How's Life?

Replies

• crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    I'm liking this message board :D

My life is busy but productive. I have work and classes Monday- Saturday, but it's all for a purpose. I'm also in better shape now than I have ever been- I find it funny that so many people want to get back to their "high school weight," when I was most unhappy with my weight in high school. But I'm happy now! I'm engaged to a wonderful man and we've just made a huge move out of our home state to advance his career- which happened to be a great step towards advancing MY career.

I finally feel like everything is as it should be and I love that I can say that and not wonder if I'm forgetting something.

P.S. Friend requests? Hit me up!
    great! Glad to see you got a lot of good things going on. Keep up the good work.
  • crackur
    Life is great but Im still looking for a girl friend :/
    you will be ok......enjoy alone time.......we all need that.
  • crackur
    Life is good in some aspects, great Husband, Son and home. Social life on the other hand is pretty much non existent but I am working on that. Live in a place that is hard to get around when you don't drive, really need lessons!
    My social life is dead.......haha my two, count them 2 guy friends complain why they cant go out. It's pretty bad.....and I'm at the age where I would find it weird to say hey to a new person, would you like to go for a run or a beer? HAHA

nice deal on the positives

and I hate driving.
  • crackur
    Getting better all the time :happy:
    GREAT
  • crackur
    complicated to be honest
    why is it complicated?
  • crackur
    030.gif

"Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?"

'...Always like this.'
    nice I like that.
  • crackur
    I could complain but what good would it do!! I have a good job and great friends....but my parent's health is failing and I can't do anything about that, my older sister is a hot mess all of the time about everything, my fiance' is driving me crazy and my 17 yr old son is..well, being a 17 yr old!!
    All in all, the sun is shining.. :drinker:
    yes!

It can't rain all the time
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Been better but also been worse...things are complicated now and I feel like a fat cow...however, I'm alive and well so nothing to complain about :)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,000 Member
    Oh, earth,you are too wonderful for anybody to realize you. Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every,every minute? ~ Thorton Wilder
    no we take everything for granted by taking it for granted.

The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now. ~ Robert Ingersoll
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    So how's your life? How do you feel about where you are at? where you are going? any stress?

So HOW are you ?

My life is about 80% amazing right now and 20% complete stress.

I'm engaged to an amazing man who is the love of my life, and getting married in less than a month (EEK!)...I have good health, my lowest weight to date (since age 14 anyway), I feel great. I have zero debt, money stocked away in my savings account, a cute duplex and a paid-for yet reliable car I like. I have wonderful friends and family, fulfilling hobbies, etc.

I am happy to be employed at a job I don't hate. The company I work for seems like a pretty good fit for me, the people are hard workers (unlike most places!) and I've only been on the job for a bit over 1 month. But I feel like I am trying WAY harder at this job (even though I'm so underemployed...I have a bachelor's degree and many years of experience & it's an entry level position) than I've ever tried at a job, yet still making more mistakes than I have ever made at a job. It is very frustrating. I try to stay positive, and most of the time I succeed...but I feel like I'm giving more effort than I've ever had to give, not using some of my very best skills (proofreading, editing, typing 90+ wpm), and constantly screwing up or making my bosses really irritated :-( Today has been one of those days, if you can't tell. eh.

More stressful, my fiancé is not able to live with me full-time because his mother is in the end stages of terminal cancer and on hospice. Her mind and body are completely falling apart and the man I love is an hour away from me, dealing with it alone all day and all night. Selfishly, I feel resentful at times because it's beautiful weather and I want to enjoy it with him! I want to plan our wedding trip together, not over the computer :-/ Mostly though, I worry constantly for him and I miss him so badly...I am just glad we can still have weekends together!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    I'm content.
    I believe this is the worse thing to be. Stagnant.

For most people, yes. But I'm a pretty awesome person.

