"Why are you single?"

Options

Replies

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am single because I am always interested in guys who don't like me. The guys that find me attractive, I tend to not be interested in. Its a vicious circle.
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    Because I have not found the one that will like me as I am yet^^
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't found someone worth giving it up for yet
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I don't think its rude. I've been asked that a lot lately. Or, why are you on a dating site. Because I deserve the best and am not willing to settle for anything less would be my answer to the OP. Dating site, because I don't go out too often, so I don't go places I'd likely run into anyone to date.
  • thugstrife
    thugstrife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think if you take offense to that question, you must think that there is some kind of problem with being single - and if you answer abrasively, whoever asked you that question is going to assume that you're single because you're a sick-in-the-mud. Answer the question for what it is, which is someone trying to figure out what place you are at in your life. Just my two cents, which are worth more in Canada.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Whatever comment you want to apply to the question, my only answer, and not a happy one, my husband died. Next time put more thought into a question.

So sorry for you loss!
  • jsd43953
    jsd43953 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Because I am one of the few "good ones" . Tired of my kindness being taken for wickness. Sometimes what you think you want isnt what you truly want b/c when you get what you ask for you dont know how to handle it. Food for thought
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I just usually answer that there is many reasons for it. Which is true. Some of my friends also tell me that I'm picky. Which is probably true too, haha
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I get that question a lot. I suppose the truth is "I am unlovable."

tumblr_m2jhj5BS4U1qiv5qco1_400.gif
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    1236277_10153178429885082_563282224_n.jpg
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Don't get it much anymore, I assume people know why BUT if anyone is rude enough to ASK why am I single my response is
    'why aren't you?'
    I would never live any other way
    I want NO interference or disruptions in my life
    I don't need the BS, drama and fkn in-laws
    that's why -
    infinity
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    because i've "settled" before when my confidence was low and now that i'm proud of who I am and what I have to offer I won't put myself in that position again... call it picky, call it whatever you like but my lonely days when I'm single are no where near as bad as the days I spent trying to be someone I wasn't for someone who didn't deserve me...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not so desperate that I would truly hope to find a good man at speed-dating. :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not single now. But when I was, I think the honest answer would have been I always choose the wrong men.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Damn restraining order....
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I attract *kitten*. Or I am a *kitten*. Who knows... :smile:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    This thread needs a shrink, it goes from insecurity to misplaced rage to borderline narcissist..............good times
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Seems like a silly question ..... my answer would be because I didn't meet the love of my life at the age of 15 so I'm bound to be single as some point, relationships change as do people. I'm single because I ain't with anyone, the end
  • BDEGAND
    Options
    after two 10 year relationships, I have made some bad choices in love. Now, I guess I just haven't found someone who compliments me or gives me the feeling that I'd like to get to know them better. Not getting out and mingling isn't helping, but between kids and working full time, I got nothin left.

PS...the guys that hit on me are usually 10 years younger....ummm not interested in boy toys.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I'm tired of all the drama. They say women have drama, well let me say maybe its the men I pick but men also have baggage , drama & baby momma drama . Not to mention I have a 10 yr daughter and in today's world I am just scared to have men around her ( she looks more like 13) .