Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat Boar's Head meats almost every day, see nothing wrong with them and I've been maintaining if not progressing in my fitness level for 9+ years now.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed meats because of the chemicals. There are healthy versions of all meat out there--what is wrong with choosing healthy instead of unhealthy?? It is one of the reasons why you are here.

Exactly! Just because you can eat something processed and still lose weight / hit your macros, why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist? Fresh natural / organic meat tastes, looks, and smells so much better than any of that processed crap!

Because not everyone can afford the money or time in regards to constantly getting/cooking fresh produce and such. Also, some people can't handle raw veggies.

I don't see what is wrong with deli meats or buying frozen...especially if it is what fits in with your time and budget.

I didn't say you should never have processed meat (the vege thing was actually a joke, lol). Obviously we are limited by our budgets and schedules, so if you can't afford it or don't have the time, you eat what you can. I just said if given the choice, I'd rather have something natural.

You asked
    why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist?

And I was just answering your question.

As for my last sentence, it was more said in general frustration by those that like to look down on said processed things (meat from the deli, frozen veggies, etc).

But to add on to that, what makes you think there are those that don't prefer the taste to frozen or processed over fresh? Some people actually do and my last sentence could also be attributed to a rebuttal to your statement:
    Fresh natural / organic meat tastes, looks, and smells so much better than any of that processed crap!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    4bed48de-1510-44c9-b34b-b19320b962a9_zpsfe4427e3.jpg

I don't know where this thread has gone but I do want to say: Spam Musubi is delicious. Spam haters are missing out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Meat is best slow roasted or poached (cooked in liquid) instead of grilling. Grilled meat is carcinogenic.

I don't get it. How is grilling meat more carcinogenic than slow roasting it in a gas oven?

I believe because the charred bits are carcinogenic. It was the only true part of what she posted.

Yeah, but those charred bits can happen either in an oven or a grill.

No doubt. But it has less of a chance of burning when slow roasting or cooking in a liquid.

I am not agreeing with her, just saying that what she said is factually correct.
    Slow roasting forms carcinogenic compounds too.

The safest cooking process is steaming, since your food cannot get above 212F, which drastically reduces the formation of carcinogens.

"Grilling" has been done/around longer than baking or steaming so I think it'll be just fine.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Meat is best slow roasted or poached (cooked in liquid) instead of grilling. Grilled meat is carcinogenic.

I don't get it. How is grilling meat more carcinogenic than slow roasting it in a gas oven?

I believe because the charred bits are carcinogenic. It was the only true part of what she posted.

No doubt. But it has less of a chance of burning when slow roasting or cooking in a liquid.

I am not agreeing with her, just saying that what she said is factually correct.

The safest cooking process is steaming, since your food cannot get above 212F, which drastically reduces the formation of carcinogens.

"Grilling" has been done/around longer than baking or steaming so I think it'll be just fine.
    Yes. The risk from eating grilled food is vastly overstated. I'm just stating that the person who thinks that roasting meets their definition of "safe" needs to re-think her position.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Yep, not giving up my barbecue for a steamer, yuck.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I will look into the part about slow roasting.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Reaction from the drippings and flare ups according to Harvard Medical

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/cancer-risk-from-bbq-meat

JUNE 2007

Ruining a piece of meat isn’t the only thing you need to worry about if you’re cooking at high temperatures. High heat can also produce chemicals with cancer-causing properties, reports the June 2007 issue of the Harvard Health Letter.

When meat is cooked at high temperatures, amino acids react with creatine to form heterocyclic amines, which are thought to cause cancer. That’s why cooking meat by grilling, frying, or broiling is the problem. Grilling is double trouble because it also exposes meat to cancer-causing chemicals contained in the smoke that rises from burning coals and any drips of fat that cause flare-ups. How long the meat is cooked is also a factor in heterocyclic amine formation; longer cooking time means more heterocyclic amines. Depending on the temperature at which it’s cooked, meat roasted or baked in the oven may contain some heterocyclic amines, but it’s likely to be considerably less than in grilled, fried, or broiled meat.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

What, you're going to roast some pork and stuff some of it into a GCMS?