I think we need a "like" button on this. Being content is great, isn't that what everyone wants? Also, rock-solid self confidence is great. Wish I had an "I'm awesome" voice :-)

Personally I am enjoying increased fitness, but annoyed I'm not losing weight quick enough for my holiday. I am applying for "proper" jobs (i.e. not a temp job that does nothing for my CV) and getting nowhere. So a bit pants, but could be worse.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Wow thanks for asking... My life has been better. I am a single mom with no help struggling financially and also struggling with health concerns. Just found out my job is going to end Monday. I lost my father in April of this year to cancer and I haven't even had time to grieve over that. I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my hip so i am in constant pain. I could go on and on but you know what, I'm alive and my children love me and God will see me through if I have faith.... so I guess I can say I'm blessed to fight another day:smile:
  • crackur
    Been better but also been worse...things are complicated now and I feel like a fat cow...however, I'm alive and well so nothing to complain about :)
    things will always be complicated for as long as we allow it.......I feel ya.

The weight thing is more mental than physical, remember that.
  • crackur
    So how's your life? How do you feel about where you are at? where you are going? any stress?

So HOW are you ?

My life is about 80% amazing right now and 20% complete stress.

I'm engaged to an amazing man who is the love of my life, and getting married in less than a month (EEK!)...I have good health, my lowest weight to date (since age 14 anyway), I feel great. I have zero debt, money stocked away in my savings account, a cute duplex and a paid-for yet reliable car I like. I have wonderful friends and family, fulfilling hobbies, etc.

I am happy to be employed at a job I don't hate. The company I work for seems like a pretty good fit for me, the people are hard workers (unlike most places!) and I've only been on the job for a bit over 1 month. But I feel like I am trying WAY harder at this job (even though I'm so underemployed...I have a bachelor's degree and many years of experience & it's an entry level position) than I've ever tried at a job, yet still making more mistakes than I have ever made at a job. It is very frustrating. I try to stay positive, and most of the time I succeed...but I feel like I'm giving more effort than I've ever had to give, not using some of my very best skills (proofreading, editing, typing 90+ wpm), and constantly screwing up or making my bosses really irritated :-( Today has been one of those days, if you can't tell. eh.

More stressful, my fiancé is not able to live with me full-time because his mother is in the end stages of terminal cancer and on hospice. Her mind and body are completely falling apart and the man I love is an hour away from me, dealing with it alone all day and all night. Selfishly, I feel resentful at times because it's beautiful weather and I want to enjoy it with him! I want to plan our wedding trip together, not over the computer :-/ Mostly though, I worry constantly for him and I miss him so badly...I am just glad we can still have weekends together!
    the external problems are always the hardest sometimes.......we all must deal with lost and it is something we never get use to.

It'll all work itself out.....we'll have many good days and bad.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Living the dream but on a serious note it could be better but then again it could be a lot worse, who knows what tomorrow will bring so just play it by ear and ride the wave.
  • crackur
    I'm content.
    I believe this is the worse thing to be. Stagnant.

For most people, yes. But I'm a pretty awesome person.

I think we need a "like" button on this. Being content is great, isn't that what everyone wants? Also, rock-solid self confidence is great. Wish I had an "I'm awesome" voice :-)

Personally I am enjoying increased fitness, but annoyed I'm not losing weight quick enough for my holiday. I am applying for "proper" jobs (i.e. not a temp job that does nothing for my CV) and getting nowhere. So a bit pants, but could be worse.
    always
  • crackur
    Wow thanks for asking... My life has been better. I am a single mom with no help struggling financially and also struggling with health concerns. Just found out my job is going to end Monday. I lost my father in April of this year to cancer and I haven't even had time to grieve over that. I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my hip so i am in constant pain. I could go on and on but you know what, I'm alive and my children love me and God will see me through if I have faith.... so I guess I can say I'm blessed to fight another day:smile:
    =) be strong momma! My son keeps me going when everything else stop moving!
  • crackur
    Living the dream but on a serious note it could be better but then again it could be a lot worse, who knows what tomorrow will bring so just play it by ear and ride the wave.
    great motto I like it.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    I am Well and each day I see a new, higher level of Physical Health and Spiritual Enlightenment. As I reflect back on the last 5 Yrs, I am Amazed at Me, My Resilience-Determination-Faith-Commitment. The last 6 months have been particularly challenging and amazing, and as I enter October, I go into YET a NEW Chapter of My Life. I am still learning how to Accept My Joy and Peace and Happiness...many people would kill for My Life, so I have to appreciate My Blessings and Trust-Accept-Live Well.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    I want to off myself regularly, but then I like cartoons too much so I can't off myself...because what about the next episode?
    Plus Breaking Bad finale.