Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• jstarz002
    Options
    WTF.....Last time I was here I sent a flower and said thank you.....looked like it was going in the right direction and then

BOOM!

I was totally feeling the OP's love for all *kitten* related exercises but DAMN I think someone got banned from bb.com by the sounds of it.

:yawn:

only banned for a month.. until 10/1 actually
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Who cares about what me and Adam said about starting at 70 lbs?

If you watch Bret Contreras video on youtube he actually tells people to start with body weight. What I stated was only my opinion and nothing else. FOR ME, starting with 95 lbs was right. For me 135 lbs with good form now almost feels like air. I am not exaggerating; after going really heavy it feels super light.

Do whatever you want but eventually you will want to push yourself. Too many people are just going through the motions and you can tell. If you are doing the same weight after a month then you are not pushing yourself..... I can be as judgmental, critical as I like... I don't need someone's permission. My thoughts are my own.

If it takes you a month to get from body weight to a 25 lbs hip thrust then that is not normal. Sorry.
    do you realize no one asked YOU to be the judge of how hard they are/ are not working? Get over yourself. You DO NOT know everything.

No one asked me but I still have the right to judge... I judge people every freakin day... Most people judge others either consciously or even unconsciously. There is no law against it. No one has to ask me to be the judge of anything; I do it of my own free will :) I have every right to; it's a free country.

It doesn't matter if no one asked me to be the judge of how hard they are working.... Do you think i need their permission? lol... My thoughts are my OWN. I'll judge and criticize whomever I want....

Are you sure you are old enough to be on here?

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum...

Okay. Go ahead. :laugh:

Except not sure what that proves because it could be your mom's license. Try it with the name and address uncovered. Might work better? :laugh:

Um. I'm 35.... I haven't spoken to my mom since i cut her out of my life at age 18.... am uploading the vid now...
    someone could use a little humility.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

If you watch Bret Contreras video on youtube he actually tells people to start with body weight. What I stated was only my opinion and nothing else. FOR ME, starting with 95 lbs was right. For me 135 lbs with good form now almost feels like air. I am not exaggerating; after going really heavy it feels super light.

Do whatever you want but eventually you will want to push yourself. Too many people are just going through the motions and you can tell. If you are doing the same weight after a month then you are not pushing yourself..... I can be as judgmental, critical as I like... I don't need someone's permission. My thoughts are my own.

If it takes you a month to get from body weight to a 25 lbs hip thrust then that is not normal. Sorry.
    do you realize no one asked YOU to be the judge of how hard they are/ are not working? Get over yourself. You DO NOT know everything.

No one asked me but I still have the right to judge... I judge people every freakin day... Most people judge others either consciously or even unconsciously. There is no law against it. No one has to ask me to be the judge of anything; I do it of my own free will :) I have every right to; it's a free country.

It doesn't matter if no one asked me to be the judge of how hard they are working.... Do you think i need their permission? lol... My thoughts are my OWN. I'll judge and criticize whomever I want....

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum...

Except not sure what that proves because it could be your mom's license. Try it with the name and address uncovered. Might work better? :laugh:

Um. I'm 35.... I haven't spoken to my mom since i cut her out of my life at age 18.... am uploading the vid now...

Why would you say over 28? Why not just say 35? but still go ahead and do the video without the name and address uncovered so we can verify it's really you :laugh:
  • jstarz002
    Options

Why would you say over 28? Why not just say 35? but still go ahead and do the video without the name and address uncovered so we can verify it's really you :laugh:

Don't know how else to verify.... someone accused me of not being old enough to be on here....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I am over 28.... A lot older than you may think... Want me to make a video saying how to Myfitnesspal and showing my drivers license but with my name and address covered up? I used to do make vids quite often when arguing with peeps and proving myself on Bodybuilding forum... I'm practically a legend over there....

2rmtxye.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

O I C
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Don't know how else to verify.... someone accused me of not being old enough to be on here....

I see someone asking if you were old enough, not accusing. :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

because of the way you answered me...you sounded like a recalcitrant teenager.
  • jstarz002
    Options

I am MORE than old enough
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    VBwQD.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

And as soon as you upload that video we'll believe you.

post-83083-0-92350600-1374459317.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

jlaw-okay.gif
  • jstarz002
    Options

because of the way you answered me...it sounded like a recalcitrant teenager.

Well, I am immature for my age.... I love arguing with people online... video coming right up. And feel free to browse my channel when i post it... plenty of vids of me talking/fighting with people on bb.com and a vid of me singing to Britney Spears too.... oh and deadlifting
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Lots of lols and epic gifs in here.

Just will add been doing hip thrusts and goodmornings like forever...in the bedroom! Giggity!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Because you're "over 28". Right.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

jlaw-okay.gif

Damn, you beat me to it! :laugh:
  • jstarz002
    Options

And as soon as you upload that video we'll believe you.

post-83083-0-92350600-1374459317.gif

It's processing now so keep refreshing... it should work in a few minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVT5acNgttA
  • jstarz002
    Options

Because you're "over 28". Right.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Well. I generally lie about my age but I lie down, not up..... I generally say I am around 28... but I'm actually older :)
  • jstarz002
    Options
    Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVT5acNgttA

I have other vids on my channel showing my face.... I'm not afraid to hide anything....

Let's just say I am over 30.