Oh no wait, you're going to Google it.
  • wewon
    Options

Reaction from the drippings and flare ups according to Harvard Medical

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/cancer-risk-from-bbq-meat

JUNE 2007

Ruining a piece of meat isn’t the only thing you need to worry about if you’re cooking at high temperatures. High heat can also produce chemicals with cancer-causing properties, reports the June 2007 issue of the Harvard Health Letter.

When meat is cooked at high temperatures, amino acids react with creatine to form heterocyclic amines, which are thought to cause cancer. That’s why cooking meat by grilling, frying, or broiling is the problem. Grilling is double trouble because it also exposes meat to cancer-causing chemicals contained in the smoke that rises from burning coals and any drips of fat that cause flare-ups. How long the meat is cooked is also a factor in heterocyclic amine formation; longer cooking time means more heterocyclic amines. Depending on the temperature at which it’s cooked, meat roasted or baked in the oven may contain some heterocyclic amines, but it’s likely to be considerably less than in grilled, fried, or broiled meat.
  • whierd
    Options

What, you're going to roast some pork and stuff some of it into a GCMS?

Oh no wait, you're going to Google it.

Yes, that is exactly what I plan on doing. Problem?
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    <---- not every day but i do enjoy it from time to time! nom nom nom
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed meats because of the chemicals. There are healthy versions of all meat out there--what is wrong with choosing healthy instead of unhealthy?? It is one of the reasons why you are here.

You have no idea why I'm here, actually.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    All of the following is known or suspected to be a carcinogen:
    Known human carcinogens

International Agency for Research on Cancer
    Group 1: Carcinogenic to humans
    • Acetaldehyde (from consuming alcoholic beverages)
    • Acid mists, strong inorganic
    • Aflatoxins
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Aluminum production
    • 4-Aminobiphenyl
    • Areca nut
    • Aristolochic acid (and plants containing it)
    • Arsenic and inorganic arsenic compounds
    • Asbestos (all forms) and mineral substances (such as talc or vermiculite) that contain asbestos
    • Auramine production
    • Azathioprine
    • Benzene
    • Benzidine and dyes metabolized to benzidine
    • Benzo[a]pyrene
    • Beryllium and beryllium compounds
    • Betel quid, with or without tobacco
    • Bis(chloromethyl)ether and chloromethyl methyl ether (technical-grade)
    • Busulfan
    • 1,3-Butadiene
    • Cadmium and cadmium compounds
    • Chlorambucil
    • Chlornaphazine
    • Chromium (VI) compounds
    • Clonorchis sinensis (infection with)
    • Coal, indoor emissions from household combustion
    • Coal gasification
    • Coal-tar distillation
    • Coal-tar pitch
    • Coke production
    • Cyclophosphamide
    • Cyclosporine
    • Diethylstilbestrol
    • Engine exhaust, diesel
    • Epstein-Barr virus (infection with)
    • Erionite
    • Estrogen postmenopausal therapy
    • Estrogen-progestogen postmenopausal therapy (combined)
    • Estrogen-progestogen oral contraceptives (combined) (Note: There is also convincing evidence in humans that these agents confer a protective effect against cancer in the endometrium and ovary)
    • Ethanol in alcoholic beverages
    • Ethylene oxide
    • Etoposide
    • Etoposide in combination with cisplatin and bleomycin
    • Fission products, including strontium-90
    • Formaldehyde
    • Haematite mining (underground)
    • Helicobacter pylori (infection with)
    • Hepatitis B virus (chronic infection with)
    • Hepatitis C virus (chronic infection with)
    • Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) (infection with)
    • Human papilloma virus (HPV) types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59 (infection with) (Note: The HPV types that have been classified as carcinogenic to humans can differ by an order of magnitude in risk for cervical cancer)
    • Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-1) (infection with)
    • Ionizing radiation (all types)
    • Iron and steel founding (workplace exposure)
    • Isopropyl alcohol manufacture using strong acids
    • Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus (KSHV)/human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) (infection with)
    • Leather dust
    • Magenta production
    • Melphalan
    • Methoxsalen (8-methoxypsoralen) plus ultraviolet A radiation
    • 4,4'-Methylenebis(chloroaniline) (MOCA)
    • Mineral oils, untreated or mildly treated
    • MOPP and other combined chemotherapy including alkylating agents
    • 2-Naphthylamine
    • Neutron radiation
    • Nickel compounds
    • N'-Nitrosonornicotine (NNN) and 4-(N-Nitrosomethylamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK)
    • Opisthorchis viverrini (liver fluke; infection with)
    • Painter (workplace exposure as a)
    • 3,4,5,3',4'-Pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB-126)
    • 2,3,4,7,8-Pentachlorodibenzofuran
    • Phenacetin (and mixtures containing it)
    • Phosphorus-32, as phosphate
    • Plutonium
    • Radioiodines, including iodine-131
    • Radionuclides, alpha-particle-emitting, internally deposited (Note: Specific radionuclides for which there is sufficient evidence for carcinogenicity to humans are also listed individually as Group 1 agents)
    • Radionuclides, beta-particle-emitting, internally deposited (Note: Specific radionuclides for which there is sufficient evidence for carcinogenicity to humans are also listed individually as Group 1 agents)
    • Radium-224 and its decay products
    • Radium-226 and its decay products
    • Radium-228 and its decay products
    • Radon-222 and its decay products
    • Rubber manufacturing industry
    • Salted fish (Chinese-style)
    • Schistosoma haematobium (flatworm; infection with)
    • Semustine (methyl-CCNU)
    • Shale oils
    • Silica dust, crystalline, in the form of quartz or cristobalite
    • Solar radiation
    • Soot (as found in workplace exposure of chimney sweeps)
    • Sulfur mustard
    • Tamoxifen (Note: There is also conclusive evidence that tamoxifen reduces the risk of contralateral breast cancer in breast cancer patients and lowers the risk of breast cancer in women at increased risk)
    • 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-para-dioxin
    • Thiotepa
    • Thorium-232 and its decay products
    • Tobacco, smokeless
    • Tobacco smoke, secondhand
    • Tobacco smoking
    • ortho-Toluidine
    • Treosulfan
    • Ultraviolet (UV) radiation, including UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
    • Ultraviolet-emitting tanning devices
    • Vinyl chloride
    • Wood dust
    • X- and Gamma-radiation

