How to avoid MFP Bullies

Options

Replies

• nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1. Do your own research instead of asking a forum. Yep, you may have to think for yourselves...Scary, I know.
    2. If you get advise, don't respond with anything starting with "Yeah, but.." If you don't agree with advise given... repeat step one.
    3. Remember that often in life , a stupid question will receive a stupid answer.
    4. Remember that people you may not like, or who have contradicting opinions also have computers.
    5. If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon.

This applies to the Real World too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    6) Don't call other members "trolls" simply because they answer your question with facts rather than fantasy.

I was called a troll twice this weekend. It was flattering.

you should stop living under bridges
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    6) Don't call other members "trolls" simply because they answer your question with facts rather than fantasy.

OMG, THIS!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    1. Do your own research instead of asking a forum. Yep, you may have to think for yourselves...Scary, I know.
    2. If you get advise, don't respond with anything starting with "Yeah, but.." If you don't agree with advise given... repeat step one.
    3. Remember that often in life , a stupid question will receive a stupid answer.
    4. Remember that people you may not like, or who have contradicting opinions also have computers.

1)YES to doing your own research first, but newbies haven't caught on and deserve to be gently led in that direction..
    2) HALF YES- repeat a search, but discussion boards are to prompt discussion
    3) NO NO NO NO NO. if you don't have anything nice to say you don't have to reply at all. NO NO NO. YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO KEEP YOUR SNARKY YAP SHUT! In LIFE, as in face to face, you wouldn't behave rudely toward strangers.

NEVER FORGET if you click the little down arrow under someone you can ignore any user you want.. USE THIS BUTTON!.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    TL:DR

Only one fool proof way to avoid the bullies

computer%20throwing%20window%20out%20stupid%20monitor.jpg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    7. During yard time, go up to the biggest one and take him down.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    The only stupid question is the question not asked...

Awe huh huh...woah I'll let you all have this zen moment.

Give your brains time to process
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people." Lol I cannot remember what movie that is from.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Opened this thinking #1 and there it is! Faith has been restored.:flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

you should stop living under bridges

My living conditions are none of your business
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

1)YES to doing your own research first, but newbies haven't caught on and deserve to be gently led in that direction..
    3) NO NO NO NO NO. if you don't have anything nice to say you don't have to reply at all. NO NO NO. YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO KEEP YOUR SNARKY YAP SHUT! In LIFE, as in face to face, you wouldn't behave rudely toward strangers.

NEVER FORGET if you click the little down arrow under someone you can ignore any user you want.. USE THIS BUTTON!.

Huh?

I'm more sarcastic and snarky IRL than I am online (because I can better judge the reaction and adjust accordingly).

And I'm not a talking rabbit, so your #3 rule for life doesn't apply to me. I suppose you can live by it if you want though...

...I don't mind.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The only stupid question is the question not asked...

Awe huh huh...woah I'll let you all have this zen moment.

Give your brains time to process
    It is not stupid to ask a question. It is stupid to argue a point you have not researched.

By all means ask, but #2
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Troll.

LOL...:drinker:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

actually, MFP suggest asking a question even if it's been answered before to encourage new ideas.

and many times, the question may have been asked and no answer has become apparent.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Only twice? You're slacking! :laugh:

Yeah, what's up...you de-loading and taking a rest week or what?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    1. Find big girl panties (or big boy underoos)
    2. Put them on before logging on
    3. Remember... A sense of humor is the best lube
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Uhhh...
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

Huh?

I'm more sarcastic and snarky IRL than I am online (because I can better judge the reaction and adjust accordingly).

And I'm not a talking rabbit, so your #3 rule for life doesn't apply to me. I suppose you can live by it if you want though...

...I don't mind.
    I SHALL NOW TAKE MY OWN ADVICE AND EMPLOY THE UN-NUMBERED NUMBER FOUR. CIAO BELLO
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness (ahem) I am fascinated that so many people will bypass scientific, government and educational websites and ask a random person for advice. I can only guess that they are looking for human interaction rather than just knowledge. Yeah, I know it's obvious. It's not surprising, just interesting.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

actually, MFP suggest asking a question even if it's been answered before to encourage page hits for ad revenue.

and many times, the question may have been asked and no answer has become apparent nor will it be on the nth asking of it either though.

FIFY.
This discussion has been closed.