No Skinny For This Girl

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you're happy and healthy with where you're at or where you're going, more power to you.

ET, go home.

et-phone-home.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Ah, the accusation of jealousy. The argument tactic of the deficient debater.

We have a few mutual friends that tell me she is jealous. I trust them.

Careful now. We all have mutual friends who say things. We wouldn't want to start a pissing match.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Wait, so all the women here aren't trying to get thigh gap?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I hate this post, that is all.

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.

Because she could have posted about what she wants without saying she doesn't want to be skinny. Why else mention skinny other than to put it down.

She didn't put anything down. All she said is that is not her goal. If that's your goal, fine. Nothing against you.

When people talk about their goal why talk about what's not your goal?

Maybe she doesn't want to be a ballerina either or a 100 other things, why not put that?

Because it's popular to pick on skinny.

Nobody is picking on skinny. She is just saying that her goal is different than what society might dictate or want for her. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just different.

No she isn't 'just saying' that at all.

I never ever want to be fat or obese, I don't create posts like that because it's rude, insulting and unnecessary

I would like to take a minute to comment on my OWN POST.
    To the person I have quoted, feel free to excuse yourself from my post. You have grossly twisted my words and turned them around maliciously on me. Nowhere in my words did I "bash" skinny people. Nowhere in my post did I say skinny was bad. I simply stated my goals: I don't want to be one of those super skinny women. I want to, as it has been said already, embrace my build, embrace my curves, and work for a muscular body. I am not saying skinny women can't be strong. I am very close to skinny women who are stronger than I am. So, even though I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, stop causing drama and let this site be the uplifting place it should be.

To everyone else, thank you for the support. Thank you for voicing your opinions and holding up the characteristics that this site was build on. I salute all of you.

To all of the skinny, strong women, MORE POWER TO YOU! That is fantastic! I am honestly not being sarcastic or anything here. I'm sure your bodies are wonderful, and as long as you are happy that way, you go get it sister!

All in all, everyone has a body type they want. Mine happens to be what I stated. That doesn't mean I'm "bashing" any other body types. Everyone is different, and everyone will feel beautiful to themselves with a different body type. The main thing is that we all keep working to get to those hot bods! :)

Peace and blessin's.

Excuse myself from your post?... is this on your own private forum? Gosh how did I stumble in here?

Oh no, looks like it's still good old mfp public forum.

Where's Hildy J to defend the OP and preach the good word of "Why don't you just ignore it if you don't like it?" anyway? Why is she never around when it seems like she's actually be useful?

Aww you again, you really have taken a liking to me, you were off to lift weights but you couldn't resist in staying a while longer to respond to me again.

I am flattered!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Careful now. We all have mutual friends who say things. We wouldn't want to start a pissing match.

Are we going for distance or accuracy?
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    OP - Good for you and good luck on getting more athletic.

Isn't "skinny" a relative term? Heck I hear people all the time tell me how "skinny" I have gotten over the past year. I thank them and laugh to myself. I have never been and will never be skinny. I am more fit than I have ever been but the last time I was skinny was....never.

Thanks for the post OP. Puts it into perspective for me. :)
  • jenn_boomz
    jenn_boomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, don't worry, you can have big, muscly thighs and still have thigh gap.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have broad shoulders, and my hips are 36 inches. You don't have to be skinny to be healthy. But don't use your build as an excuse to be overweight and unhealthy. That is all.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Are we going for distance or accuracy?

I'm pretty sure total volume will be the deciding factor.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Ah, the continued accusations of jealousy. The argument tactic of the continued deficient debater. At least you're consistent, very, very consistent.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.

Because she could have posted about what she wants without saying she doesn't want to be skinny. Why else mention skinny other than to put it down.

She didn't put anything down. All she said is that is not her goal. If that's your goal, fine. Nothing against you.

Maybe she doesn't want to be a ballerina either or a 100 other things, why not put that?

Nobody is picking on skinny. She is just saying that her goal is different than what society might dictate or want for her. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just different.

I never ever want to be fat or obese, I don't create posts like that because it's rude, insulting and unnecessary

To the person I have quoted, feel free to excuse yourself from my post. You have grossly twisted my words and turned them around maliciously on me. Nowhere in my words did I "bash" skinny people. Nowhere in my post did I say skinny was bad. I simply stated my goals: I don't want to be one of those super skinny women. I want to, as it has been said already, embrace my build, embrace my curves, and work for a muscular body. I am not saying skinny women can't be strong. I am very close to skinny women who are stronger than I am. So, even though I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, stop causing drama and let this site be the uplifting place it should be.

To everyone else, thank you for the support. Thank you for voicing your opinions and holding up the characteristics that this site was build on. I salute all of you.

