How can i recover from a 5000 calorie binge , help :(

Options

Replies

• SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Okay, given what I've read, here's my advice.

You don't need to be doing that much cardio a day. Up your calories, maybe do a b more lifting if you want to be leaner. I can't prove anything, but you definitely sound younger than 18, in which case, it's VERY IMPORTANT that you're getting enough calories and nutrients. Under eating and over excising at that age can do permanent damage to your body, so if you ever do want to be a body builder like you said, take it slow. The less weight you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Like other people were saying, don't get too worked up about the binge. Acknowledge it happened, and move on.

The only part of this drama I will touch on is that like you said, teenagers get worked up over things, but so do grownups. They just don't use it as an excuse.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I could use a cookie if anyone's willing to share with a stranger. Only a virtual cookie though. It's 4am here, can't eat sugar before I sleep.

And I loooove oatmeal-raisin. Yum.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    This post is making me tempted to look out the window for the lightening bolts, if I see a locust I'm logging off pronto
  • Brandonshields97
    Options

You don't need to be doing that much cardio a day. Up your calories, maybe do a b more lifting if you want to be leaner. I can't prove anything, but you definitely sound younger than 18, in which case, it's VERY IMPORTANT that you're getting enough calories and nutrients. Under eating and over excising at that age can do permanent damage to your body, so if you ever do want to be a body builder like you said, take it slow. The less weight you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Like other people were saying, don't get too worked up about the binge. Acknowledge it happened, and move on.

The only part of this drama I will touch on is that like you said, teenagers get worked up over things, but so do grownups. They just don't use it as an excuse.
    97 was my old football number . I shouldnt have to post a pic of my liscense just to prove that im 18 . The only reason im being rude because these people are way to old to be trying to talk trash to a guy my age lol like they need to mature up just like i need to thats all im sayin . but all this back and forth shxt that theyve ben doing with me.. Its as if there teenagers themselves
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .

lets get real kid... this was the problem here.
  • milinkojms2000
    Options
    uh:sad:
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well from what I've read, if we skip all the drama, there's a consensus forming:

1) You're not eating enough.
    2) We don't know what you're eating so we can't help there without more info, but your nutritional profile is really important
    3) You need to cut back on cardio
    4) You need to be focusing on strength training

That's alot to start with. Recommend you take them one at a time; start with nutrition and calorie intake and get that straightened out first; all the rest depends on it.
  • milinkojms2000
    Options
    :glasses:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

97 was my old football number . I shouldnt have to post a pic of my liscense just to prove that im 18 . The only reason im being rude because these people are way to old to be trying to talk trash to a guy my age lol like they need to mature up just like i need to thats all im sayin . but all this back and forth shxt that theyve ben doing with me.. Its as if there teenagers themselves

MFP is for adults. Once you join an 18+ website, you can't expect to get treated like a kid. You either have to act like the adults and expect to be treated like everyone else or go to a teen site. I don't say that to be harsh. You can't blame your rudeness on someone else. I'm not saying you have to change your behavior if you don't want to, but do own it. You can choose how you respond, and it's a lot more empowering than feeling at the mercy of others for your actions and reactions.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .

Indeed.

Was a definite turning point in this thread.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I stopped working with youth. lol what a bunch of **** heads.
    Your 2 cents was not needed lol

JIYour not getting what you want, so your throw a temper-tantrum like a 2 year old. Instead of focusing on your healthy/weight loss, perhaps a psychiatrist would be of more help to you.
    I actually have a psychiatrist because im depressed ... Now you can make fun of me and say that i deserve to be depressed or u can say whatever you want to about it . But just know that karma is real . Im still a human whether im 18 or 40 .. But if you wanna make fun of my depression , i promise you . will pay you back for me .

I think you're missing some key words that would make this paragraph make sense.

