How can i recover from a 5000 calorie binge , help :(

123457»

Replies

• SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Ok, real advice. But first - if you are 18 years old, you are an adult and expected to behave like one, and stand up to criticism from other adults. Then you'll be respected as an adult. If you are in fact a younger teenager just saying you are 18, and want to yell foul about being 'picked on' by grown ups, there are other communities better suited to children. You don't get both - that's not how being a grown up works.

Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, I'm going to make a genuine attempt to help you.

The binging could be any number of things. Some of which we can help with, some of which we simply are not qualified to address. If it's related to mental illness, you have to talk to your doctor. From this point on, I'm going to assume that the binges are caused by some inadvertent behavior on your part, and help you discover what that behavior is. Not because I can say for certain this is the case, but simply because if it's a mental health issue no one on MFP can help you.

To help you discover any potential physical trigger to your binges (i.e. Needless hunger), please answer the following questions:

How did you figure out your goal calories? Were you completely honest, or did you manipulate the results any because the answer "didn't seem right"?

Do you measure your food? If so, how?

Is it possible you are shorting your measures and eating less than you think?

You say you eat 1,800 calories a day. Is this 1,800 net calories, or gross? I.e do you eat a grand total of 1,800 calories, or do you eat some higher amount and then subtract your exercise burn to get down to 1,800?

What is your age, height, current weight?

excluding exercise how would you describe your daily activity levels?

What weight loss have you seen over the past six weeks?

Do you track protein, fats and carbs? Roughly how many grams of each per day, on average?

With the answers to these questions we'll be able to help you figure out if this is a simple matter of over-restriction, and we'll be able to suggest ways in which you can change your diet and/or exercise regime. If the answers show you are truly doing "everything right" - and if you choose to lie we won't know - then it would seem this is psychological, and you need to consult your doctor.

Also, just for ****s and giggles, we can compare psych reports. It may lend me some credence with you. I have been diagnosed with depression. I operate mostly normally with it, but my mother died last year and that has caused me numerous issues over the last 15 months. I have ADD, OCD and ODD just the hell of it. ODD basically means if I'm not properly paying attention to my thoughts I start arguing with people for no reason - even when I agree with them.

Free bit of advice on mental illness - playing the MI card to win an argument or make someone look bad, is not right. The only time to play that card is you've been an *kitten* because of MI and you are using the MI as explanation - but not excuse - for your actions.[/]

Anyway my sleeping pill is kicking in - oh joy, I have insomnia too -so I may or may not be around to see your replies. I'll check in with it tomorrow.

Oh wow! A fellow OCD. We're pretty rare on here from what I've seen.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Hey, it's ok we all have hiccups along the way just remember to start afresh as everyone has said.

Forget the failure and trials of buried yesterdays,
    and frown not at the unborn fears of a future tomorrow.
    Concentrate your best efforts to succeed today,
    and sooner or later they will be crowned with glory.
    - Paramahansa Yogananda

All the best!
  • I am so glad I stopped working with youth. lol what a bunch of **** heads.
    Your 2 cents was not needed lol

JIYour not getting what you want, so your throw a temper-tantrum like a 2 year old. Instead of focusing on your healthy/weight loss, perhaps a psychiatrist would be of more help to you.
    I actually have a psychiatrist because im depressed ... Now you can make fun of me and say that i deserve to be depressed or u can say whatever you want to about it . But just know that karma is real . Im still a human whether im 18 or 40 .. But if you wanna make fun of my depression , i promise you . will pay you back for me .

I think you're missing some key words that would make this paragraph make sense.

Perhaps a new psychiatrist?
    Your a heartless *kitten* person to try make fun of my depression like that . God will make u feel worse than i feel today . I wish i knew how to delete this post

I did not say anything about your depression, though I am starting to question your ability to read. I am saying YOU HAVE ISSUES and obviously your current psychiatrist has not noticed. People who have depression do not use it as an excuse to treat others with such disrespect.

Threatening me with "God" is pointless. I would not expect any higher power to support someone who uses their name to threaten others.
    You quoted gods name as if you dont believe him . but have a blessed day . ur replys are irrelevant now

I don't understand? Are you now saying that you only accept advice from religious Christians? Should I withdraw all my advice because I'm Jewish?
    Im saying that i really dont care what u have to say anymore . I said NOTHING about your religion.. And why are u sitting herecoming up with a new topic to argue about ? This proves that you have NOTHING better to do .
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Ok, real advice. But first - if you are 18 years old, you are an adult and expected to behave like one, and stand up to criticism from other adults. Then you'll be respected as an adult. If you are in fact a younger teenager just saying you are 18, and want to yell foul about being 'picked on' by grown ups, there are other communities better suited to children. You don't get both - that's not how being a grown up works.

Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, I'm going to make a genuine attempt to help you.

The binging could be any number of things. Some of which we can help with, some of which we simply are not qualified to address. If it's related to mental illness, you have to talk to your doctor. From this point on, I'm going to assume that the binges are caused by some inadvertent behavior on your part, and help you discover what that behavior is. Not because I can say for certain this is the case, but simply because if it's a mental health issue no one on MFP can help you.

To help you discover any potential physical trigger to your binges (i.e. Needless hunger), please answer the following questions:

How did you figure out your goal calories? Were you completely honest, or did you manipulate the results any because the answer "didn't seem right"?

Do you measure your food? If so, how?

Is it possible you are shorting your measures and eating less than you think?

You say you eat 1,800 calories a day. Is this 1,800 net calories, or gross? I.e do you eat a grand total of 1,800 calories, or do you eat some higher amount and then subtract your exercise burn to get down to 1,800?

What is your age, height, current weight?

excluding exercise how would you describe your daily activity levels?

What weight loss have you seen over the past six weeks?

Do you track protein, fats and carbs? Roughly how many grams of each per day, on average?

With the answers to these questions we'll be able to help you figure out if this is a simple matter of over-restriction, and we'll be able to suggest ways in which you can change your diet and/or exercise regime. If the answers show you are truly doing "everything right" - and if you choose to lie we won't know - then it would seem this is psychological, and you need to consult your doctor.

Also, just for ****s and giggles, we can compare psych reports. It may lend me some credence with you. I have been diagnosed with depression. I operate mostly normally with it, but my mother died last year and that has caused me numerous issues over the last 15 months. I have ADD, OCD and ODD just the hell of it. ODD basically means if I'm not properly paying attention to my thoughts I start arguing with people for no reason - even when I agree with them.

Free bit of advice on mental illness - playing the MI card to win an argument or make someone look bad, is not right. The only time to play that card is you've been an *kitten* because of MI and you are using the MI as explanation - but not excuse - for your actions.[/]

Anyway my sleeping pill is kicking in - oh joy, I have insomnia too -so I may or may not be around to see your replies. I'll check in with it tomorrow.

Oh wow! A fellow OCD. We're pretty rare on here from what I've seen.

My OCD is pretty mild by all accounts, and very situational. Just a tag-along with the ADD from what I can tell.
This discussion has been closed.