ITS OFFICIAL IM GIVING UP!!!

Options

Replies

• Juiced_Justin
    Juiced_Justin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Under eating is possible so you can stop banging your head against a wall and open up your mind instead.

Its called metabolic damage... Explain how someone can eat only 1200 calories, work out 6 times a week and still not lose weight. Your body is smarter than you are, dieting is all about figuring out your body, however you can only cut calories to a certain point before your body thinks its starving (which technically it is) and it slowly shuts down your metabolism until you basal metabolic rate is practically 0.
    Maybe you're not eating enough.

*pounding head against the wall*

No you're not! I'm standing behind you pounding both of our heads into the wall!!! :huh:

Why on earth would someone that is clearly not in a deficit want to eat more food? How does that work exactly?
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maybe you really are gaining muscle. Like this week I have been lifting the little hand weights and doing strength training. I gained a pound but I feel much stronger. As long as you feel good then you are doing good.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you are eating 1200 or less, and skipping logging days.

If you don't want to exercise every day, don't.

Set your goal to a pound or half pound a week. Exercise 3 days a week. Log EVERYTHING. MEASURE everything. No guesses. No skipping days.

Try this for 4 weeks. Report back on your progress.

This ^^^
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Maybe you really are gaining muscle. Like this week I have been lifting the little hand weights and doing strength training. I gained a pound but I feel much stronger. As long as you feel good then you are doing good.

I"m no expert, but as I understand it natural bodybuilders on a bulk would be happy with 6lb lean mass in A YEAR, so I don't think people who aren't losing for a few weeks can use gaining muscle as an excuse.
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey since January 2013 I have joined Planet Fitness I go there about 6 days a week for anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes a day I make sure i eat smaller portions I eat alot of chicken, fish and salads daily I recently joined a fit club where they do exercise classes and i have been doing that 3-4 days a week because I didnt know if my body was tried of the routines I was doing at the gym and still absolutely no results. I dont notice I change in my clothes or a change in the number on the scale. I drink 64 ounces of water a day which is good for me because all my life i never drank water, In the beggining I lost 14 lbs and in the last 4 months everytime i weigh in Im gaining that back, I know people say "maybe your gaining muscle" but is it possible to be gaining muscle for all these months and NO RESULTS im fed up, you would think that in 9 months I would have lost more than just 14 lbs sorry for venting out but im disgusted and discouraged.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    1 - get a heart rate monitor to track actual cal burn
    2 - get a fitbit or Jawbone up to determine you activity and sleep levels in a day
    3 - quit eating out and if you do - you don't need to order creamy pasta or pizza, get salads or grilled chicken/fish load up on veggies
    4 - pack lunch
    5 - log everything! That's the whole point of this site, to visualize how you will create a deficit
    6 - measure everything so you can properly log
    7 - Do some research, good luck.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Explain how someone can eat only 1200 calories, work out 6 times a week and still not lose weight.

Doesn't happen. Period, end of story.

you can only cut calories to a certain point before your body thinks its starving (which technically it is) and it slowly shuts down your metabolism until you basal metabolic rate is practically 0.

Absolute nonsense.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've been on my weight loss journey since April of 2011 and I weighed 200 lbs, lost 30 pounds instantly but i lost it the unhealthy way. Which was tons of cardio, slimfast, and just pretty much starvation mode. I knew if i stopped i'd gain it all back. I did get back to my old habits, gained 10 pounds back and I have been stuck on 168-175 for about a year. It's now september 2013, I've finally broke my plateau and I am down to 159. I never gave up even though, I've been stuck on the same weight for a year. I kept trying and even tried different things. You just have to find the right thing that will work for you. For me, it's a low carb diet and i do strength training and a lot of powerlifting. It's different for everyone but don't give up. Also because of powerlifting I've gained muscle so the scale didnt move or i gained. There are times I got very discouraged! until i saw a before and after photo! You can do it! :)

No. You're not. If you were really giving up, you wouldn't have posted this. You're asking for help. I took a sneak peek at your diary. It looks like the way I used to eat. No balance; skipping meals; fast food; processed food. Change your diet, focus on a targeted exercise routine, not a volume exercise routine, and just get healthy. The loss will come. My weight loss line looks like a zig zag, but downward sloping zig zag. I suspect if you looked at yours over the last few months you will find the same. Find the help you need and stay with it. It's what you want to do or you wouldn't have posted this message. If you were really quitting, you would have just quit.
  • homnicky
    Options
    ...I have actually been trying and nothing is happening i don't eat the way I used to I don't eat fast food at all anymore. And I try to grill rather than frying everything...
    ... I initially set a goal of 20 lbs. I can't even get to that, Plus I exercise every single day I feel like I'm doing all that sweating and work for nothing. Somethings wrong with this picture...I got NOTHING!!!!
    I checked your diary & I'm suffering from Cognitive Dissonance. You say the goal is to be a "healthier mom", then your pic is Beyonce. Is your goal to be "healthy" or "fabulous"?
    Then you say you don't eat fast food any more. Then half the entries are what I would consider "fast food". Is it "don't eat fast food AT ALL" or "cut down on the greasiest crap in favor of fast food"?

