Who Eats Processed And Still Gets Good Results

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed meats because of the chemicals. There are healthy versions of all meat out there--what is wrong with choosing healthy instead of unhealthy?? It is one of the reasons why you are here.

Exactly! Just because you can eat something processed and still lose weight / hit your macros, why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist? Fresh natural / organic meat tastes, looks, and smells so much better than any of that processed crap!
    Again,
    d74e2.jpg

And....

0431.jpg
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You asked
    why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist?

And I was just answering your question.

As for my last sentence, it was more said in general frustration by those that like to look down on said processed things (meat from the deli, frozen veggies, etc).

But to add on to that, what makes you think there are those that don't prefer the taste to frozen or processed over fresh? Some people actually do and my last sentence could also be attributed to a rebuttal to your statement:

I did ask a question – why do you actually want to when better alternatives exist?. If you can’t afford it or don’t have the time, that doesn't mean that you don’t WANT to eat it, it means that in your situation, it means that no better alternatives exist, right?

I don't consider it "looking down" on others to ask these questions. A lot of the time (25-30%), I fail to live up to my own dietary standards - work and family situations dictate that I eat things that are convenient at the moment.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is exactly what I plan on doing. Problem?
    Because it's the world's greatest confirmation bias machine.

It doesn't provide truth. Only information.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Since I opened this thread, all I can think of is this:

Cat-chasing-laser-light.gif

I don't know why; it just is.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Google is a searching tool. With it, I can search for peer reviewed studies regarding cooking methods and carcinogen levels.
  • ksuh999
    Options

Google is a searching tool. With it, I can search for peer reviewed studies regarding cooking methods and carcinogen levels.
    I still say you should cook some pork and use a GCMS. It's way more fun.
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks

I eat tones of "processed" food (well I do not really consider it processed - if you take tomatoes and make tomato soup does it mean you eat processed (as in unhealthy) meal?):
    ham, sausage, bread, butter, cheese, cottage cheese, oatmeal... the list goes on.
    I don't see a problem here as long as you do not live entirely on soda and potato chips you should be fine.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You are actually doing your own research???

BLASPHEMY! :laugh::flowerforyou:
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop analyzing everything and just log and give one thing a go for amonth. Seriously . I used to worry about little things but it just makes it more complicated
  • ksuh999
    Options

And all the posters on here that spew derp about "clean eating", "paleo", "low carb", "processed" also did "research".
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

and the carcinogen levels in charred meat cooked on an open fire obviously wasn't detrimental enough to our middle palaeolithic ancestor populations to offset the gain in brain size that occurred as a result of cooking meat on an open fire instead of eating it raw, which increased the bioavailability of nutrients in meat. We evolved to eat charred meat cooked on fires, we owe our brain size to it. Barbequed meat probably tastes so good because we're descended from the human populations who liked the taste of fire cooked meat and thus got more nutrition and thus evolved bigger brains. So I'm going to eat my barbequed and grilled meat, especially the charred bits. :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

And all the posters on here that spew derp about "clean eating", "paleo", "low carb", "processed" also did "research".

I would find it extremely bizarre if palaeo dieters are telling people not to eat grilled meat because of the charred bits. You honestly can't get more paleo than meat cooked on an open fire.....
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I don't lift heavy, but I have lost over 100 pounds by eating processed foods. I don't eat deli meat very often, but I eat ice cream, cookies, frozen meals, etc.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Any people out there who still eat processed sandwich meat and yet STILL enjoy the benefits of lifting heavy and seeing amazing results? Just curious. Thanks

I tried eating unprocessed, but I lost too much weight trying to catch it and keep it between the slices of bread. When I can catch it seems like half the time unprocessed meat eats the bread before I can! Now I generally try to have the meat slaughtered and butchered before I try to make a sandwich with it.

BTW: Unprocessed grains are *way* easier to eat than unprocessed meat. Probably why the grain people can gain more weight, and do so well surviving the winters.
    funny-pictures-running-chicken_zps921b732a.jpg
  • ksuh999
    Options
    I would find it extremely bizarre if palaeo dieters are telling people not to eat grilled meat because of the charred bits. You honestly can't get more paleo than meat cooked on an open fire.....
    You're missing the point...
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I tried eating unprocessed, but I lost too much weight trying to catch it and keep it between the slices of bread. When I can catch it seems like half the time unprocessed meat eats the bread before I can! Now I generally try to have the meat slaughtered and butchered before I try to make a sandwich with it.

BTW: Unprocessed grains are *way* easier to eat than unprocessed meat. Probably why the grain people can gain more weight, and do so well surviving the winters.
    funny-pictures-running-chicken_zps921b732a.jpg

Robert-Downey-Jr-laughing.gif
  • ksuh999
    Options

and the carcinogen levels in charred meat cooked on an open fire obviously wasn't detrimental enough to our middle palaeolithic ancestor populations to offset the gain in brain size that occurred as a result of cooking meat on an open fire instead of eating it raw, which increased the bioavailability of nutrients in meat. We evolved to eat charred meat cooked on fires, we owe our brain size to it. Barbequed meat probably tastes so good because we're descended from the human populations who liked the taste of fire cooked meat and thus got more nutrition and thus evolved bigger brains. So I'm going to eat my barbequed and grilled meat, especially the charred bits. :drinker:
    Carcinogens prevent brains from getting big?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    You're missing the point...

tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • whierd
    Options

They usually just stumble across opinion articles or blogs. I have seen people post links to studies that supposedly back up their claim that actually refute it or have nothing to do with what their point was.
  • whierd
    Options

I still say you should cook some pork and use a GCMS. It's way more fun.

The moment they start selling them at Walmart I will pick one up. :)