Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Senior Golden Sneakers - August 2010

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    aahey Birdie it is not me with knee problems . my prolems is my rear end. HA HA

Well.....I guess I'm the BUTT of THAT joke!!!:laugh:
    Hope, whatever it is...that is feeling badly....gets better!!!
    BirdieM:heart:

Birdie, I think my jokes are beginning to rub off on you!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    You 'all are funny
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone! We had a wonderful trip with lots of laughs. So glad to have a great visit with my Uncle and Aunt. We hope to do it again sometime. We actually enjoyed the train ride except that it was so late. We got back at 3 am which made for a tired day today. I shall be heading to bed soon. Just wanted to let you know I was home. I have lots of reading to do to catch up with you all.
    Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    :bigsmile: :drinker: Hello from Los Angeles :bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    Welcome home, Gayla!!
    Hello Jake!!
    Greetings Marie!!
    Happy weekend to everyone!!

Barb
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Hello everyone!

Just a quick note to welcome Gayla back Yeah! Yeah!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    So good to have you back.

Well most of Saturday I clean and did so garden work. After cleaning up went to dinner at Chevy's (tex-Mexican) was very good and I was good. Then we went to a new Grodery Store that open this past week is Fresh Market, WOOHOO!!! what a great place, I was so glad we had dinner before we went. Go a lb of Spice Pumpkin Coffee, I was able to taste before purchasing it. Yum Yum:love::love: The olive oil aisle was fantastic so many to choose from. The breads were out of this world. Hard crust bread my favorite of any kinds, only got one Rosemary Garlic. Well Mike told me, maybe the movie was cheapear then getting all the things we purchased, I loved purchasing different things for cooking.

Have a great evening, what ever you do have fun.

Gigi
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Hi all,
    Sandy, love the new floor. Your basement looks so inviting and cozy....enjoy ! It is really hard to believe what is going on with Phil. Somebody is watching over him!

Marie, glad you are doing well or should I say better?

We are in the midst of changing from cox cable to the DISH, witch means new internet and phone service too. Tomorrow we are getting a new big screen t.v. and I am so excited as I have low vision. At the same time we have the sewing area in a mess as we are working on a quilt for my grandson. I was a year on the 10th since we started quilting and we have made 17 and at least 7 have been queen or king size....hmm, that's where all my money went! ha

Irene, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, hope you are doing okay!

Well, girls and boys, hope you all have a good weekend and those of you who are coming, welcome back and those who are going, have a great time!

A special greeting to all of those sweet little cats and dogs!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
  • gigi46
    Hello everyone,

Just a note, to keep in touch with everyone, I got my husband a new Blu-ray Disc Player, he is connecting it to our TV. Well hope it works.:heart::heart: :heart: I just help him to get theTV back on the wall I hope it works.

Had a great Sunday visited friends and did a little shopping for my grandaughter, girls are more fun then boys I have both:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: one of my firends got a new corner top in granite and back backsplash, WOOHOO!! I did have the heart to say what I was thinking, color doesn't match. I feel bad she isn't good with color and she always needs help when it comes to decorating and this time she did it on her on, well she didn't asked for help and for sure need it. I was good made her feel good. that is what a good friend does.:smile::smile: :smile:

My other visit was great I purchased some Pumpkin Coffee for her I know she'll love it. She is also getting ready for remodeling her kitchen. Her grandkids were then swiming and having fun, talked and had a great time.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • gigi46
    Hello everyone,

Just a note, to keep in touch with everyone, I got my husband a new Blu-ray Disc Player, he is connecting it to our TV. Well hope it works.:heart::heart: :heart: I just help him to get theTV back on the wall I hope it works.

Had a great Sunday visited friends and did a little shopping for my grandaughter, girls are more fun then boys I have both:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: one of my firends got a new corner top in granite and back backsplash, WOOHOO!! I did have the heart to say what I was thinking, color doesn't match. I feel bad she isn't good with color and she always needs help when it comes to decorating and this time she did it on her on, well she didn't asked for help and for sure need it. I was good made her feel good. that is what a good friend does.:smile::smile: :smile:

My other visit was great I purchased some Pumpkin Coffee for her I know she'll love it. She is also getting ready for remodeling her kitchen. Her grandkids were then swiming and having fun, talked and had a great time.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • gigi46
    Hello everyone,

My other visit was great I purchased some Pumpkin Coffee for her I know she'll love it. She is also getting ready for remodeling her kitchen. Her grandkids were there swiming and having fun, we talked and had a great time.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Now is time to get dinner, hope everyone had a great Sunday.

