Need help with bagels..

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So guys I am not in such a good place right now and hating the bagels. No appetite for them at all so need help deciding for tonight whether white, oata and honey, or cinn raisin and which topping. Or do i just throw in bag and grab random one. Lately been doing wheat with jelly.

my favorite is a plain bagel ribeye steak sandwich, hold the bagel
  • Tahitidreamz
    Options
    I use" Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese" ! It's nice and creamy and smooth. and just tastes good. Besides, they sent me free coupons for products to taste their stuff when I went vegetarian so perhaps I enjoy it more? :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So guys I am not in such a good place right now and hating the bagels. No appetite for them at all so need help deciding for tonight whether white, oata and honey, or cinn raisin and which topping. Or do i just throw in bag and grab random one. Lately been doing wheat with jelly.

I hate to admit it, but I really like the steak egg and cheese bagels from McDonald's. So bad, and yet so good.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Well I am stuck with the free bagels from dining hall since I paid for meal plan. BUT did HUGE fear one and did cinnamon raisin with PB2!!!

YAY!!! How was it? Did you like it?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I hate to admit it, but I really like the steak egg and cheese bagels from McDonald's. So bad, and yet so good.

Ooooomygosh, I used to LOVE those! Soooo good.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you are getting tired of the bagels, you could try to slice them thin, to get 4-6 slices out of them instead of just 2 halves, toast them to crispness. Then you can use them like chips to dip in hummus or guacamole or anything else you like.
  • lyndor90
    Options
    Salmon, crispy or as it comes is extremely good for you.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts but I noticed you mentioned diet things you couldn't use. I was wondering if you really don't want to put the higher calorie foods on your bagel? If that is the issue, use fruit or Polanar all fruit spread or Smucker's brand if these are available. I like raisins just sitting on top or sprinle plain cinnamon on top. I like the other suggestions, too. Just wasn't sure what kinds of foods you could handle while you are recovering from an ed. Keep going. You're to be admired.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like sliced olives on a bagel, with or without a little bit of cream cheese. Tomato slices, basil, and just a teensy drizzle of olive oil are also really good.

You're doing an amazing thing, working so hard on recovery. Keep it up, honey; I promise from experience that it gets easier and less scary.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Ooooomygosh, I used to LOVE those! Soooo good.

Those things are so salty. I would eat one everyday on my way ome from work. Occasionally, I would have one of those Steak McSkilletr burritos too.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Guys there is an awesome spread out there..it's an Orange jam with fiber! About to add it to cinn raisin bagel :)
    Wasn't a fan of the tomoto sauce with plain bagel...but I tried.
    Did love the PB2 one...but still scared of it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Guys there is an awesome spread out there..it's an Orange jam with fiber! About to add it to cinn raisin bagel :)
    gonna have to find some of that.

We made pumpkin butter this past weekend in the crock-pot. I'd bet it'd be fantastic on a bagel. Canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, apple cider (or juice), and then some brown sugar.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I know you said you couldn't/ or weren't in a place to do high fat. But what I normally do, is smear cream cheese on each half then top with lettuce, tomato, and onion and bake @ 350, for about 15m. So good!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Brie microwaved for 20 sec; salty good quality creamy butter either plain or with orange marmalade; thin slices of cucumber with butter; butter with smoked salmon and cucumbers or onions; brie with marmalade; pesto; ham and cheese; ham and cheese and butter, plus cucumbers or tomatoes, blt. Basically you can use it with anything that you will put on a bread. You can also eat half a bagel and load each side with ham, cheese tomato, etc, put it in the oven for a few minutes and have mini pizzas.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Wow! Didn't expect so many supportive, amazing responses.

First off, yes I have a weight loss ticker, but I have also been on this site for 600 something days...and I don't log my weight on here anymore..so idk if that's even accurate. And since I don't log my weight...i don't care to worry about how to fix it.

Definitely will tackle the high-fat ones when I am ready (definitely a fear thing) and I agree with everyone who said they like plain bagels...so do I, but my nutritionist says it can be considered disordered behavior...thus I have to have spreads. So here are some things I liked..btw the flavors I have at my "disposal" are Plain (which I am terrified of but am eating tonight), Oats and Honey, and Cinnamon Raisin. Oh and Everything bagels...but I am still scared of those. So onto the list (in increasing fear order and with the flavor bagel think good with)

1. Cucumber (may be doing this on the plain tonight)--On white, wheat, or everything
    2. Microwave banana/other fruits (may get my nutritionist to allow me to use part of fruit from snack to count as spread that way don't have so many extra calories...still tackling this)---any of them except Everything
    3. Jam--any except everything bagel
    4. PB2--on white or wheat
    5. Pumpkin Butter--on wheat, maybe cinn raisin?
    6. Apple butter--maybe good on cinn raisin or wheat
    7. Ricotta cheese (I use fat free variety)---all except cinn raisin
    8. Egg white--all except cinn raisin/
    9. Honey--prob cinn raisin
    10. Salsa--wheat or white
    11. Guacamole--white or wheat..maybe everything
    12. Hummus---all except cinn raisin
    13. Pizza Sauce--white or wheat
    14. Salmon--all except cinn raisin

The fear is basically calorie dependent, because I know I only really have to do like 20-40 cals for spread. Had an ED since I was 6...so got a long journey ahead of me. Raised by anorexic mom....so literally I was taught to eat as an anorexic...tomorrow I go to my mom's house and just hope she accepts me eating bagel....we shall see...

Also here is my blog :)http://freedomhunger.blogspot.com

Just want to say i am so extremely proud of you. i know i know sounds strange coming from a stranger but I am. i too will also be following your journey through your blog. :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm glad you're finding stuff you like!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ...just bumping to check in and see how the OP is doing these days. :flowerforyou:
  • Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PB2 Chocolate. Amazon.com yum