No Skinny For This Girl

Options
I'm not here to be skinny. I don't have the body to be skinny. I have broad shoulders, big thighs, big hips, and a big butt. I always will. I'm built to be strong. I'm built to be athletic. That's what I want to achieve. Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I hate this post, that is all.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post. And agree completely! When the inevitable zombie invasion happens I want to be able to out run, out wrestle, and out climb them! :drinker:
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think that's a GREAT outlook! I'm not looking for skinny, I'm looking for HEALTHY. I'm quite fond of my curves, I just want to be fit enough to keep up with my son feel great. I can look good at any size :o)
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.
  • kristenizerr
    kristenizerr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all. And before worrying about whether or not you can be buff or thin, you should focus on losing extra fat first because that is what is unhealthy for your body. A lot of people get caught up on that thought when for now the main focus should be losing the fat, helping your heart and body and then worrying about how tone or thin you can get. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone wanted to be toned and muscular over being thin, if both are done in a healthy manner.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I am not here to get skinny but if I lose weight becoming healthy... woohoo! Healthy doesnt have a number. Healthy is being able to breathe normally when playing outside with your children or animals. Healthy is being able to take the stairs instead of the elevator and not feeling like you are going to keel over. Healthy is eating food for fuel not for comfort. Healthy is feeling beautiful as you look in the mirror.

That said .... kudos to you!
  • IndigoRey
    Options
    yup and I think this whole skinny obsession is created by these stupid male fashion designers who want women's body to be like a stick

love your body the way it is..exercise and eat well enough...and all is good...

I too have a med-large frame and have always admired men and women who look "strong"
  • adepko
    adepko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Why might that be?
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. Agree 100%. I'm working to be fit and healthy, being "skinny" is just a benefit of it. Skinny isn't all it's cracked up to be. I know a lot of "skinny" people I can out run and out lift. I wanna be able to handle my ish :-)
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post. And agree completely! When the inevitable zombie invasion happens I want to be able to out run, out wrestle, and out climb them! :drinker:
    Sweet, you're totally on my ZAST (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team). I'll be right behind you :bigsmile:
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This point of MFP is to help you reach your personal goals, and if those are yours, so be it! I'm also with you...I'll take lean and muscular/athletic over skinny any day :)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Sweet, you're totally on my ZAST (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team). I'll be right behind you :bigsmile:
    LOL...love it
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude and I completely agree!!! I'm not trying to get skinny, either...I'd just like to achieve a healthy weight.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'm working to be stronger and then eventually thicker (wasn't Blessed with the big booty and thighs :( )...Leaning out first and then adding on! Rock on with your Awesome attitude!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    What a load of old tosh.

I have broad shoulders and wide childbearing hips and guess what??? I'm skinny!! I'm also strong and lean with lots of muscle.

Taa daa!!
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all. And before worrying about whether or not you can be buff or thin, you should focus on losing extra fat first because that is what is unhealthy for your body. A lot of people get caught up on that thought when for now the main focus should be losing the fat, helping your heart and body and then worrying about how tone or thin you can get. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone wanted to be toned and muscular over being thin, if both are done in a healthy manner.

actually, pretty sure you can work on "Tone" before you even lose a ton of fat. Strength Training does numbers for a persons "tone" while burning fat at the same time. I'd much rather work on my "tone" while im losing weight, then lose a ton of weight and have a load of excessive skin. Endurance and strength are just as important as "losing the fat". and having a HEALTHY attitude overall doesn't hurt.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.

Because she could have posted about what she wants without saying she doesn't want to be skinny. Why else mention skinny other than to put it down.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Wrong. I know Stacy well and she is very lean and fit. What she is saying - as have others in this thread - is a woman can still be "skinny" regardless of what hand the genetic lottery dealt her. Sure, some are more inclined towards adding muscle than others (true for men as well as women) and some are predisposed to look skinnier yada yada yada. Point is that automatically saying you can't do something because your body isn't built that way is an excuse that is wrong as often as it's right.
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Agree totally! My days of being a size 6 are long behind me. I want to be healthier, feel great, and look good in stylish clothes, and I don't have to be skinny to do any of those. If my goal was to "be skinny," I would have given up before I even started. I like having curves, just want to make sure they're in the right place and there aren't too many of them, lol.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    People call me skinny all the time, and it doesn't bother me because they also call me strong. I am strong. I like having 20% body fat and no "curves". I also like being able to run marathons and bike 100 miles at a time. Extra fat is not healthy. A healthy amount of fat is healthy, and if that means I am "skinny" then so be it :-)

Regarding the old "I have a big frame" debate - maybe you do, but that MAYBE gives you an extra few - 5 pounds. An adult female skeleton weighs about 20 pounds, give or take for height and bone density. It's not going to weigh 40 pounds no matter how big your "frame" is.
This discussion has been closed.