National Toxicology Program 12th Report on Carcinogens
    "Known to be human carcinogens"
    • Aflatoxins
    • Alcoholic beverage consumption
    • 4-Aminobiphenyl
    • Analgesic mixtures containing phenacetin
    • Aristolochic acids
    • Arsenic compounds, inorganic
    • Asbestos
    • Azathioprine
    • Benzene
    • Benzidine
    • Beryllium and beryllium compounds
    • 1,3-Butadiene
    • 1,4-Butanediol dimethylsulfonate (busulfan, Myleran®)
    • Cadmium and cadmium compounds
    • Chlorambucil
    • 1-(2-Chloroethyl)-3-(4-methylcyclohexyl)-1-nitrosourea (MeCCNU)
    • bis(chloromethyl) ether and technical-grade chloromethyl methyl ether
    • Chromium hexavalent compounds
    • Coal tar pitches
    • Coal tars
    • Coke oven emissions
    • Cyclophosphamide
    • Cyclosporin A
    • Diethylstilbestrol (DES)
    • Dyes metabolized to benzidine
    • Environmental tobacco smoke
    • Erionite
    • Estrogens, steroidal
    • Ethylene oxide
    • Formaldehyde
    • Hepatitis B virus
    • Hepatitis C virus
    • Human papilloma viruses: some genital-mucosal types
    • Melphalan
    • Methoxsalen with ultraviolet A therapy (PUVA)
    • Mineral oils (untreated and mildly treated)
    • Mustard gas
    • 2-Naphthylamine
    • Neutrons
    • Nickel compounds
    • Oral tobacco products
    • Radon
    • Silica, crystalline (respirable size)
    • Solar radiation
    • Soots
    • Strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid
    • Sunlamps or sunbeds, exposure to
    • Tamoxifen
    • 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD); "dioxin"
    • Thiotepa
    • Thorium dioxide
    • Tobacco smoking
    • Vinyl chloride
    • Ultraviolet radiation, broad spectrum UV radiation
    • Wood dust
    • X-radiation and gamma radiation

