Need help with bagels..

Options

Replies

• drablove
    drablove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Idk if someone said this already, but smash a banana on top as a spread. I was taught that for my daughter & she loves it =) Good Luck!!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So guys I am not in such a good place right now and hating the bagels. No appetite for them at all so need help deciding for tonight whether white, oata and honey, or cinn raisin and which topping. Or do i just throw in bag and grab random one. Lately been doing wheat with jelly.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! Just put your hand in and grab one. I had a Thomas' pumpkin bagel this morning. Sooooo good! But I had it with cream cheese, and I guess you're still not eating that.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    1) I vote for random bagel too.

2) Figure out which bagels you like best and buy more of those bagels (and fewer of the bagels you don't like or don't like as much). If my assigned eating was bagels, I'd be crushing asiago cheese bagels first, and then cinnamon bagels for desert.
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Jam, or honey maybe?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

2) Figure out which bagels you like best and buy more of those bagels (and fewer of the bagels you don't like or don't like as much). If my assigned eating was bagels, I'd be crushing asiago cheese bagels first, and then cinnamon bagels for desert.

This is completely unhelpful Josh. Is it cinnamon or cinnamon raisin? Honestly there's a huge vast gulf of difference.

Also, cinnamon raisin bagels, toasted with butter melted into . . . ohh gotta go, hungry!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Well I am stuck with the free bagels from dining hall since I paid for meal plan. BUT did HUGE fear one and did cinnamon raisin with PB2!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good job, hope u enjoyed it at least a little :P
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Labneh AKA "yogurt cheese" is quite good. Drain cheap plain yogurt to get Greek yogurt and then go a step further by wringing it out in a cloth. You can do this with regular or low-fat yogurt. The traditional way is with regular yogurt.

You can put just about anything on a bagel you can put on bread.

I put instructions with pictures of how to drain yogurt here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/snack/other-snack/greek-yogurt-bargain.html
  • Beanessa
    Beanessa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tomato, green and/or red peppers, any other veggie topping you want, and a sprinkle of basil or oregano. Bake for about ten minutes and you have a cheese-less bagel pizza. That's assuming you can't eat dairy. If you can, add the cheese :)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like eating bagels with sweet chilli soft cheese and smoked salmon or I mix together shredded cooked chicken with sweetcorn & mayo and have that on top.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

This is completely unhelpful Josh. Is it cinnamon or cinnamon raisin? Honestly there's a huge vast gulf of difference.

Also, cinnamon raisin bagels, toasted with butter melted into . . . ohh gotta go, hungry!

Go home, DC, you're drunk.

I said cinnamon bagels, so I meant cinnamon bagels. If I meant cinnamon raisin, then I would have said cinnamon raisin...except that raisins don't belong in bagels, so I would never say that. Yes, vast gulf: cinnamon = awesome; cinnamon raisin = abomination.

Great. Now I want a cinnamon bagel.

ETA: Unless, of course, you like raisins in your bagels...and then by all means enjoy your raisin bagel. *shudder*
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Honey!
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    PB&J.

Or cream cheese & J.

DELISH.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Did a huge plain bagel with cucumber yesterday...will admit I ate the cucumbers seperate from the bagel...eating them on top was weird...but hey...it was tasty and that's a big thing for me to admit :)

that sounds good and yay!!!!!!!!! woot! :bigsmile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So guys I am not in such a good place right now and hating the bagels. No appetite for them at all so need help deciding for tonight whether white, oata and honey, or cinn raisin and which topping. Or do i just throw in bag and grab random one. Lately been doing wheat with jelly.

I vote random but hey, had an idea!

Have you thought about mix-matching them? Maybe have half cinnamon raisin and half plain? (or some other combo?) Might help keep the flavors from getting boring :D
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I'd eat honey off your bagel!

Wow.
  • samedame
    Options
    You could slice the bagel and toast it in the pan with a touch of olive oil and top it with a bit of salmon, parmesan, or hummus if it is savory, and a bit of cinnamon or honey if it is sweet.
    So proud of you, keep up the good work.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hummus, laughing cow cheese, nutella, tomatoes, cottage cheese with cinnamon
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    apple butter is tasty on bagels

can try pb2 as well less fat in that.

do you have a dairy restriction? i like everything bagels with some homemade marinara sauce and some fresh veggies then bake it, very tasty. i also like lettice red onion and cucumber on my bagels. they are good to use for sandwiches.

in recovery as well feel free to add if you need support