Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• McGuireTO
    McGuireTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

You can be my bf and I won't move in with you or not let you hang out with girls.

But you have to buy me things.

:)

Yes no problem! And if you took the time to meet my few female friends you'd probably get along with them really well. I like to keep a close group of really amazing people as friends, I don't have time for people who aren't worth it.

And if we lived in the same city I would take you out for a glass of wine tonight
  • McGuireTO
    Options
    I'm low maintenance, I'm naturally beautiful.

Of course you are, you're a bacon taco! Bacon just gives and never asks for anything in return
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Until, in a state of extreme sleep deprivation, she dresses the sheep in red and feeds the kids to the wolves.
  • _Z3sty_
    _Z3sty_ Posts: 120
    Options

She speaks with wisdom,

Good luck
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I define a "low Maintenance woman" as one who is self-sufficient, free-thinking, smart, reliant. A person who knows herself.

Not defined by how long it takes her to get ready for a date.

I like this definition!!!
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

She speaks with wisdom,

and a straight jacket.

FIFY
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I define a "low Maintenance woman" as one who is self-sufficient, free-thinking, smart, reliant. A person who knows herself.

This.

I believe there is physical high maintenance, like the gentleman whose friend pays to get his gf's hair done at a pricey salon. And emotional high maintenance, like the gentleman whose ex was overbearing about the time the spent together.

My bf's former roommate is newly engaged to a woman he met a year ago. If you do not include her in every conversation had with her fiancé, she gets pissed. IE: My bf called his friend today and when he didn't say "tell Kala hello" within 30 seconds she got pissy about it. We were over there watching football and my bf brought a coworker. He was talking about the coworkers age in comparison to his and his former roommate's. Kala snapped on my bf and said "Umm hello what about me I'm the same age." Neither her now I were involve din the conversation and we weren't excluded to be mean. We just weren't part of it. That is my idea of high maintenance. And she directs it towards all of her fiancé's friends. She's going to get snapped on if she keeps *****ing at my bf for not including her in every miniscule detail of his friendship with her fiancé.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think there are two definitions of "high maintenance", one is "emotionally needy" and the other is "puts a lot of time, effort, thought and possibly money into appearance". Not that there's anything wrong with either. And there are "high maintenance" men just like women.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.

lol ahhh you noticed too!?!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I get my long hair trimmed 3-4 times a year (at Hair Cuttery - $15/cut). I don't color, curl or straighten my hair. I don't really wear makeup other than tinted moisturizer, chapstick and a little brown eyeliner. I also don't wear high heels, get manis/pedis, or enjoy jewelry or clothes shopping.

I'm happiest in a sundress and sandals or with my hair in a ponytail with my backpack and hiking boots. I'm very feminine, but I'm extremely casual and low-key.

I can be showered, dressed and out the door in 30 minutes. My husband tells me ALL the TIME how thankful he is to have a wife that's not high maintenance (or as he puts it 'fussy, prissy and expensive').
  • McGuireTO
    Options
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

THIS is what high maintenance is. It has nothing to do with how long it takes you to get dressed or how much money we spend on you. The real question is "Are you going to suck out the marrow of our soul and complain that there's nothing left when you're done?"

I don't sound bitter at all do I?

Exactly. I don't care if it takes you 2 hours to get ready. But my soul only has so much marrow.
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Low mental maintenance - i.e. drama, YES! Over dramatizing things makes problems out of nothing, and tolerable problems intolerable.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Yeah you certainly did shake things up here this afternoon...thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options

Lol, my lesbian friends have said this too.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • A_nonymous2
    Options

I was bored with Kiss, Bite, Bang game... And the yes/no dating. I'm making drama, so I guess I'm going in the High Maintenance category now.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

I was bored with Kiss, Bite, Bang game... And the yes/no dating. I'm making drama, so I guess I'm going in the High Maintenance category now.

heh...there are worse things to be...or so I thought until reading all these posts
  • A_nonymous2
    Options

And I'll be getting a lot more "no"s to the dating game now...
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I used to have a high maintenance woman. So glad I don't anymore!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

This^^^^