Probable carcinogens

International Agency for Research on Cancer
    Group 2A: Probably carcinogenic to humans
    • Acrylamide
    • Adriamycin (doxorubicin)
    • Androgenic (anabolic) steroids
    • Art glass, glass containers, and press ware (manufacture of)
    • Azacitidine
    • Biomass fuel (primarily wood), emissions from household combustion
    • Bischloroethyl nitrosourea (BCNU)
    • Captafol
    • Carbon electrode manufacture
    • Chloramphenicol
    • alpha-Chlorinated toluenes (benzal chloride, benzotrichloride, benzyl chloride) and benzoyl chloride (combined exposures)
    • 1-(2-Chloroethyl)-3-cyclohexyl-1-nitrosourea (CCNU)
    • 4-Chloro-ortho-toluidine
    • Chlorozotocin
    • Cisplatin
    • Cobalt metal with tungsten carbide
    • Creosotes
    • Cyclopenta[cd]pyrene
    • Dibenz[a,h]anthracene
    • Dibenzo[a,l]pyrene
    • Diethyl sulfate
    • Dimethylcarbamoyl chloride
    • 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine
    • Dimethyl sulfate
    • Epichlorohydrin
    • Ethyl carbamate (urethane)
    • Ethylene dibromide
    • N-Ethyl-N-nitrosourea
    • Frying, emissions from high-temperature
    • Glycidol
    • Hairdresser or barber (workplace exposure as)
    • Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 68 (infection with)
    • Indium phosphide
    • IQ (2-Amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline)
    • Lead compounds, inorganic
    • Mate, hot
    • 5-Methoxypsoralen
    • Methyl methanesulfonate
    • N-Methyl-N´-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG)
    • N-Methyl-N-nitrosourea
    • Nitrate or nitrite (ingested) under conditions that result in endogenous nitrosation
    • Nitrogen mustard
    • N-Nitrosodiethylamine
    • N-Nitrosodimethylamine
    • 2-Nitrotoluene
    • Non-arsenical insecticides (workplace exposures in spraying and application of)
    • Petroleum refining (workplace exposures in)
    • Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
    • Procarbazine hydrochloride
    • Shiftwork that involves circadian disruption
    • Styrene-7,8-oxide
    • Teniposide
    • Tetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene)
    • Trichloroethylene
    • 1,2,3-Trichloropropane
    • Tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) phosphate
    • Vinyl bromide (Note: For practical purposes, vinyl bromide should be considered to act similarly to the human carcinogen vinyl chloride.)
    • Vinyl fluoride (Note: For practical purposes, vinyl fluoride should be considered to act similarly to the human carcinogen vinyl chloride.)

