I hate this post, that is all.

I hate this post,that is all.

• plasticrich
    plasticrich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am a guy who is overweight. been in shape but do to a illness and the medication thats needed to fight it gained over 70lbs. I also am a martial arts instructor and would much rather be strong and in shape than skinny. rather be like arnold or slyvestor stallone than justin beiber. love your attitude to h*** to all the lolllipop[ size 1 girls.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why would anyone that is skinny or not overweight want to create a post/thread about how they don't want to be fat/obese?

It just doesn't make any sense, what would anyone be trying to achieve with that?? To show off? To make fat people feel crap? I can't see anything positive that would come of it.

Please feel free to tell me what I'm missing...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12716-1369949373-1_zpsb5986943.gif

Wow what a hilarious and intelligent response!

If only I could be as original as you *sigh*
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post. And agree completely! When the inevitable zombie invasion happens I want to be able to out run, out wrestle, and out climb them! :drinker:
    Sweet, you're totally on my ZAST (Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team). I'll be right behind you :bigsmile:
    LOL...love it

LMAO - you guys are killin' me!!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I hate that mentality, honestly. "My body will never be like that, so **** it" :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PBT, you be quiet. I've always been skinny but I'm still strong and capable in advanced yoga, handstand push ups, swimming, climbing trees and so on. I suck at running but that's about it.

* all I'm trying to say is that skinny people are still capable of athletic ability.

Really? Always? Gosh, would never have known.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Why would anyone that is skinny or not overweight want to create a post/thread about how they don't want to be fat/obese?

It just doesn't make any sense, what would anyone be trying to achieve with that?? To show off? To make fat people feel crap? I can't see anything positive that would come of it.

To seek other people with the same goal, the same as anything else.

"I lost X amount of pounds and never going back", (looking for friends also in maintenance) is not an uncommon theme around here.

I've tried to explain my point, clearly I haven't done a very good job as you're repeating yourself. Your examples are not what I'm talking about!

But my examples are exactly what this thread is about. The OP is looking for other women who share her goal, just the same as someone who is not overweight would seek out people who share their goals or someone who is underweight and gaining is seeking people who share those goals.

It's not that you aren't explaining yourself well, it's just that I refuse to veer away from what the OP is doing to play the "But it's so Offensive!' game with you. OP doesn't want to be skinny because that's her preference. She wants friends who share the preference. That's all.

I'm sorry I didn't realise you thought I was playing a game. This is my opinion.

Bye.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Speaking for myself I believe men like women with curves! That shouldn't be what drives you to be what you want, I'm just saying. :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I hate that mentality, honestly. "My body will never be like that, so **** it" :huh:

My body will never be any taller, white, have a small tush, or have small boobs (barring medical intervention). Why do you hate a mentality that acknowledges that people are different?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I hate that mentality, too! Good thing OP said:
    I'm built to be strong. I'm built to be athletic. That's what I want to achieve.
    I always love to see people worry less about appearance and arbitrary numbers and more on fitness :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Speaking for myself I believe men like women with curves! That shouldn't be what drives you to be what you want, I'm just saying. :love:

let me fix that for you....... YOU like women with curves. Unless you are saying you all share one brain that happens to be residing in your head and are speaking for all men, that is. :wink:
  • Achrya
    Options

To seek other people with the same goal, the same as anything else.

"I lost X amount of pounds and never going back", (looking for friends also in maintenance) is not an uncommon theme around here.

I've tried to explain my point, clearly I haven't done a very good job as you're repeating yourself. Your examples are not what I'm talking about!

But my examples are exactly what this thread is about. The OP is looking for other women who share her goal, just the same as someone who is not overweight would seek out people who share their goals or someone who is underweight and gaining is seeking people who share those goals.

It's not that you aren't explaining yourself well, it's just that I refuse to veer away from what the OP is doing to play the "But it's so Offensive!' game with you. OP doesn't want to be skinny because that's her preference. She wants friends who share the preference. That's all.

I'm sorry I didn't realise you thought I was playing a game. This is my opinion.

Bye.

I like it when people flounce. Makes me smile.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i am a guy who is overweight. been in shape but do to a illness and the medication thats needed to fight it gained over 70lbs. I also am a martial arts instructor and would much rather be strong and in shape than skinny. rather be like arnold or slyvestor stallone than justin beiber. love your attitude to h*** to all the lolllipop[ size 1 girls.

skinny....now now here's a post you're more than welcome to get all worked up about. You wanna be all offended and have no one disagree with you, there you have it. And no one will be providing logical, rational arguments to refute your paranoia. Have at it!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Welcome to the land of My Fitness Pal forums. People get butthurt about things rather easily. Just check out the "You are fat" thread. There's at least 4 of these kinds of threads a day, added into threads containing misinformation, hilarious troll posts and GIFs galore. Really the best thing to do is just sit back and watch the drama unfold.

This is the whole reason I'm on the forums. On a side note. I support OP in her decisions as her decisions affect her and her alone. Random reader for the lulz, bowing out.
  • Achrya
    Options

let me fix that for you....... YOU like women with curves. Unless you are saying you all share one brain that happens to be residing in your head and are speaking for all men, that is. :wink:

Now you know that the man hybrid brain is not in their heads.

Not the top one, anyway.
    Options

Whoa, now. I have curves and am strong. My pants size does NOT define me.
    Options

Now you know that the man hybrid brain is not in their heads.

Not the top one, anyway.

hahaha, I was trying to be a little nice.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    PBT, you be quiet. I've always been skinny but I'm still strong and capable in advanced yoga, handstand push ups, swimming, climbing trees and so on. I suck at running but that's about it.

* all I'm trying to say is that skinny people are still capable of athletic ability.

Really? Always? Gosh, would never have known.

Quit being jealous, it's obvious to everyone.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I agree...that mentality is for losers who always come up with an excuse why they can't improve themselves or their life, it's always someone else's fault.
    Don't give up before you try. It's just another excuse to NOT go after what you want. That goes for anything, not just exercise.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

:noway: Because THAT'S what she said

OP, good on you for starting your journey.
This discussion has been closed.