Have fun what ever you do.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Gigi
  • gigi46
    Hello

Well I did again, Sorry:blushing::blushing: :blushing:
    Maybe my fingers are going too fast. Or I am in a hurry all the time.

Take have fun if you can.

Gigi
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Hello every one! I am just marking my spot and getting ready to run. I have a few things to do and then get to bed asap. Hope all is well with everyone. Luv to all.

Marilyn
  • CALIECAT
    Grat Sunday around here, I just woke up from a nap and I thought it wa a new day. OOps got to ge up and get ready for an doctor appt. this afernoon. Then it down on me it is still Sunday. Oh well !!!!!!!!!!Have a good day all of you. Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    we had a beautiful drive today up the Pacific Coast with occasional views of the ocean near Ventura and Santa Barbara.......we are settled for two days in a motel with internet access in the room and a great fitness center with TV to watch while walking on the treadmill and riding the exercise bike.

:flowerforyou: I have successfully not logged food or exercise for several days but I have stayed careful.....we've eaten some good restaurant meals at Subway, Outback, Souplantation, and Red Lobster.....I'll be at Outback again tomorrow for my friend's birthday.

:flowerforyou: Jake does all the driving.....I offer to drive but he likes driving so I don't argue and just enjoy the scenery and take short naps.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sandy, what an amazing story about Phil.....is he a cat with nine lives?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Marie, I hope the insurance company will OK your chair so you'll have some additional safe mobility

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Gayla, glad your trip went well

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Gigi, it sounds like you've got some great travel plans.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barb, poor Mai Li.....I hope she feels better soon.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Marilyn, I hope you're finding plenty of time to hang out with your pets.

Gotta share the computer with Jake, so my time is up:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Barbiecat. Sound likw you are having s swell time.

I had a lovely day with Alice. Went out to eat and bought me a donut to sit on. It has ease the pain a lot. Will be going to the doctor tomorrow to see how my MRI turned out.

Gayla hae not heard any westher report from you yet? Its sstill really warm here. we had a few pleasant days but the temp/ is climbing back up. Soon it will be fall We still need rain.
    Sandy. Phill is one lucky guy

Gigi and Marilyn you both are doing so great. Been enjoy reading your post.

Barbs, Did you hsve a lovely day.

Jeffrey Are you guys on your cruisse yet?

Beth I don't think it is fair you having to go back over there Send Obama in your place.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    A quick good night to you all. I am just heading off to bed after taking some Tylenol. I think I must have watched too much tv today. I know it wasn't the computer that has caused my headache as I have hardley been on today.

I did want to check though and see how Marie's bottom is? Sounds awfully personal!!

Sandy -- Your tiles look very similar to the ones that Dave will be putting in (soon I hope). They are stacked in our garage for now. Your basement looks very nice.

Happy holidays to all that are on holidays and to the rest I hope you had a nice weekend. Also hoping Day is feeling better, Jeffrey.

Wow, what a scattered post. I better get to bed while I can still climb the stairs. I will try for a better post tomorrow.
    Keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    :sad: :sad: :sad: It still hurt Gayla. bought me a big sq. donut sushion yesterday. It helps somewhat. I m on my way to the doctor this afternoon and see what he has found out. Will check back in when I get back.Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    :flowerforyou: Jake has gone to play golf with a long time friend.....i just came back from an hour long walk.....in a few minutes my friend will pick me up for a girls' afternoon.

We're only on the second floor so taking the steps instead of the elevator is a great idea for a little extra exercise....I'm having Isagenix shakes and apples for my food during the day so i can enjoy dinner at the Outback this evening.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Marie, is this from your fall earlier? also, the post on facebook about a carb challenge, is that here or somewhere else.. send me a link so I can sign up for it.. I need to get started again.. now that fresh corn is not so good..LOL.. I was craving it!!

Hi everyone else, hope you are well.. take care, off to the doc for an ultrasound of my thyroid..
  • weaklink109
    Hi Phoebe,

Good to hear from you. Here is a link to the low carber thread that I think you are looking for:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111425-group-llc-livin-low-carb-august-2010

Barb