National Toxicology Program 12th Report on Carcinogens
    "Reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens"
    • Acetaldehyde
    • 2-Acetylaminofluorene
    • Acrylamide
    • Acrylonitrile
    • Adriamycin® (doxorubicin hydrochloride)
    • 2-Aminoanthraquinone
    • o-Aminoazotoluene
    • 1-Amino-2,4-dibromoanthraquinone
    • 1-Amino-2-methylanthraquinone
    • 2-Amino-3,4-dimethylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline (MeIQ)
    • 2-Amino-3,8-dimethylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoxaline (MeIQx)
    • 2-Amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline (IQ)
    • 2-Amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP)
    • Amitrole
    • o-Anisidine hydrochloride
    • Azacitidine (5-Azacytidine®, 5-AzaC)
    • Benz[a]anthracene
    • Benzofluoranthene
    • Benzo[j]fluoranthene
    • Benzo[k]fluoranthene
    • Benzo[a]pyrene
    • Benzotrichloride
    • Bromodichloromethane
    • 2, 2-bis-(bromoethyl)-1,3-propanediol (technical grade)
    • Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
    • Captafol
    • Carbon tetrachloride
    • Ceramic fibers (respirable size)
    • Chloramphenicol
    • Chlorendic acid
    • Chlorinated paraffins (C12, 60% chlorine)
    • 1-(2-chloroethyl)-3-cyclohexyl-1-nitrosourea
    • Bis(chloroethyl) nitrosourea
    • Chloroform
    • 3-Chloro-2-methylpropene
    • 4-Chloro-o-phenylenediamine
    • Chloroprene
    • p-Chloro-o-toluidine and p-chloro-o-toluidine hydrochloride
    • Chlorozotocin
    • C.I. basic red 9 monohydrochloride
    • Cisplatin
    • Cobalt sulfate
    • Cobalt-tungsten carbide: powders and hard metals
    • p-Cresidine
    • Cupferron
    • Dacarbazine
    • Danthron (1,8-dihydroxyanthraquinone)
    • 2,4-Diaminoanisole sulfate
    • 2,4-Diaminotoluene
    • Diazoaminobenzene
    • Dibenz[a,h]acridine
    • Dibenz[a,j]acridine
    • Dibenz[a,h]anthracene
    • 7H-Dibenzo[c,g]carbazole
    • Dibenzo[a,e]pyrene
    • Dibenzo[a,h]pyrene
    • Dibenzo[a,i]pyrene
    • Dibenzo[a,l]pyrene
    • 1,2-Dibromo-3-chloropropane
    • 1,2-Dibromoethane (ethylene dibromide)
    • 2,3-Dibromo-1-propanol
    • Tris (2,3-dibromopropyl) phosphate
    • 1,4-Dichlorobenzene
    • 3,3'-Dichlorobenzidine and 3,3'-dichlorobenzidine dihydrochloride
    • Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT)
    • 1,2-Dichloroethane (ethylene dichloride)
    • Dichloromethane (methylene chloride)
    • 1,3-Dichloropropene (technical grade)
    • Diepoxybutane
    • Diesel exhaust particulates
    • Diethyl sulfate
    • Diglycidyl resorcinol ether
    • 3,3'-Dimethoxybenzidine
    • 4-Dimethylaminoazobenzene
    • 3,3'-Dimethylbenzidine
    • Dimethylcarbamoyl chloride
    • 1,1-Dimethylhydrazine
    • Dimethyl sulfate
    • Dimethylvinyl chloride
    • 1,6-Dinitropyrene
    • 1,8-Dinitropyrene
    • 1,4-Dioxane
    • Disperse blue 1
    • Dyes metabolized to 3,3'-dimethoxybenzidine
    • Dyes metabolized to 3,3'-dimethylbenzidine
    • Epichlorohydrin
    • Ethylene thiourea
    • Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate
    • Ethyl methanesulfonate
    • Furan
    • Glass wool fibers (inhalable)
    • Glycidol
    • Hexachlorobenzene
    • Hexachlorocyclohexane isomers
    • Hexachloroethane
    • Hexamethylphosphoramide
    • Hydrazine and hydrazine sulfate
    • Hydrazobenzene
    • Indeno[1,2,3-cd]pyrene
    • Iron dextran complex
    • Isoprene
    • Kepone® (chlordecone)
    • Lead and lead compounds
    • Lindane and other hexachlorocyclohexane isomers
    • 2-Methylaziridine (propylenimine)
    • 5-Methylchrysene
    • 4,4'-Methylenebis(2-chloroaniline)
    • 4-4'-Methylenebis(N,N-dimethyl)benzenamine
    • 4,4'-Methylenedianiline and its dihydrochloride salt
    • Methyleugenol
    • Methyl methanesulfonate
    • N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine
    • Metronidazole
    • Michler's ketone [4,4'-(dimethylamino) benzophenone]
    • Mirex
    • Naphthalene
    • Nickel (metallic)
    • Nitrilotriacetic acid
    • o-Nitroanisole
    • Nitrobenzene
    • 6-Nitrochrysene
    • Nitrofen (2,4-dichlorophenyl-p-nitrophenyl ether)
    • Nitrogen mustard hydrochloride
    • Nitromethane
    • 2-Nitropropane
    • 1-Nitropyrene
    • 4-Nitropyrene
    • N-nitrosodi-n-butylamine
    • N-nitrosodiethanolamine
    • N-nitrosodiethylamine
    • N-nitrosodimethylamine
    • N-nitrosodi-n-propylamine
    • N-nitroso-N-ethylurea
    • 4-(N-nitrosomethylamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone
    • N-nitroso-N-methylurea
    • N-nitrosomethylvinylamine
    • N-nitrosomorpholine
    • N-nitrosonornicotine
    • N-nitrosopiperidine
    • N-nitrosopyrrolidine
    • N-nitrososarcosine
    • o-Nitrotoluene
    • Norethisterone
    • Ochratoxin A
    • 4,4'-Oxydianiline
    • Oxymetholone
    • Phenacetin
    • Phenazopyridine hydrochloride
    • Phenolphthalein
    • Phenoxybenzamine hydrochloride
    • Phenytoin
    • Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs)
    • Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
    • Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
    • Procarbazine hydrochloride
    • Progesterone
    • 1,3-Propane sultone
    • beta-Propiolactone
    • Propylene oxide
    • Propylthiouracil
    • Reserpine
    • Riddelliine
    • Safrole
    • Selenium sulfide
    • Streptozotocin
    • Styrene
    • Styrene-7,8-oxide
    • Sulfallate
    • Tetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene)
    • Tetrafluoroethylene
    • Tetranitromethane
    • Thioacetamide
    • 4,4'-Thiodianaline
    • Thiourea
    • Toluene diisocyanate
    • o-Toluidine and o-toluidine hydrochloride
    • Toxaphene
    • Trichloroethylene
    • 2,4,6-Trichlorophenol
    • 1,2,3-Trichloropropane
    • Ultraviolet A radiation
    • Ultraviolet B radiation
    • Ultraviolet C radiation
    • Urethane
    • Vinyl bromide
    • 4-Vinyl-1-cyclohexene diepoxide
    • Vinyl fluoride

