No Skinny For This Girl

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all.

That's my vote! It's funny how many people started out like the OP, and based on their starting pictures, I would have agreed with what was said. I have been proven wrong. Search the forum and you'll see for yourself.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well... can't you be athletic, strong and "skinny"? As long as you're healthy who cares if you lean more towards the athletic build or the slender build? Some people are curvier than others and skinny isn't bad as long as you're healthy.

Also, don't we all share a common goal of losing weight and being healthier? Why knock someone else's aesthetic ideal if it's healthy?
    This. We all have the common goal of achieving healthy bodies... but each of us has a slightly different mental picture of how that looks. To each their own. A 5'6", 115, somewhat willowy woman and a 5'6", 140 lb weightlifter woman really don't have such a different health profile. The only difference is one can pick up heavier objects than the other, lol. Whatever floats their boat!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like junior high talk here! I'm new to MFP, just checking out the community and not sure about this place at all!

I'm new too, and I posted this originally just as a "battle cry" for starting my journey--I never wanted to offend anyone. It has obviously taken a turn for the worst. I don't think everything on here is like this though! You just have to stick to the good people. :)

By 'good' people you mean the ones that agree with you.

If anyone has an alternative view they must be the 'bad' people.

LOL!!

You are excellent at being meta.

You should have thrown a gif in there, would have made your post so much better

I'm at work, and my computer's too slow.

Ah what a shame, maybe another time
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous! Stop being so angry. These forums have really gotten OUT OF CONTROL.. Seems like every one of them that I happen to glance at or read, there is someone getting their panties all bunched up. Get over yourselves and focus on the real reason that youre here. I'm here to better myself physically. Sometimes people dont type EXACTLY the words that they are thinking or it comes out different than they expected. Thats what happens when words are expressed on paper rather than in person. :grumble:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all.

That's my vote! It's funny how many people started out like the OP, and based on their starting pictures, I would have agreed with what was said. I have been proven wrong. Search the forum and you'll see for yourself.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like junior high talk here! I'm new to MFP, just checking out the community and not sure about this place at all!

I'm new too, and I posted this originally just as a "battle cry" for starting my journey--I never wanted to offend anyone. It has obviously taken a turn for the worst. I don't think everything on here is like this though! You just have to stick to the good people. :)

LOL!!

LOL!! is right. Do you have any idea how ironic you're being? :laugh:

People who want to be "skinny" are wigging out because she has... wait for it... an alternative view.
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

As an aside, I really wish people would stop using that gif. It makes the person posting it seem obnoxious and catty, even if that wasn't their intention.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Lol we all want to be skinny... Don't kid yourself.
    But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose!

You assume a lot.

Nope. I don't.
    Skinny to me doesn't mean stick thin it means, fit, small, healthy.
    Makes me laugh.
    "Oh, I don't even want to be small"
    Umm ya, you do. You want to so badly you have to convince yourself you don't to make yourself feel better.
    Some people use denial or set themselves up to fail so they can say "they didn't even want to in the first place"
    That's all I see.

Ever play rugby? That's 8 people a side who don't want to be small.

Lacrosse? American Football? Heavy weight wrestling/boxing/mma/powerlifting/weightlifting/etc?

Enjoy being weak. That's not to say that small or skinny folks can't be strong, but if you're so short sighted that all you can see if your own goals and can't comprehend that people might not think like you do...then you are most definitely weak.

Calm yourself.
    Nope I have never played any of those sports beside Lacrosse when I was 8, hehe.
    I am so weak, you are right.... lol.
    That's why I ride a 1400 pound horse and run 15 km, must be so!

I am talking about "skinny" as a frame of mind, ie, I want to be the best and healthiest I can be.
    And laughing at the same time, it is called sarcasm.
    You have identified my problems in life, I am narrow minded :(
    I have no friends :(
    Nobody likes me :(
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fantastic measures of strength you have.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

As an aside, I really wish people would stop using that gif. It makes the person posting it seem obnoxious and catty, even if that wasn't their intention.

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

LOL!!

People who want to be "skinny" are wigging out because she has... wait for it... an alternative view.

What?

:laugh:
  • Achrya
    Options

Why do you assume that wasn't my intention? I'm not sure what else the gif is for except to seem obnoxious.

Hell, that's what all of my gifs are for.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I think people post it because Jennifer Lawrence is the most perfect human being to ever walk the planet.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I didn't realize this had blown up by the time I responded, but are you disagreeing with what I said? Her goal might not be to be skinny, but to say, "I don't have the body to be skinny" (her exact words) is just plain stupid. She might take her body in a different direction for any number of reasons that are her own business, but I'm pretty sure what people are against (in the numerous posts since) is the IDEA that people don't have the body to be skinny if they have that desire.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Lol we all want to be skinny... Don't kid yourself.
    But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose!

You assume a lot.

Nope. I don't.
    Skinny to me doesn't mean stick thin it means, fit, small, healthy.
    Makes me laugh.
    "Oh, I don't even want to be small"
    Umm ya, you do. You want to so badly you have to convince yourself you don't to make yourself feel better.
    Some people use denial or set themselves up to fail so they can say "they didn't even want to in the first place"
    That's all I see.

Ever play rugby? That's 8 people a side who don't want to be small.

Lacrosse? American Football? Heavy weight wrestling/boxing/mma/powerlifting/weightlifting/etc?

Enjoy being weak. That's not to say that small or skinny folks can't be strong, but if you're so short sighted that all you can see if your own goals and can't comprehend that people might not think like you do...then you are most definitely weak.

Calm yourself.
    Nope I have never played any of those sports beside Lacrosse when I was 8, hehe.
    I am so weak, you are right.... lol.
    That's why I ride a 1400 pound horse and run 15 km, must be so!

I am talking about "skinny" as a frame of mind, ie, I want to be the best and healthiest I can be.
    And laughing at the same time, it is called sarcasm.
    You have identified my problems in life, I am narrow minded :(
    I have no friends :(
    Nobody likes me :(
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fantastic measures of strength you have.

MTE
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

LOL!!

What?

:laugh:

Just think on it a while. Maybe it'll sink in. Eventually.
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

Why do you assume that wasn't my intention? I'm not sure what else the gif is for except to seem obnoxious.

Hell, that's what all of my gifs are for.
    LMAO, well, that's totally different, then. Carry on.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

• shiers1981
    Options
    I totally agree with this post. From the day I was born I was bigger than my peers and I don't think any amount of exercise or healthy eating is going to change the build of my body. I too just want to be as healthy as I can be and I think as long as I keep working hard and eating properly I will get there. :)
  • Achrya
    Options

I didn't realize this had blown up by the time I responded, but are you disagreeing with what I said? Her goal might not be to be skinny, but to say, "I don't have the body to be skinny" (her exact words) is just plain stupid. She might take her body in a different direction for any number of reasons that are her own business, but I'm pretty sure what people are against (in the numerous posts since) is the IDEA that people don't have the body to be skinny if they have that desire.

Skinny is subjective. My body isn't able to fit my idea of skinny. So yes, I am disagreeing.
This discussion has been closed.