Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you men really want a low maintenance woman?

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I'm pretty low maintenance. I hope my hubby likes little makeup, ponytails and yoga pants lol
    I do flat iron my hair and I clean up well so he has the best of both worlds and I don't frighten him in the morning because I wake up looking like a tired version of what I looked like the night before LOL.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm low maintenance. Don't even own a hair dryer. Men love it. Plus, low expectations means they're beyond thrilled when I do something simple like wear a dress. It's easier on everyone.

^^ I think this pretty much wraps it up, no?

Exactly. I met my husband when I wasn't wearing any make-up. It was awesome. Now I "look" nice from a 5 minute make up routine.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    My husband says he likes me best without makeup, however every time I get made up to go out for the evening he always says how hot I look. I also dated a guy who said I wasn't high maintenance enough yet this same guy saw me at the beach with no makeup, my hair a mess, and in beach bum clothes and said I looked super hot.
  • McGuireTO
    McGuireTO Posts: 18 Member
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

Sure she does, but I'm ****ing awesome, who wouldn't want to hang out with me?

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    I don't feel I'm high maintenance, but I love to feel pretty. I almost always wear makeup some days lighter than others.

I've never had my nails professionally done. I have not had my hair professionally done in about 3 or 4 years.

I guess the meaning of low maintenance could take on different meanings to different people.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Absolutely not! "Could you pick up dinner on your way home?" and "Please close the bathroom door!" and "Stop cheating on me with my sister!"

Nag, nag, nag. NO THANKS.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    High maintenance goes beyond hair and make-up...and that's where it gets exhausting, male or female
  • No, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE high maintenance. Please tell me more about the new Ulta in town.

There's a new Ulta?!?

tumblr_inline_mrtakboWx61qz4rgp.gif

WTH is an Ulta?
  • I think many hit on the main point, here and that is the definition of "high maintenance"? I am the sole-bread winner in my family (for the moment), so my husband doesn't buy me anything (at least right now). But that's not what I want (or need). My husband provides me all the support I need for anything I do. I joke I'm "high maintenance" when I seek affection from him, which is daily but he doesn't mind. He likes that. I reciprocate (I think and hope) in kind with things he likes.

I know that I don't HAVE to spend time putting on makeup or dressing up, but when I do, his eyes go wide with approval and that special "something else" in his eyes that only two people in love can share intimately. *grin* So I know he appreciates when I do take the time to "put my face on." But I never starve for his love. I get a daily dose of it routinely, whether I'm made-up or not.

I'm blessed. Both my husband and I agree, that he's completely spoiled me for "any other man" should my husband leave this life before me. Indeed he has spoiled me! I'm convinced there's not another man out there that can love me like he does. He's amazing. :heart:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    "Stop cheating on me with my sister!"

I said she could join but that didn't go over very well...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    well, personally i don't want some frumpy homebody that is happy in yoga pants and an sweatshirt every day. then again, i don't want a girl thats going to spend two hours getting ready to go to the grocery store.

i want a girl, with a mind like a diamond.

I want a girl who knows what's best.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    ITT: people who have no idea what "maintenance" means.
  • Absolutely not! "Could you pick up dinner on your way home?" and "Please close the bathroom door!" and "Stop cheating on me with my sister!"

LMFAO!!!!!!! And could you please close the lid on the toilet! I hate it when I fall in! OMG thanks for the laugh. (really hope the cheating thing was a joke if not wow thats effed up!)
  • _Z3sty_
    _Z3sty_ Posts: 120
    Yes, I certainly want a low maintenance woman. It's not all about "being pretty enough to not put on makeup".

My most recent girlfriend was high maintenance. She spent 5 nights a week at my place, but it wasn't enough for her. She was upset that she only gets to see me at night - but I work 9-5, and she worked noon - 9. I'm not sure when else she expected to see me.

She was upset because I didn't stay the night at her place more than a few times, despite the fact she lives with her mom and I live alone.

She was upset that I have a really good job that would provide more than enough income to support her and children in a pricey market if she chose to be a stay at home mom - because sometimes I had to answer the phone at 10pm when we were together, or even on a weekend god forbid.

She wanted to move in with me after 7 months and I wasn't ready. If we were texting and I told her I was busy, she'd phone me several times, text me, and facebook me because she had a "really important" (ie nonsense) question.

My best friend is a woman, and sometimes she phones me to get some people to go to a bar to watch a hockey game while my GF was at work. "But why does Monique want to hang out with you? Does she have no other friends?"

And because she was too high maintenance, Sadly, I had to end the relationship with a woman who otherwise I really loved because I just couldn't deal with silly little things she couldn't let go....

You dodged a bullet buddy!!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    No, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE high maintenance. Please tell me more about the new Ulta in town.

There's a new Ulta?!?

tumblr_inline_mrtakboWx61qz4rgp.gif

WTH is an Ulta?

I worked there for a year and a half, but it's bigger in the midwest. it's like a salon, drugstore, and department store makeup section all in one. if you want high maintenance go hang out with some of the girls who work there for a while.....
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member

You can be my bf and I won't move in with you or not let you hang out with girls.

But you have to buy me things.

:)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Nothing beats a low maintenance woman.

Except for Chris Brown.

bazinga!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    I don't think I'm particularly one way or the other on the maintenance scale. If I choose to wear make-up, then I schedule my time accordingly and wear what is appropriate for that outing. I don't wear makeup when I'm going to be working out because my skin gets all angry LOL I own a flat iron.. I think it's in the trunk of my car or something. Sometimes I spent 15 minutes gently blowdrying my hair or more if a certain 'do is in order... but for the most part, I just look like me. I paint my own nails, I don't color my hair because some of that stuff can be damaging and I donate my hair so it can't be colored anyway, I get my hair trimmed from time to time when it seems particularly unruly but a true haircut is done when I donate because there's a salon that will do that for free. Sure, I have tons of girly stuff and fancy shoes and clothes (read: lingerie) that make me feel sexy, but that's all about me and not about some dude. I'd never ask my date or partner to sit around waiting on me to get ready... I make one quick pass through the house, get ready and I'm gone for the day. I mean, most guys aren't interested in me anyway because I'm outspoken and try to keep it low on the drama, but there's hope for some of them yet.

Here's a pic of me without makeup, actually a bit flushed from my daily walk at lunch and my hair in a bun for work. I guess it could be worse... right? :flowerforyou:

1240632_530382943698155_721362917_n.jpg
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    During the previous meeting of the Intergalactic Male Hive Mind, we voted and determined: Yes.

this wins the internet.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Um. Somewhere between the '76 Vega and the Bugatti Veyron there is a car I could both enjoying driving and, just as importantly, afford.

You mean you don't have to pick one extreme over the other?

You cannot be trusted.

tumblr_inline_mjocfbeavF1qz4rgp.gif

Hi magerum. :blushing: