university employee, not because I was very accomplished. At one time, I could do some stuff. The more I learned, the more I understood that - especially as a smaller and female-er person - it was a really, really good idea never to have to use physical techniques. It was fun, though.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,816 Member
    shr1tryimost.gif
  • nossmf
    I studied aikido for a couple years in college, and I can confidently say that, if I were forced to use those skills to defend myself today, I would...make the situation worse through uncoordinated, unpracticed, half-remembered skills, lol.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 23
    I2k4 wrote: ยป

I made a thing like the roller bar out of a spare chunk of dowel with a hole drilled through it, plus some rope - practically free, worked OK. My kung fu teacher wanted it because he found it better than similar training devices he'd used, so I don't have it any more.

No question the rollers are a good candidate for DIY. BTW there are some interesting web sources on just twisting or scrunching up a heavy towel as rehab therapy, and a rolled towel makes a good "fat grip" handle for cable or resistance bands. Also if not using those DBs for pronated and hammer biceps curls, OP could usefully add them for forearms and fuller biceps.