I guarantee I have had exposure to more than one or 50 of these things at some point in my life... I've never had cancer.

Exposure to a carcinogen does not mean you will get cancer. There are lots of factors that impact the likelihood of developing cancer and exposure to a carcinogen is only one of them.
  • wewon
    Options
    All of the following is known or suspected to be a carcinogen:

I guarantee I have had exposure to more than one or 50 of these things at some point in my life... I've never had cancer.

Exposure to a carcinogen does not mean you will get cancer.

I think that its fair to say that a matter of degree should be taken into account.

Most wouldn't say that 'beer' belongs in the same category as 'asbestos'.
  • rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks

I tried eating unprocessed, but I lost too much weight trying to catch it and keep it between the slices of bread. When I can catch it seems like half the time unprocessed meat eats the bread before I can! Now I generally try to have the meat slaughtered and butchered before I try to make a sandwich with it.

BTW: Unprocessed grains are *way* easier to eat than unprocessed meat. Probably why the grain people can gain more weight, and do so well surviving the winters.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, so i can lose weight eating whatever I want - knew that! Moderation and within calorie goal is the key. BUT shouldn't there be some restictions when trying to lose body fat % and increase LBM??? heavy lifting.....big heavy ol' weights....should be fueling with good wholesome foods right? Maybe no alcohol? Low on the sugar and this includes fruite especially one high on the glycemic index.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    My brain hurts.
  • whierd
    Options
    Hmmmm, so i can lose weight eating whatever I want - knew that! Moderation and within calorie goal is the key. BUT shouldn't there be some restictions when trying to lose body fat % and increase LBM??? heavy lifting.....big heavy ol' weights....should be fueling with good wholesome foods right? Maybe no alcohol? Low on the sugar and this includes fruite especially one high on the glycemic index.

To maximize your LBM retention/gains, you should make sure that you are eating adequate proteins and fats. That is about it.