How's Life?

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Meh. Not really. I'm just a smart azz.

I'm actually quite happy. I've got stress, but I've got lots of good things in my life. So it all works out.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Why do people keep asking me this? Do I look like I'm a loose cannon?

Kaboom.
    ticking time bomb you say?
  • crackur

I'm actually quite happy. I've got stress, but I've got lots of good things in my life. So it all works out.
    balance is a great thing...its keeps us going, it makes the world go around.

=)
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    you are welcome and thanks for letting us know.........I like others tend to dwell on things sometimes.....not much but sometimes.......we all will see better days.....and the bad days just a reminder that we are still alive.

I tend to be a pretty optimistic person in general. There will be ups and downs to every day. In the last couple months I've had a couple arguments with my boyfriend, my dad lost his house and my childhood home, and there have definitely been days where i just really didn't want to go to work. In the end, though, things worked out. My dad has a plan for what to do now that he's got the chance to start fresh (we lived in a small town and he had a criminal record, so after his business went under he couldn't find work), and I'm just thankful to have a job even if I don't want to be in the office every day.

Part of getting through life is remembering to point out the good things you can, even in a bad situation. It helps you notice the other good things that were having a hard time pushing through the one or two bad parts taking up your mind.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Life's good. Thanks for asking. ;)
  • crackur
    you are welcome and thanks for letting us know.........I like others tend to dwell on things sometimes.....not much but sometimes.......we all will see better days.....and the bad days just a reminder that we are still alive.

I tend to be a pretty optimistic person in general. There will be ups and downs to every day. In the last couple months I've had a couple arguments with my boyfriend, my dad lost his house and my childhood home, and there have definitely been days where i just really didn't want to go to work. In the end, though, things worked out. My dad has a plan for what to do now that he's got the chance to start fresh (we lived in a small town and he had a criminal record, so after his business went under he couldn't find work), and I'm just thankful to have a job even if I don't want to be in the office every day.

Part of getting through life is remembering to point out the good things you can, even in a bad situation. It helps you notice the other good things that were having a hard time pushing through the one or two bad parts taking up your mind.
    thank you for that........I hate to remind myself of that at times but it's so true. I get use to the good things sometimes and they like other things go unappreciated because I feel like hey I accomplish that....its there, I want more.........and then I forget they too could leave me. Thanks for a good comment!
  • crackur
    Life's good. Thanks for asking. ;)
    YOU are very welcome!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Wow thanks for asking... My life has been better. I am a single mom with no help struggling financially and also struggling with health concerns. Just found out my job is going to end Monday. I lost my father in April of this year to cancer and I haven't even had time to grieve over that. I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my hip so i am in constant pain. I could go on and on but you know what, I'm alive and my children love me and God will see me through if I have faith.... so I guess I can say I'm blessed to fight another day:smile:
    =) be strong momma! My son keeps me going when everything else stop moving!

Thank you! That made me smile!:happy:
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    I'm about to finish high school forever and the idea of actually having to do something with myself and have responsibility for my actions and whatever is terrifying.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member

It really does find a way to even out, doesn't it :wink:
  • crackur
    I'm about to finish high school forever and the idea of actually having to do something with myself and have responsibility for my actions and whatever is terrifying.
    it does not get any better but hey it does not get any worse if you don't want it too. Life is about making choices and learning from them. Good or bad, we must continue to keep progressing.

No need to grow up......just make smart decisions when you have too.
  • crackur

Thank you! That made me smile!:happy:
    =)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Why do people keep asking me this? Do I look like I'm a loose cannon?

RjhOY03.gif
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Wow thanks for asking... My life has been better. I am a single mom with no help struggling financially and also struggling with health concerns. Just found out my job is going to end Monday. I lost my father in April of this year to cancer and I haven't even had time to grieve over that. I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my hip so i am in constant pain. I could go on and on but you know what, I'm alive and my children love me and God will see me through if I have faith.... so I guess I can say I'm blessed to fight another day:smile:

It sounds like we are way too similar, I'm a single mom of 3 with no support myself and have had a hell of a roller coaster ride over the last 3 years.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father, I lost my baby sister quite suddenly in June of this year, so I do understand that pain. You have a fabulous outlook despite all of it, you keep on going! My hats off to you!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Thanks for asking. I am doing well.
    I have been on track for 10 days minus a saturday evening where some very tasty South Afican syrah got the better of me. I am enjoying the gym and teh encouragement I get there. House work got done early this morning along with the laundry and I feel content.

And you?
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    it does not get any better but hey it does not get any worse if you don't want it too. Life is about making choices and learning from them. Good or bad, we must continue to keep progressing.

No need to grow up......just make smart decisions when you have too.
    Aha, I would hope it doesn't get any worse.

You give off good vibes, I like you.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    So HOW are you ?

A little better knowing there's at least one other person in the world who only asks that question when they actually want a real answer.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Life is what you make it.

You cannot control everything that happens but you can control how you respond.

Perfection maybe a challenging pipe dream.

But in the here and now, I am grateful for what I have, especially my health & team mates.

My body and WILL improve!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I'm content.
    I believe this is the worse thing to be. Stagnant.

Funny how you take contentment to be stagnation.
  • crackur
    Thanks for asking. I am doing well.
    I have been on track for 10 days minus a saturday evening where some very tasty South Afican syrah got the better of me. I am enjoying the gym and teh encouragement I get there. House work got done early this morning along with the laundry and I feel content.

And you?
    sounds like a great start =)