Replies

• JeanSoCal
    JeanSoCal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    x
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was a fat kid since I was 9, at least. It didn't work out much and had a bad diet.

I lost a good amount of weight in my last year of high school. The summer before college I went as low as 192 lbs.

But in my 4 years of college I gained 91 lbs. I drank a lot and ate a lot of junk food. Plus, I didn't work out as much.

Thankfully, I am doing much better now. :)
  • charlenelockhart7509
    Options
    I got comfy with my now ex husband and had a baby. I have lost and gained numerous times so now just hoping i can find the motivation to loose and maintain, I have lost 33lbs since january and 6 since starting my fitness pal x
  • Azarashi1
    Options
    I have always been fat. All my life! I was always taught (as many black kids are) to eat everything on your plate. So I have no problem with snacking, thats not my issue. My issue is just plain good ole food! I have come to realize that everything I do revolve around food. I'm not having a BLAST unless I am eating and drinking! Normal people go hiking, swimming, biking or dancing for fun. I ate for fun. I'm slowly beginning to turn my life around because I can now admit that I have never been addicted to anything...but FOOD! Yes it is an addiction!

I totally agree. The problem for me is that I really LIKE food, especially sweet stuff. It seems like everything is better and more pleasant if food is involved. Plus, it seems like food is such a big part of socializing that it's very hard to be around people and eat healthily. BUT, it's not impossible! I'm convinced that it's just a matter of self discipline and I can learn to do it!

About the addiction thing: this is the reason why I want to try to avoid eating certain foods (like chocolate and cookies, for example), at least at the beginning of my diet. I feel like I am addicted to them, and I think that if i started having just 1 oreo I would end up scarfing the whole box. So my plan is to get rid of the addiction (cold turkey) and the reintroduce triggering foods gradually as an occasional treat...
This discussion has been closed.