Perhaps a new psychiatrist?
    Your a heartless *kitten* person to try make fun of my depression like that . God will make u feel worse than i feel today . I wish i knew how to delete this post

I did not say anything about your depression, though I am starting to question your ability to read. I am saying YOU HAVE ISSUES and obviously your current psychiatrist has not noticed. People who have depression do not use it as an excuse to treat others with such disrespect.

Threatening me with "God" is pointless. I would not expect any higher power to support someone who uses their name to threaten others.
  • SquidVonBob
    Options

I think most people, including myself, were guessing your age based on the way you type. You keep talking about people arguing with people "your age", but 18 makes you a legal adult. People got upset when their advice was thrown back at them. They put themselves out there for a perfect stranger on the internet and were told their advice couldn't be trusted.
  • Brandonshields97
    Options

Indeed.

Thing is i honestly wasnt trynna be disrrspectful with that its the wayppl read it and replied negative to it and so i fired back .
  • Brandonshields97
    Options

Indeed.

Thing is i honestly wasnt trynna be disrrspectful with that its the wayppl read it and replied negative to it and so i fired back . I wanted some real advice from a successful person thats been in my shoes and alot of u ppl havent because you arent depressed . Thats all i meant by that paragraph . By me having depression its making this journey harder than it needs to be so i seek as much support as i can get with my threads and my questions . Wish i knew how to delete this crap
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ok, real advice. But first - if you are 18 years old, you are an adult and expected to behave like one, and stand up to criticism from other adults. Then you'll be respected as an adult. If you are in fact a younger teenager just saying you are 18, and want to yell foul about being 'picked on' by grown ups, there are other communities better suited to children. You don't get both - that's not how being a grown up works.

Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, I'm going to make a genuine attempt to help you.

The binging could be any number of things. Some of which we can help with, some of which we simply are not qualified to address. If it's related to mental illness, you have to talk to your doctor. From this point on, I'm going to assume that the binges are caused by some inadvertent behavior on your part, and help you discover what that behavior is. Not because I can say for certain this is the case, but simply because if it's a mental health issue no one on MFP can help you.

To help you discover any potential physical trigger to your binges (i.e. Needless hunger), please answer the following questions:

How did you figure out your goal calories? Were you completely honest, or did you manipulate the results any because the answer "didn't seem right"?

Do you measure your food? If so, how?

Is it possible you are shorting your measures and eating less than you think?

You say you eat 1,800 calories a day. Is this 1,800 net calories, or gross? I.e do you eat a grand total of 1,800 calories, or do you eat some higher amount and then subtract your exercise burn to get down to 1,800?

What is your age, height, current weight?

excluding exercise how would you describe your daily activity levels?

What weight loss have you seen over the past six weeks?

Do you track protein, fats and carbs? Roughly how many grams of each per day, on average?

With the answers to these questions we'll be able to help you figure out if this is a simple matter of over-restriction, and we'll be able to suggest ways in which you can change your diet and/or exercise regime. If the answers show you are truly doing "everything right" - and if you choose to lie we won't know - then it would seem this is psychological, and you need to consult your doctor.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Thing is i honestly wasnt trynna be disrrspectful with that its the wayppl read it and replied negative to it and so i fired back . I wanted some real advice from a successful person thats been in my shoes and alot of u ppl havent because you arent depressed . Thats all i meant by that paragraph . By me having depression its making this journey harder than it needs to be so i seek as much support as i can get with my threads and my questions . Wish i knew how to delete this crap

You may want to do an intro thread specifying that you'd like to hear from people who have successfully managed their weight while struggling with depression, binging, etc. You may get more of what you are looking for. Does your psychiatrist know about your binging issues?
  • Brandonshields97
    Options

JIYour not getting what you want, so your throw a temper-tantrum like a 2 year old. Instead of focusing on your healthy/weight loss, perhaps a psychiatrist would be of more help to you.
    I actually have a psychiatrist because im depressed ... Now you can make fun of me and say that i deserve to be depressed or u can say whatever you want to about it . But just know that karma is real . Im still a human whether im 18 or 40 .. But if you wanna make fun of my depression , i promise you . will pay you back for me .

