Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Who cares about what me and Adam said about starting at 70 lbs?

If you watch Bret Contreras video on youtube he actually tells people to start with body weight. What I stated was only my opinion and nothing else. FOR ME, starting with 95 lbs was right. For me 135 lbs with good form now almost feels like air. I am not exaggerating; after going really heavy it feels super light.

Do whatever you want but eventually you will want to push yourself. Too many people are just going through the motions and you can tell. If you are doing the same weight after a month then you are not pushing yourself..... I can be as judgmental, critical as I like... I don't need someone's permission. My thoughts are my own.

If it takes you a month to get from body weight to a 25 lbs hip thrust then that is not normal. Sorry.
    do you realize no one asked YOU to be the judge of how hard they are/ are not working? Get over yourself. You DO NOT know everything.

No one asked me but I still have the right to judge... I judge people every freakin day... Most people judge others either consciously or even unconsciously. There is no law against it. No one has to ask me to be the judge of anything; I do it of my own free will :) I have every right to; it's a free country.

It doesn't matter if no one asked me to be the judge of how hard they are working.... Do you think i need their permission? lol... My thoughts are my OWN. I'll judge and criticize whomever I want....

Are you sure you are old enough to be on here?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    16hkvmh.jpg

tumblr_m5ozdb2JLO1qcwic6.gif

n14jcVB.gif

JudgingYou.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    16hkvmh.jpg

tumblr_m5ozdb2JLO1qcwic6.gif

n14jcVB.gif

JudgingYou.gif

vePy7EZ.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    amanda-bynes-judge.gif?w=640&h=438

dDgTQ71.gif

lol. Awesome follow up Otter!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

dDgTQ71.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is one of my favorite gifs, GifMaster Joy.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

dDgTQ71.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

That is one of my favorite gifs, GifMaster Joy.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Otter and Joy are my .gif heroes :heart: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • jstarz002
    Options

If you watch Bret Contreras video on youtube he actually tells people to start with body weight. What I stated was only my opinion and nothing else. FOR ME, starting with 95 lbs was right. For me 135 lbs with good form now almost feels like air. I am not exaggerating; after going really heavy it feels super light.

Do whatever you want but eventually you will want to push yourself. Too many people are just going through the motions and you can tell. If you are doing the same weight after a month then you are not pushing yourself..... I can be as judgmental, critical as I like... I don't need someone's permission. My thoughts are my own.

If it takes you a month to get from body weight to a 25 lbs hip thrust then that is not normal. Sorry.
    do you realize no one asked YOU to be the judge of how hard they are/ are not working? Get over yourself. You DO NOT know everything.

No one asked me but I still have the right to judge... I judge people every freakin day... Most people judge others either consciously or even unconsciously. There is no law against it. No one has to ask me to be the judge of anything; I do it of my own free will :) I have every right to; it's a free country.

It doesn't matter if no one asked me to be the judge of how hard they are working.... Do you think i need their permission? lol... My thoughts are my OWN. I'll judge and criticize whomever I want....

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum... I'm practically a legend over there....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Apparently you do.

Apparently many of the other posters here did.

You got a problem Sarauk2sf?

post-19148-Puppy-Gets-All-COME-AT-ME-BRO-ZCYR.gif
    1267017487_cat-dog.gif

images-3_zps82609b61.jpeg
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Oh so very in
    tumblr_m79b9kF15s1rxjcz9o1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum...

Okay. Go ahead. :laugh:

Except not sure what that proves because it could be your mom's license. Try it with the name and address uncovered. Might work better? :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum...

No, I don't think that's needed. Thanks though. I think.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for more judging people...

...both awake and asleep, apparently.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    WTF.....Last time I was here I sent a flower and said thank you.....looked like it was going in the right direction and then

BOOM!

I was totally feeling the OP's love for all *kitten* related exercises but DAMN I think someone got banned from bb.com by the sounds of it.

:yawn:
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    In...

...for more judging people...

...both awake and asleep, apparently.

tumblr_lxgbj6fzci1qjvoe8o1_500.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

38c43fcd-eb52-48a6-9e32-7d934e85cf59_zps7784151b.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late but I heard the words "hip thrusts" and I came as fast as I can.
  • jstarz002
    Options

Okay. Go ahead. :laugh:

Except not sure what that proves because it could be your mom's license. Try it with the name and address uncovered. Might work better? :laugh:

Um. I'm 35.... I haven't spoken to my mom since i cut her out of my life at age 18.... am uploading the vid now...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    h0DB66033