Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm low maintenance. Don't even own a hair dryer. Men love it. Plus, low expectations means they're beyond thrilled when I do something simple like wear a dress. It's easier on everyone.

^^ I think this pretty much wraps it up, no?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Um. Somewhere between the '76 Vega and the Bugatti Veyron there is a car I could both enjoying driving and, just as importantly, afford.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am looooow maintenance, but I do make the effort to look nice for my fiance. In fact when we were first dating he used to come to my house every night and I would be in my pjamas (id been at work all day!) no make up and no amazing hair. At least that way he fell in love with me and not the pretty, made up, coiffed to perfection idea of me.

We are all naturally beautiful! x
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Rarely, do I wear makeup and not much at that. My hair hasn't had a curling iron or rollers in it for years - air dry or blow dry and no styling - learned to embrace my natural waves. I'm not much on bling or being prissy, girlie either = annoying. I do or can do all of the chores in and out of the house - mow the lawn, maintain equipment, clean, cook - mostly from scratch .......................... Why do I even need a man???? Ohhhh yaaaa! Now I remember :blushing:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is an example of what I am talking about:

The following photo of Scar Jo was used in a Cosmo poll of what looks men like the best. This was rated number one with this quote attached:
    "Her makeup enhances her features but it still looks really natural. Plus, her shiny lips makes me want to kiss her." —Kevin, 28

This look required a wardrobe stylist, a hair stylist, and a makeup stylist. She has plenty of makeup on and product and dye in her hair. If this is what men consider natural then I just don't put a lot of faith into the popular male opinion of what is low maintenance.
    I repeat, again, I rarely wear makeup, When I do, it's no more than mascara and a little blush. My hair is always natural. Men are perfectly happy with my look.

In these polls, are there any examples of women who aren't wearing makeup to make it more fair?
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am high maintenance at all... I can be ready in the morning in 15 minutes.... but there are little things that take up life time (shaving legs, the mani-pedi, eyebrow wax, hair cut every two to three months)... but that's maybe 2 hours a month... I don't feel that that is high mainenance.. just maintenance... With a good quality hair cut and eyebrows... I find I look effortlessly beautiful.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

The following photo of Scar Jo was used in a Cosmo poll of what looks men like the best. This was rated number one with this quote attached:
    "Her makeup enhances her features but it still looks really natural. Plus, her shiny lips makes me want to kiss her." —Kevin, 28

This look required a wardrobe stylist, a hair stylist, and a makeup stylist. She has plenty of makeup on and product and dye in her hair. If this is what men consider natural then I just don't put a lot of faith into the popular male opinion of what is low maintenance.
    I repeat, again, I rarely wear makeup, When I do, it's no more than mascara and a little blush. My hair is always natural. Men are perfectly happy with my look.

In these polls, are there any examples of women who aren't wearing makeup to make it more fair?

it's Cosmo.....
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Um. Somewhere between the '76 Vega and the Bugatti Veyron there is a car I could both enjoying driving and, just as importantly, afford.

You mean you don't have to pick one extreme over the other?

You cannot be trusted.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

it's Cosmo.....
    Point taken. :-)

So, basically, it's here are a bunch of photos of women with makeup and their hair done. Which do you like best?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Does it require effort and its not for something important? If yes is the answer to either of these then Eff that shyt I'm hopping in a shower and going. I will dress up for work when I have important meetings or events to go to.
    The first date with my boyfriend, was just after a workout at the gym. I was starving and craving sushi, jumped out of the shower threw on a shirt and jeans and away we went.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a low maintenance woman.
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely LM.

I've given this a lot of thought recently and my idea of what to look for:

1. Sensible shoes (no pointy-toed, 4 inch stilettos)
    2. Natural hair color (I don't care if it is brown or blonde or red or grey, as long as that is what occurs naturally)
    3. Minimal piercings (one pair of earrings is enough)
    4. No ink
    5. You don't need 16 bottles of cleaning products to take a shower.

I want someone who is comfortable with their self.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    so the consensus is..........

men like women who smell good, look nice, shave their legs, pluck their eyebrows, put effort into their appearance.....

but don't spend any time getting ready (or at least not any longer than YOU take, so that you're not waiting for us).

did I miss anything?
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Very sensible.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

Except for Chris Brown.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

You cannot be trusted.

Indeed. Either a woman wearing a garbage bag or one who gets 900 dollar pedicures. In between is NOT POSSIBLE.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    so the consensus is..........

men like women who smell good, look nice, shave their legs, pluck their eyebrows, put effort into their appearance.....

but don't spend any time getting ready (or at least not any longer than YOU take, so that you're not waiting for us).

did I miss anything?

FINNAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who gets it.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Except for Chris Brown.

:laugh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

You cannot be trusted.

tumblr_inline_mjocfbeavF1qz4rgp.gif
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    On my second date with my now husband I wore no makeup, a sweatshirt twice my normal size and yoga pants. I wanted him to see what I would probably look like the rest of the time he sees me lol. I have dated/met some guys who like high maintenance and I don't get it to be honest with you. They like the constant high heels, makeup and hair done every single time. which is weird that they even thought to date me.

I would say most men like mid maintainence if there ever is a thing. They got dolled up once in awhile and if the occasion calls for it...and does whatever she feels... I would say that's where I'm at because there are odd times where my husband will have to wait a WHOLE THIRTY minutes because i want my face to look fancy :) most times it's my bare face and my hair is in a bun. only thing i'm high maintenance i insist on is hygiene... :happy: