Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Options

Replies

• KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I mean, really? Whether it's the monetary cost or time savings, do you really think you'd be happier with a low maintenance woman? All I hear is complaining about how much a haircut/color costs or how much time it takes to straighten hair, put on makeup, etc. I'm just wondering. Only about 2% of us can get away with being naturally pretty. We all need a little help.

Thoughts?

They are probably complaining because they arent getting the return on their investment they were hoping for.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Some of us use minimal make-up and cut and dye our own hair. I take shorter showers than my boyfriend, and do my hair and make-up in about five minutes. Low-maintenance? Maybe. I just hate wasting time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.

In for drama

macbeth_zps3279a2ca.gif
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    well, personally i don't want some frumpy homebody that is happy in yoga pants and an sweatshirt every day. then again, i don't want a girl thats going to spend two hours getting ready to go to the grocery store.

i want a girl, with a mind like a diamond.

I want a girl who knows what's best.

I just require fingernails that shine like justice and a voice that is dark (like tinted glass).
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a low maintenance woman.

Except for Chris Brown.

:laugh:

LMAO.... i just spit my diet coke all over my desk!:laugh:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider making time to take care of yourself and wanting to look good as 'high maintenance.' I like to look good when I go out and can take an hour getting ready, but I'm still quite happy with my overalls on covered in grease under a car.

As for your comment about most of us 'needing some help' to look pretty, well, speak for yourself. Are you saying if make-up wasn't invented we'd all be dog rough?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No
  • jorpa99
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I can only pray that I can live to these standards for my husband. He is such an amazing man. And loves me the way God meant for a man to love a woman :) Best of luck to you.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm Well considering all of the ladies posting who log their meals exercise alot and took those pretty profiles pics to post.....

that does not sound low maintenance to me

I think men want a lady who can go either way depending on the situation. I think everyone is confusing primping with drama

Yeah, kinda regretting this thread, but kinda being entertained by the amount of anger and bitterness from those who don't want drama.

In for drama

macbeth_zps3279a2ca.gif

Well Played Well Played

(nods her head and smiles)
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats a low maintenance woman.

Except for Chris Brown.

:laugh:

LMAO.... i just spit my diet coke all over my desk!:laugh:

Mission: Completed
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I mean, really? Whether it's the monetary cost or time savings, do you really think you'd be happier with a low maintenance woman? All I hear is complaining about how much a haircut/color costs or how much time it takes to straighten hair, put on makeup, etc. I'm just wondering. Only about 2% of us can get away with being naturally pretty. We all need a little help.

Thoughts?

I avoid high maintenance girls at all cost, they tend to be deceptive materialistic parasites.

How you doin'? :wink:
  • liftingheavy1
    Options
    this type of women for me Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still night;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I can only pray that I can live to these standards for my husband. He is such an amazing man. And loves me the way God meant for a man to love a woman :) Best of luck to you.

Amen to that :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's how much makeup you wear or how long you take to get ready or what brands you like that determine whether or not you're high maintenance.

It's how much you expect OTHERS to support that lifestyle.

Taking a long time to get ready? Only a problem if you're making someone else wait or late.

Wearing a lot of makeup? Only a problem if you won't let a guy kiss you because it'll smudge your face.

Wearing high heels? Only a problem if you're complaining all night that your feet hurt.

Wearing name brands? Only a problem if you can't afford to buy them yourself.

I always thought of high maintenance as someone who is overly dependent on others. And that might have nothing at all to do with their appearance.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I am zero maintenance and my husband absolutely loves it. If I need to be I can be showered, dressed, ready and out the door in fifteen minutes.

I don't spend time fussing with my hair. I have curly hair so all I do is put in my product, scrunch and go. I also don't pile on the make up because I don't need to. There are plenty of times that I've put on blush, mascara, gloss and I'm done. Even if I'm doing a "full face" which for me is blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick it takes me maybe 5 minutes. Adding jewelry is probably another 2 minutes. I usually know ahead of time what I'm going to wear out as well.

I get my hair cut once every 6 months to a year and that's usually before I go on vacation.

I don't color my hair because I don't need to.

The only splurge I'll do is get a pedicure. That's usually once every 6 months (again before vacation or ON vacation) and maybe once or twice during the summer.

If I know I'm going to putz around and take my time -- which involves a glass of wine and my cell phone so I can text my friends while getting ready -- which typically on a Friday or Saturday night I'll do then I'll start my ritual about an hour or 45 min. before we have to leave.

I have friends who are high maintenance and it would drive me absolutely NUTS if I had to deal with that all the time.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely high-maintenance, but I maintain myself. I don't inflict that on anyone else.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

THIS is what high maintenance is. It has nothing to do with how long it takes you to get dressed or how much money we spend on you. The real question is "Are you going to suck out the marrow of our soul and complain that there's nothing left when you're done?"

I don't sound bitter at all do I?

This isn't high maintenance. This is Clinger Factor 7 Crazy.

You have my sympathies.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My poor husband... If this is how men feel I just btr hope my husband isn't lying when he says he doesn't believe in divorce... :noway:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

THIS is what high maintenance is. It has nothing to do with how long it takes you to get dressed or how much money we spend on you. The real question is "Are you going to suck out the marrow of our soul and complain that there's nothing left when you're done?"

I don't sound bitter at all do I?

This isn't high maintenance. This is Clinger Factor 7 Crazy.

You have my sympathies.

Sounds to me like your ex was bored and needed a hobby
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My hubby equates low maintenance with NO DRAMA. The amount of hairspray doesn't matter, he married me because I don't drag old fights into new fights, I tell him exactly what I need from him, and I don't get pissy if he notices another girl is pretty. I do believe low maintenance in a man's mind has almost NOTHING to do with hair & make-up.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Low Maintence is a matter of perception.

When we're going to a black tie......whatever it takes for you to look and feel special.

When we're going to dinner..........can we keep it to under two hours...

When we're getting out of bed for coffee on sundays.....yoga pants and sweatshirt.......

...........Then again......

if they fit well........We're not leaving the house ;)