Options
    I hate this post, that is all.

• Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.

Because she could have posted about what she wants without saying she doesn't want to be skinny. Why else mention skinny other than to put it down.

She didn't put anything down. All she said is that is not her goal. If that's your goal, fine. Nothing against you.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I wanna be skinny! (hence the name, haha)

I have broad shoulders and large "great-for-childbearing-hips", as my doc calls them. You would think that I was meant to be thick and I do look big-boned. However, because I was once very thin, I know that I have the ability to be a skinny chick. Hopefully history really does repeat itself and by me working towards a healthier lifestyle, I will achieve a leaner body in the process (fingers crossed!). I will put in the effort and change the way I eat.

Hard work and determination goes a long way. It's nice to not have a goal to just be skinny, but to be healthy as well. We may all have different aesthetic goals, but what we all have in common here on MFP (hopefully) is the drive to be healthy/healthier.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

I hate this post,that is all.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why?

I love that you have a realistic outlook. You know what your body is capable of and you are making the best of it. I too have broad shoulders and although I've never been athletic, it's nice to think I could be that.

Because she could have posted about what she wants without saying she doesn't want to be skinny. Why else mention skinny other than to put it down.

She didn't put anything down. All she said is that is not her goal. If that's your goal, fine. Nothing against you.

When people talk about their goal why talk about what's not your goal?

Maybe she doesn't want to be a ballerina either or a 100 other things, why not put that?

Because it's popular to pick on skinny.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all. And before worrying about whether or not you can be buff or thin, you should focus on losing extra fat first because that is what is unhealthy for your body. A lot of people get caught up on that thought when for now the main focus should be losing the fat, helping your heart and body and then worrying about how tone or thin you can get. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone wanted to be toned and muscular over being thin, if both are done in a healthy manner.

Wrong. I know Stacy well and she is very lean and fit. What she is saying - as have others in this thread - is a woman can still be "skinny" regardless of what hand the genetic lottery dealt her. Sure, some are more inclined towards adding muscle than others (true for men as well as women) and some are predisposed to look skinnier yada yada yada. Point is that automatically saying you can't do something because your body isn't built that way is an excuse that is wrong as often as it's right.

I don't want to be skinny either. Problem?

post-19250-Archer-Deal-with-it-gif-JWdp.gif
  • Achrya
    Options

I hate this post,that is all.

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post. And agree completely! When the inevitable zombie invasion happens I want to be able to out run, out wrestle, and out climb them! :drinker:
    Sweet, you're totally on my ZAST (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team). I'll be right behind you :bigsmile:
    LOL...love it

It's done! I am writing up the ZAST corporate goals as we speak! Who wants to be treasurer? :bigsmile:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Why?

And if I made a post titled "No Fat For This Girl" ?
  • elguapoloco
    elguapoloco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You nailed it. skinny does not equal fit, which is by far a much better guage of true health. I started mfp with no exercise and just followed a calorie regiment. After incorporating good workouts and good nutrition to actually get fit, my weight goals are in sight, but I don't know that I'll ever make "skinny" :)
  • Justifier
    Options

Why?

Maybe she doesn't want to be a ballerina either or a 100 other things, why not put that?

Nobody is picking on skinny. She is just saying that her goal is different than what society might dictate or want for her. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just different.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Why?

Exactly
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Pshhh... an athletically built woman is where it's at!
  • Achrya
    Options

Why?

I imagine a lot of women would come in and say 'good for you!' since a good number of people are here for the sole purpose of not being fat anymore. Threads like "Tired of being the fat friend' "Don't want to be the funny fat girl" happen every day. A person's individual desire to not look a certain way isn't offensive, so long as they aren't saying that the body type they don't aspire to isn't disgusting, gross, ugly, etc.

Do you even go here?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Why?

Nobody is picking on skinny. She is just saying that her goal is different than what society might dictate or want for her. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just different.

No she isn't 'just saying' that at all.

I never ever want to be fat or obese, I don't create posts like that because it's rude, insulting and unnecessary
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I spent my first 25 years being skinny, and I have no desire to be skinny again. My skinny body weighed under 110 pounds. My healthy body has a lean mass alone of about 110 pounds. It's not a realistic or healthy goal for me to weigh that little again.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I bet she hates it because anyone can be "skinny" and "lean" if they eat the right way and do the right exercises. A lot of women, and people in general, use the "build" of their body as an excuse to why they aren't even going to try to be "thin" or to lose weight at all. And before worrying about whether or not you can be buff or thin, you should focus on losing extra fat first because that is what is unhealthy for your body. A lot of people get caught up on that thought when for now the main focus should be losing the fat, helping your heart and body and then worrying about how tone or thin you can get. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone wanted to be toned and muscular over being thin, if both are done in a healthy manner.

Wrong. I know Stacy well and she is very lean and fit. What she is saying - as have others in this thread - is a woman can still be "skinny" regardless of what hand the genetic lottery dealt her. Sure, some are more inclined towards adding muscle than others (true for men as well as women) and some are predisposed to look skinnier yada yada yada. Point is that automatically saying you can't do something because your body isn't built that way is an excuse that is wrong as often as it's right.

I don't want to be skinny either. Problem?

post-19250-Archer-Deal-with-it-gif-JWdp.gif

No. I could not care less what your goals are or aren't. I'm just correcting a misconception about my friend's post.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    I'm not here to be skinny. I don't have the body to be skinny. I have broad shoulders, big thighs, big hips, and a big butt. I always will. I'm built to be strong. I'm built to be athletic. That's what I want to achieve. Anyone else feel the same?

postivie outlook! i am right there with you.. keep it up and you will achieve whatever it is you want! as of lately i have been called skinny and i don't like it.
  • Justifier
    Options

Why?

I imagine a lot of women would come in and say 'good for you!' since a good number of people are here for the sole purpose of not being fat anymore. Threads like "Tired of being the fat friend' "Don't want to be the funny fat girl" happen every day. A person's individual desire to not look a certain way isn't offensive, so long as they aren't saying that the body type they don't aspire to isn't disgusting, gross, ugly, etc.

Do you even go here?

Exactly this. If someone's goal was to not be fat, I would be fine with that too. Everyone is entitled to their own desires for themselves. No one is saying "fat people are..." or "skinny people are..." they are saying "I want..."
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Why?

So what if someone posts that they don't want to be fat? Is that picking on fat people?

:noway:
This discussion has been closed.