ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Wish I could help but that is not what you are looking for here. Sounds like you want someone to say "ok, bye" No one can make you stay except yourself.
  • missdelajay
    missdelajay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1235277_612408395456078_346820929_n.jpg

What would have happened over the last 9 months if you hadn't been doing all you've been doing? Would you have gained 10lbs? Would your health have improved?

First of all, love this quote!

Secondly, 14 pounds is a great amount to lose in 9 months. Some may lose that in one month possibly by extreme dieting. It seems you are doing things right. Keep at it. It took me 2 years to lose 20 pounds because I decided on a lifestyle change versus a quick fix. It's tough, but never give up!
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    i am also not sure why you posted this under GOAL: GAINING WEIGHT and you mention you want to lose. I think you are confused.
  • tamsin66
    Options
    Hello, you have so much to lose by giving up. Please try to read "Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease" by Robert Lustig M.D.. I'm only halfway through, but it's a sobering and good read. What's standing out to me so far are these things:

- lessening caloric intake reduces pounds
    - exercise reduces inches
    -people with a bmi of 25-30 and a healthy lifestyle are much healthier and more long-lived than thin people with unhealthy lifestyles
    -more muscle burns more calories

I saw a nutritionist and she said I was eating very well, but she said I was just eating too much of that good stuff. You seem to eat well, but how much of it are you eating?

If you give up, it's your loss. I view my diet and exercise choices as ways of winning a war I'm waging against disease. That's helped me click and get my life in order and make lifestyle changes that have been going on since April 1 of this year. It's been slow work. I lose maybe 1 pound per week. Sometimes, I don't lose at all and I fluctuate sometimes too.

All I have left to say to you are the words of Winston Churchill "never, never, never give up!"
  • hazellac
    hazellac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "Why choose to fail when success is an option?" Jillian Michaels.

I appreciate that you're frustrated but you need to realise it's not all about the scales. Do you feel fitter? Do you feel healthier? Do you find you can do things easier than before? ..... if so then why give all that up just because the scales don't tell you what you want to hear? You can do this. Don't give up on your health or at some point it will give up on you!
  • Terilynn777
    Options
    I am feeling the same way -- just today I decided to try the Atkins diet -- we'll see.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Open your diary?

This.

Gotta open that diary if you want honest advice.

I've been dieting for 23 weeks and have lost 28 pounds for an average of 1.2 pounds per week.

If you have been truly eating a calorie deficit for 9 months you should be losing weight.

She doesn't want advice. She just wants people to know she's given up.

This.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If you want to quit, just quit.

Why waste your time posting about it when you could be getting on with the business of quitting?
  • TammyBaer
    TammyBaer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing anymore you simply are no longer in a deficit. Are you eating the calories you burn during exercise back? If so are you absolutely sure those calories are correct? In other words if you eat back calories you didn't burn in the first place you're probably not in a deficit. Also you said you changed routines because it wasn't working. How long were you on this routine? Was it a weight training routine and if so were you making consistent progression in the weight you were lifting? If you lift the same weight every time you go to the gym or don't try to progress in some way consistently you are not giving your body any reason to change. As far as the whole "you're probably gaining muscle" thing that you said everyone is telling you, that is probably not the case. Sounds like you are eating exactly what your body needs to maintain or if you're gaining you are in a surplus. Giving up is not the answer because that ain't gonna fix anything. But stepping back and looking at what is going on and fixing it works every time. Look at it this way, you are not immune to losing weight. You just have to tweak something to make it happen.

Jeff sums it up exactly! Get back to the basics. Start weighing your food and make sure your portions are correct. Sometimes they creep up on us and we haven't realized it. I suggest customizing the recommended protein/carb/fat ratios as well. I use 40% protein, 30-40% carb and healthy fats. Try adding coconut oil to your diet as well. I am finding this combined with cutting sugar working well for me. Good luck!! What ever you do, do not pack it in. Imagine how quick you'll gain it back if you quit!
  • allieandlanie
    allieandlanie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and log honestly..... Ask for help.... We are all here to support one another while we are on our own journey to become healthier.... I can assure you with just exercising you are healthier.... I know it is frustrating not seeing the scale go down but take measurements. You can be gaining muscles but loosing inches. Quitting is not the answer to your problems..... See your regular doctor and talk to him about it. You can not expect results if you don't exhaust every option. I wish you success and hope you keep on your journey. Slow progress is still progress
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Quitting is totally the way to go.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    I have been on this journey since January 2013 I have joined Planet Fitness I go there about 6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes a day I make sure i eat smaller portions I eat alot of chicken, fish and salads daily I recently joined a fit club where they do exercise classes and i have been doing that 3-4 days a week because I didnt know if my body was tried of the routines I was doing at the gym and still absolutely no results. I dont notice I change in my clothes or a change in the number on the scale. I drink 64 ounces of water a day which is good for me because all my life i never drank water, In the beggining I lost 14 lbs and in the last 4 months everytime i weigh in Im gaining that back, I know people say "maybe your gaining muscle" but is it possible to be gaining muscle for all these months and NO RESULTS im fed up, you would think that in 9 months I would have lost more than just 14 lbs sorry for venting out but im disgusted and discouraged.

If you're ready to live the rest of your life in your current body, go on and quit. Be happy. But make sure you gave it all you got first. Like, have you been weighing all your food? Have you honestly been in a calorie deficit?
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Whenever I felt like quitting, it ALWAYS turned out to be due to not having the physical energy.

Either I wasn't getting enough rest, or I wasn't eating enough...or both.

Seriously.
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love the quote!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    You're giving up? Allow me to congratulate you.

tumblr_m7fh34EcU31rzjjfeo1_250.gif
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

*pounding head against the wall*
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

*pounding head against the wall*

No you're not! I'm standing behind you pounding both of our heads into the wall!!! :huh:

Why on earth would someone that is clearly not in a deficit want to eat more food? How does that work exactly?
  • Xavion09
    Xavion09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, you are not eating enough and your body is in starvation mood. You have to eat a combanation of food, focus on your menu then on to your fitness plan. You are trying to do to much at one time.
  • chilurean
    Options
    First, take down Beyonce's pic as your profile. Be happy with yourself! Not everyone in this world was meant to look the same. You're probably in great shape and look awesome, be happy with yourself! The number on the scale shouldn't dictate your happiness. You're focused way too much on this. It's great to have goals, but not over do it. I'm not saying to stop working out, but maybe just a take break. Take up another hobby, go on a vacation, enjoy life! Good luck and don't give up, just alter your goal to finding hapiness.