You're also missing breakfast half the time, which is a good way to guarantee you won't lose weight. Probably you should aim for 400-500 calories at breakfast. Something like oatmeal (whole grain that digests slowly) & a can of tuna in water (the protein gives you a feeling of fullness). Even raisin bran plus milk would be way better than what you're doing now.
    If you MUST eat out, the Subway meal you had & some stuff at Red Lobster like the shrimp are the Best Of The Worst.

Give it another try, don't look at those people that are losing 30 pounds in 3 months - they're not you!
  • nikikeenan
    nikikeenan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    eating before bed is a wives tail..not true..eating clean and weight loss..more bro science
    to lose weight you mustbe in a calorie deficit..PERIOD..thats it ( unless she has some kind of medical issue)
    read about the twinkie diet for example..not saying eating "clean" isnt great and everything but its also bs 4 ppl to think if they just eat "clean" they will lose weight..
  • matthewsism
    Options
    Cry for help?

Do what you like.

I had a look at what food you eat and from the brief peek I noticed a lot of processed foods. Processed foods are pretty much garbage. Potato chips and doughnuts came from the devil. Personally I would rather eat healthy portions of real food instead of small portions of garbage.

Maybe you just aren't ready?
  • BUMPSTEAD
    BUMPSTEAD Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bet you get plenty of compliments from other people. We are so hard on our self. Do you work out with a buddy . sounds like you need some support go do some fun things like hiking or biking. see a doctor get some advice but don't quite because if your doing all that you say your definitely gaining good health. take it easy it will happen.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Cry for help?

Do what you like.

I had a look at what food you eat and from the brief peek I noticed a lot of processed foods. Processed foods are pretty much garbage. Potato chips and doughnuts came from the devil. Personally I would rather eat healthy portions of real food instead of small portions of garbage.

I wonder what you have to say about the ice cream-covered cinnamon rolls I'll be having later tonight.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You aren't logging your exercise and your calorie logging is sporadic, at best. If you commit to doing this properly, it will work. If you aren't ready or willing to do that yet, that's fine, but you haven't given this as good a try as you seem to think.
  • highervibes
    Options
    ...I have actually been trying and nothing is happening i don't eat the way I used to I don't eat fast food at all anymore. And I try to grill rather than frying everything...
    ... I initially set a goal of 20 lbs. I can't even get to that, Plus I exercise every single day I feel like I'm doing all that sweating and work for nothing. Somethings wrong with this picture...I got NOTHING!!!!
    I checked your diary & I'm suffering from Cognitive Dissonance. You say the goal is to be a "healthier mom", then your pic is Beyonce. Is your goal to be "healthy" or "fabulous"?
    Then you say you don't eat fast food any more. Then half the entries are what I would consider "fast food". Is it "don't eat fast food AT ALL" or "cut down on the greasiest crap in favor of fast food"?

You're also missing breakfast half the time, which is a good way to guarantee you won't lose weight. Probably you should aim for 400-500 calories at breakfast. Something like oatmeal (whole grain that digests slowly) & a can of tuna in water (the protein gives you a feeling of fullness). Even raisin bran plus milk would be way better than what you're doing now.
    If you MUST eat out, the Subway meal you had & some stuff at Red Lobster like the shrimp are the Best Of The Worst.

Give it another try, don't look at those people that are losing 30 pounds in 3 months - they're not you!

I never eat breakfast and snack before bed. I'm doing just fine as you can see by my ticker. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
  • highervibes
    Options
    Cry for help?

Do what you like.

I wonder what you have to say about the ice cream-covered cinnamon rolls I'll be having later tonight.

My dinner tonight surely wouldn't fly :laugh:
  • chickenlady100
    Options
    I feel for you. It is so discouraging after all that work and no results:( but you just haven't found your intake level that will enable you to lose weight . Stay at it because if you give up now you will probably put on even more Weight and be totally overwhelmed. Go back to basics and give yourself a small goal . Try to give yourself a task such as one pound in a week. Very do able , then 2 the next week. And give yourself a treat for reaching that goal such as a new nail varnish or bunch of flowers. Keep going :-)