To all of the skinny, strong women, MORE POWER TO YOU! That is fantastic! I am honestly not being sarcastic or anything here. I'm sure your bodies are wonderful, and as long as you are happy that way, you go get it sister!

All in all, everyone has a body type they want. Mine happens to be what I stated. That doesn't mean I'm "bashing" any other body types. Everyone is different, and everyone will feel beautiful to themselves with a different body type. The main thing is that we all keep working to get to those hot bods! :)

Peace and blessin's.

Excuse myself from your post?... is this on your own private forum? Gosh how did I stumble in here?

Where's Hildy J to defend the OP and preach the good word of "Why don't you just ignore it if you don't like it?" anyway? Why is she never around when it seems like she's actually be useful?

Aww you again, you really have taken a liking to me, you were off to lift weights but you couldn't resist in staying a while longer to respond to me again.

I am flattered!

I'm glad. I'm here to help boost the self-esteem of even the most paranoid and overly offended.

And what can I say, I find your responses impossible to resist. You're just doing so much for me this morning; the weight room isn't going anywhere. I've always kind of had a liking for playing with people who don't make sense. It's kind a weakness of mine. Some people...they just post things and I smile.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    anyone can be lean. pretty stupid post tbh
  • adepko
    adepko Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Then why take the time to reply?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why?

Peace and blessin's.

I am flattered!

I'm glad. I'm here to help boost the self-esteem of even the most paranoid and overly offended.

And what can I say, I find your responses impossible to resist. You're just doing so much for me this morning; the weight room isn't going anywhere.

YAY I'm so happy you're staying, tell me more, my self esteem is growing rapidly : )

What's next, a FR?

Oh please, please let that be possible
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Ah, the continued accusations of jealousy. The argument tactic of the continued deficient debater. At least you're consistent, very, very consistent.

I'm just waiting for names because "The mutual friends told me so", is kind of a cop-out.
  • Achrya
    Options

Lean: (of a person or animal) thin, esp. healthily so; having no superfluous fat.

Skinny: resembling skin : membranous
    a : lacking sufficient flesh : very thin : emaciated
    b : lacking usual or desirable bulk, quantity, qualities, or significance

http://www.merriam-webster.com/
  • Achrya
    Options

Why?

Peace and blessin's.

I am flattered!

And what can I say, I find your responses impossible to resist. You're just doing so much for me this morning; the weight room isn't going anywhere.

YAY I'm so happy you're staying, tell me more, my self esteem is growing rapidly : )

What's next, a FR?

Oh please, please let that be possible

Sure! I have lots of friends with different goals than myself and I support and appreciate all of them and the varying views they bring to my life. I've made plenty of friends with people I've argued with around here; it's not in my nature to take things to heart or get upset.

FR incoming. :happy:
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned - do not post a "personal" goal in the MFP forums. It's too bad arrogance, ignorance, and trollishness doesn't burn calories or a couple people on this thread would have had a couple weeks worth of workouts in.
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is ummm how do I say it? Crazy!? Ladies, calm down, who so serious?

I understand how the OP feels, I have always had big hips, butt,boobs. Also with some extra belly fat to go along with it.

After losing 30 some lbs, people consider me "skinny" or "thin"
    I don't identify as skinny, not because I think anything is wrong with being skinny. In my fantasies I am 5'10" 120 lbs and walking the catwalk, but guess what I'm not. I'm 5'6" 140lbs, with big hips and wiping snotty noses, cleaning toilets and making dinner for my family.

My body is strong, well stronger.

I think when you've been over weight it's hard to see yourself as "skinny" .Once OP reaches her goal, she will probably be surprised how people see her. When someone refers to me as thin, it confuses me. I know I'm not over weight, but to me skinny means 100lbs. And at the same time I know that's a screwed way of thinking, but I know a lot people feel the same way.
  • adepko
    adepko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is ummm how do I say it? Crazy!? Ladies, calm down, who so serious?

I understand how the OP feels, I have always had big hips, butt,boobs. Also with some extra belly fat to go along with it.

After losing 30 some lbs, people consider me "skinny" or "thin"
    I don't identify as skinny, not because I think anything is wrong with being skinny. In my fantasies I am 5'10" 120 lbs and walking the catwalk, but guess what I'm not. I'm 5'6" 140lbs, with big hips and wiping snotty noses, cleaning toilets and making dinner for my family.

My body is strong, well stronger.

I think when you've been over weight it's hard to see yourself as "skinny" .Once OP reaches her goal, she will probably be surprised how people see her. When someone refers to me as thin, it confuses me. I know I'm not over weight, but to me skinny means 100lbs. And at the same time I know that's a screwed way of thinking, but I know a lot people feel the same way.

This is fantastic. Love it!
This discussion has been closed.