I think you're missing some key words that would make this paragraph make sense.

Your a heartless *kitten* person to try make fun of my depression like that . God will make u feel worse than i feel today . I wish i knew how to delete this post

I did not say anything about your depression, though I am starting to question your ability to read. I am saying YOU HAVE ISSUES and obviously your current psychiatrist has not noticed. People who have depression do not use it as an excuse to treat others with such disrespect.

Threatening me with "God" is pointless. I would not expect any higher power to support someone who uses their name to threaten others.
    You quoted gods name as if you dont believe him . but have a blessed day . ur replys are irrelevant now
  • SquidVonBob
    Options

Indeed.

How do you know they haven't had depression? That's not something you can judge on the internet. I never say on my profile or posts that I have an Anxiety Disorder. I don't start all my posts saying that my medication makes me want to binge and I fight through it every time. Yes, I understand it makes the journey harder, but you can't disregard advice coming from a different place. You need that outside perspective. I find that people want to help and give advice more when you're open and humble.
  • SquidVonBob
    Options

You quoted gods name as if you dont believe him . but have a blessed day . ur replys are irrelevant now

I don't understand? Are you now saying that you only accept advice from religious Christians? Should I withdraw all my advice because I'm Jewish?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Ok, real advice. But first - if you are 18 years old, you are an adult and expected to behave like one, and stand up to criticism from other adults. Then you'll be respected as an adult. If you are in fact a younger teenager just saying you are 18, and want to yell foul about being 'picked on' by grown ups, there are other communities better suited to children. You don't get both - that's not how being a grown up works.

Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, I'm going to make a genuine attempt to help you.

The binging could be any number of things. Some of which we can help with, some of which we simply are not qualified to address. If it's related to mental illness, you have to talk to your doctor. From this point on, I'm going to assume that the binges are caused by some inadvertent behavior on your part, and help you discover what that behavior is. Not because I can say for certain this is the case, but simply because if it's a mental health issue no one on MFP can help you.

To help you discover any potential physical trigger to your binges (i.e. Needless hunger), please answer the following questions:

How did you figure out your goal calories? Were you completely honest, or did you manipulate the results any because the answer "didn't seem right"?

Do you measure your food? If so, how?

Is it possible you are shorting your measures and eating less than you think?

You say you eat 1,800 calories a day. Is this 1,800 net calories, or gross? I.e do you eat a grand total of 1,800 calories, or do you eat some higher amount and then subtract your exercise burn to get down to 1,800?

What is your age, height, current weight?

excluding exercise how would you describe your daily activity levels?

What weight loss have you seen over the past six weeks?

Do you track protein, fats and carbs? Roughly how many grams of each per day, on average?

With the answers to these questions we'll be able to help you figure out if this is a simple matter of over-restriction, and we'll be able to suggest ways in which you can change your diet and/or exercise regime. If the answers show you are truly doing "everything right" - and if you choose to lie we won't know - then it would seem this is psychological, and you need to consult your doctor.

Also, just for ****s and giggles, we can compare psych reports. It may lend me some credence with you. I have been diagnosed with depression. I operate mostly normally with it, but my mother died last year and that has caused me numerous issues over the last 15 months. I have ADD, OCD and ODD just for the hell of it. ODD basically means if I'm not properly paying attention to my thoughts I start arguing with people for no reason - even when I agree with them. I also, if I'm not keeping myself in check, do constant things designed to be minor irritations to the ones I love.

Free bit of advice on mental illness - playing the MI card to win an argument or make someone look bad, is not right. The only time to play that card is you've been an *kitten* because of MI and you are using the MI as explanation - but not excuse - for your actions. As part of an apology.

Anyway my sleeping pill is kicking in - I have insomnia too - so I may or may not be around to see your replies. I'll check in with it tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.