Options

Replies

• RunThinLift2Tone
    Options
    bump
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't care if he directs us to an official government website that pictures an Elizabeth crossing the finish line at 2:10 carrying a sign reading "I'm Humblestunner's daughter" with an apology from David Cameron about the screw up on the race time.

His daughter has run at least one half marathon (according to him) and could have been running half marathons every year since she was 12, for all we know. Or she could be completely fictitious. There is no way we'll know for sure.

The program is still unfeasible for most runners and almost all new runners.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This has gotten... shameful. There's no reason to call out the OP like this.

So nobody is allowed to ask the OP an question then about something he wrote???? Since when did that ruling come in?

Wow there's a lesson to learn eh, take everything as gospel at face value, sod the fact it may be dangerous.

Ask him a question? Sure.

Launch what amounts to a witch hunt where you all but accuse him of being a dirty lying liar, lying about his own daughter? And do it with sweet-as-molasses language trying to make it sound like you're oh so nice and just curious, while we all know you're just trying your best to discredit him? No. No you're not allowed to do that.

Well, you are *allowed* to. But it's far, far beyond reasonable.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    peeps are you quite sure you're not now witvh hunting di? feels a teensy bit like the pack just turned.

maybe everyone needs to chill, eh?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    peeps are you quite sure you're not now witvh hunting di? feels a teensy bit like the pack just turned.

my thoughts exactly. Yes we get it you don't agree with the OPs training plan. But it's rather pathetic trying to find fault with everything he's posting and looking for conspiracies where there isn't one. I suggest people do acting like 5 year olds and grow up. If you don't agree fair enough but why Labour the point. I'm sure if we waded through anyone's posts we could find fault just grow up people
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Can we just put this thread out of its misery? It sucks on so many levels now.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yes, please.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly. Yes we get it you don't agree with the OPs training plan. But it's rather pathetic trying to find fault with everything he's posting and looking for conspiracies where there isn't one. I suggest people do acting like 5 year olds and grow up. If you don't agree fair enough but why Labour the point. I'm sure if we waded through anyone's posts we could find fault just grow up people

I don't think the post you quoted means what you think it does.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Would this not be the best time to mention i saw her jump on a bus after 5 miles?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Would this not be the best time to mention i saw her jump on a bus after 5 miles?

You saved the thread!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    So...

...what's new?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    So...

...what's new?

^this

Any updates?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    So...

...what's new?

^this

Any updates?

Ops last post was in October. So I'm going with no :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Died of a heart attack at mile 30?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    To be fair, if I'd been on the receiving end of this thread, I'd probably never come back either.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    To be fair, if I'd been on the receiving end of this thread, I'd probably never come back either.

Did you read the entire thread?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

I was in the entire thread.

It got disgusting around the time it stopped being a debate around safe training methods, and turned into accusations of OP lying about his daughter's times and outright demands of proof.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It got disgusting around the time it stopped being a debate around safe training methods, and turned into accusations of OP lying about his daughter's times and outright demands of proof.

Indeed. Play the ball not the player, and whilst one might think that the originator was full of *kitten* that doesn't really excuse the approach.

Even if he was genuine he demonstrated a pretty typical reaction to the responses from others.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

I was in the entire thread.

My apologies. I had conveniently forgotten about that part of the thread. I had said my piece about the program and moved on.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yeah, Let's just move on and forget this. Sorry about bringing it up. I just thought the programming was worth a mention.