How to avoid MFP Bullies

Options
1. Do your own research instead of asking a forum. Yep, you may have to think for yourselves...Scary, I know.
2. If you get advise, don't respond with anything starting with "Yeah, but.." If you don't agree with advise given... repeat step one.
3. Remember that often in life , a stupid question will receive a stupid answer.
4. Remember that people you may not like, or who have contradicting opinions also have computers.
5. If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon.

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    wow thank you so much for posting this thread. I think the forums as a whole really needed this. this is the first time I've seen anything like this around here! great work! :flowerforyou:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    1. Do your own research instead of asking a forum. Yep, you may have to think for yourselves...Scary, I know.
    2. If you get advise, don't respond with anything starting with "Yeah, but.." If you don't agree with advise given... repeat step one.
    3. Remember that often in life , a stupid question will receive a stupid answer.
    4. Remember that people you may not like, or who have contradicting opinions also have computers.

Thank you very much. Now you are asking them to do too much - why do research when it is so much easier to ask a question, then get upset when the answer is not to their liking - hence more chance to whine.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    And use the search button in the forums to find the same question you asked has been asked 9,999 times before.

Most definitely - how much water should I be drinking; why is the water counter in cups; can I count diet soda as water; should I be eating less than 1200 calories and the list goes on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    6) Don't call other members "trolls" simply because they answer your question with facts rather than fantasy.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    tumblr_milc8aZulw1rm49iao1_250.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    6) Don't call other members "trolls" simply because they answer your question with facts rather than fantasy.

I was called a troll twice this weekend. It was flattering.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

This also applied to calling people bullies and meanies.

Everyone here should be over 18 - life isn't always unicorns and glitter - get over it.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    7] Don't report people because their sense of humor is different than yours.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    How do I find bullies?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How do I find bullies?

Good question. I have never seen a bully on this site. They must be pretty easy to avoid, because I have been here forever. I was actually born in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Troll.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

I was called a troll twice this weekend. It was flattering.

Only twice? You're slacking! :laugh:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    6. Deactivate. Buh-bye.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    What if we give the dragon sexual favours?

What's this "we" *kitten*?

I love you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Troll.
    :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Kill em with humor and intelligence
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    FYI stating #3, even though it is true, is considered a personal attack by the moderators.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    How do I find bullies?

You rang? :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_msx7hb0uPq1qz4rgp_zps99dfa5d8.gif.html

tumblr_inline_msx7hb0uPq1qz4rgp_zps99dfa5d8.gif

fixed it - I hope
This discussion has been closed.