What do women really want in a guy?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think "struggling" is where the strength comes from, though. It comes from each person giving everything they have. Rich or poor, if you don't have total commitment to each other, you don't have anything. A financial struggle is not necessary, let alone ideal, for a strong marriage. Money can't buy happiness, but life is certainly a lot easier when you don't wake up every day worrying about whether or not you can afford to eat lunch.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Most girls I've dated act like they want a girlfriend that is male.

Lmao! In a perfect world.....:drinker:

Same goes for guys too. Want a best bud where the right pieces interlock. Still think guys chase tail way too much!

I go fishing with my husband. Does that count?
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Most girls I've dated act like they want a girlfriend that is male.

Mmm..you might be on to something here
    :laugh: :tongue:
  • dirtydiscolady
    Options
    What do women really want in a guy?
    For the man to love my inner beauty as well as my outer beauty
    To respect me and live for only me.

and for them to have a big one :bigsmile:
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Finances play a part for most women imo. Not all, I do believe some women truly don' care and I don't want to lump everyone into one group. I'm speaking of women on the whole. I've seen enough couples where there is noway in hell the guy would have a shot at his wife/gf if he wasn't banking some cash. This is not an indictment of women, or a cut. I just believe women are wired a certain way and they don't find being poor sexy. Of course the reply from many is going to be that they married young and money didn't matter at the time. But the difference is, when you are young you have time to make things better and this hope can calm financial anxieties. Finances are one of, if not the biggest reasons for divorce.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting security, but you will know the heart of your mate when money is tight. A good spouse will stick though the bad times and enjoy the good times with you.

Honestly, financial security for women is the counter part what beauty is for men.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Finances play a part for most women imo. Not all, I do believe some women truly don' care and I don't want to lump everyone into one group. I'm speaking of women on the whole. I've seen enough couples where there is noway in hell the guy would have a shot at his wife/gf if he wasn't banking some cash. This is not an indictment of women, or a cut. I just believe women are wired a certain way and they don't find being poor sexy. Of course the reply from many is going to be that they married young and money didn't matter at the time. But the difference is, when you are young you have time to make things better and this hope can calm financial anxieties. Finances are one of, if not the biggest reasons for divorce.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting security, but you will know the heart of your mate when money is tight. A good spouse will stick though the bad times and enjoy the good times with you.

Honestly, financial security for women is the counter part what beauty is for men.

this made mu chuckle..LOL
    they don't find being poor sexy.

Let's just say I would like to use candles in the home because they are sexy..pretty.....not because we can't pay our electric/PSEG bill..LOL

SHOW ME THE MONEY
    :embarassed: :laugh: ..joking...a little...:wink:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

For the most part, I agree with this. As for sticking with a spouse through lean times, it depends on the reason. If he got laid off and has been trying very hard to get another job but isn't having much luck, then yeah. A woman who really loves him will stick it out and support him in whatever way he needs. If he got fired because he frequently showed up to work late and/or hungover and decided to sit on his rear end for a while and not look for another job, any sensible woman (ESPECIALLY if there are children in the picture) would give him an ultimatum: grow up or get out.

This is why most woman find money to be a positive thing. Yes, there are absolutely women who only see expensive cars and fancy jewelry and oversized mansions, but most women are not that way. For me personally, I believe there are things you inherently know about a man with ambition and a strong work ethic. You know he's a good leader, he's responsible, he's dependable, he does what he has to do to get the job done, and those are qualities I'm looking for in a husband.

And in no way do I think "financial security" is to women what beauty is to men. I'm not looking for financial security for myself. I already have that; I worked hard in school to get a great job, and I've worked hard at my job to make sure I can support myself and do what I want to do in my free time. That part of my life is set; but I am not about to legally and financially become responsible for and accountable to another person who has a ton of debt, is always between jobs, has no savings, and whose financial future looks pretty bleak. That would be stupid, especially considering that I want to have children. If he's really a good man, he would see it as his duty to get a real job and work as hard as he can to do his part in providing for his family.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

For the most part, I agree with this. As for sticking with a spouse through lean times, it depends on the reason. If he got laid off and has been trying very hard to get another job but isn't having much luck, then yeah. A woman who really loves him will stick it out and support him in whatever way he needs. If he got fired because he frequently showed up to work late and/or hungover and decided to sit on his rear end for a while and not look for another job, any sensible woman (ESPECIALLY if there are children in the picture) would give him an ultimatum: grow up or get out.

This is why most woman find money to be a positive thing. Yes, there are absolutely women who only see expensive cars and fancy jewelry and oversized mansions, but most women are not that way. For me personally, I believe there are things you inherently know about a man with ambition and a strong work ethic. You know he's a good leader, he's responsible, he's dependable, he does what he has to do to get the job done, and those are qualities I'm looking for in a husband.

And in no way do I think "financial security" is to women what beauty is to men. I'm not looking for financial security for myself. I already have that; I worked hard in school to get a great job, and I've worked hard at my job to make sure I can support myself and do what I want to do in my free time. That part of my life is set; but I am not about to legally and financially become responsible for and accountable to another person who has a ton of debt, is always between jobs, has no savings, and whose financial future looks pretty bleak. That would be stupid, especially considering that I want to have children. If he's really a good man, he would see it as his duty to get a real job and work as hard as he can to do his part in providing for his family.

When I say "financial security", I'm not meaning rich. I'm talking about not having to worry too much about necessities and having a few bucks left over. Basically not being paycheck to paycheck.

I agree, I think we are on the same page as you said. Women like you are why I didn't include all women in my post.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you rely on money to attract women you'll only ever end up with the wrong sort of woman and half your money gone. It's the same with women who only go after attractive jerks and then wonder why the jerk messes them around.

Based on my relationship women want a man who can fix anything from a car to a toilet to a broken TV. :p
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I dont' believe in evolution, so that link was a joke to me, however, it did have some good points. GOD created man to be the provider, the protector, the head of household, to love and protect his family. He instilled those competitive and possessive drives in men. GOD created woman to be his helper. which is why women have the helping, nourishing instinct. Even though I work full time, I still feel the need to take care of my husband. It's instilled in me. No matter how hard any man or woman trys to fight those instincts, at the end of the day they are still going to be there.

Just my beliefs and opinions! you don't have to agree, just thought i would share my thoughts!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    You can a HUGE list of what you want but that all goes out the window when you meet "the One". THere are things we'd like but none of those things really mattered once I fell in love.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I dont' believe in evolution, so that link was a joke to me, however, it did have some good points. GOD created man to be the provider, the protector, the head of household, to love and protect his family. He instilled those competitive and possessive drives in men. GOD created woman to be his helper. which is why women have the helping, nourishing instinct. Even though I work full time, I still feel the need to take care of my husband. It's instilled in me. No matter how hard any man or woman trys to fight those instincts, at the end of the day they are still going to be there.

Just my beliefs and opinions! you don't have to agree, just thought i would share my thoughts!

Yes.
    God also states that if a man REFUSES to work then there are consequences.
    I think it is more about an attitude than an actual monetary figure in his wallet.
    My husband and I met right after our divorces and to say it was a lean time would be an understatement.
    And while we've crawled out of our financial holes and he does make decent $, one of the main attributes that attracted me to him was his WILLINGNESS to go to work, earn money and be responsible.
    I think the word "security" sums it up best.
    For a period before we were married, I worked full time and he cared for our kids on his off days (he's a firefighter and works 24 on/48 off). We both said many times during this period that I would much rather stay home and take care of the kids and he would much rather be at work.
    So I believe that God created us each for a purpose.