WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2013

Options

Replies

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies,

Been very lazy about posting but have been reading. Weight is up (no surprise) between eating on the run, fundraisers, planning luncheons, etc. This Sat. is a big event for the police group, then a bit of a break on actual events for a few weeks till the next (a race). I'm trying to get local eating places to donate recipes for a cookbook we will sell and give them a mention. Newspaper coverage has come through for this Saturday's trail ride. Of course we are feeding everybody, and guess who is making pies??? I thought I'd keep it easy: pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, and French coconut..........all very easy. Just this afternoon got around to getting estimates on my car for the damage when the dr. ran into my poor baby. It's quite minor and I'm very thankful he was honest and let me know.

Dee Dee..........hope you are good as new by now

Heather........heard about the awful weather you had, the pics are unbelieveable.........glad you are feeling better

Sandy..........congrats on NOT needing bp meds

Gail..........great pic; wish I could have joined you all

Suzy in De.........wow, that looks fun!!!

Hello to everyone else, kudos to those with losses, encouragement to those needing it.
    Take care all,
    yanniejannie
    ps Gwen is doing well; was making a pot roast for herself when I was over on Sunday; thanks again for all your good thoughts!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    evening ladies,
    did a little to much at the gym and am a bit sore.. but no problem, that means im doing something...
    Barbie- have you read the Janet Evonovich -stephanie plum novels? they start out 1 for the money, i think she is on her 19th book, the first time I read one it was actually an audio book and ended up listening to the 4th one first, I was working where you had to wear headphones.. I was laughing so hard I was crying and people thought I had lost my mind..
    If any of you listen to audio books, please get the first one of this series, you will Love it.. I promise!!!!!
    trying to figure out christmas present's, and sorta have it figured out, going to get stuff for the grandkids, and for my 2 kids, cause you cant just get something for one without getting something for the other.. I dont do it every year, because they are both adults..
    well gonna go hit the hay
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. I came home from work yesterday and didn’t feel well, so after a couple of innings of baseball, I fell into bed and didn’t log on and now that stupid daily count starts all over again. It is the anti=motivator!

It’s cool and misty and foggy here; the perfect day for curling up with a book and several mammals with hot chocolate (sugar free of course). I ate ok last week but didn’t exercise and still managed to get 0.2 pounds off, but I am still a couple of tenths from new bras. Time to refocus. My weight loss buddy kicked it in gear and lost 2.5!

We decided to put diapers on Benny Beagle to keep his little problems at bay and he took it off yesterday, very neatly, and put it on a chair. This morning DH put it on and left; about 5 minutes later it was taken off, again very neatly, no tearing, and next to his bed. Little stinker!

DeeDee I’m so sorry you are still sick. Did you get a flu test? Did you get tamiflu?

Jane: hope that stubborn knee issue gets resolved soon. What does your doctor say about your weight gain? If you are eating
    well and exercising, what could be the issue? Did you have a complete physical?

Susan: congrats on the loss!

Heather: hope you feel better soon! I heard that the UK and parts of western Europe had horrible storms. Did they affect you?

Suzy: woo hoo you are so brave!!!

Gail: what a great picture! Thank you for posting! All of you look wonderful and happy.

Katla: hope your shopping trip was a success!

Grandmallie: (((hugs)))

Linda: ok I’m dense…what’s an IG? Your dog is adorable. We were going to look at a Greyhound, found one I liked (from story and picture), but the Greyhound rescue in Bondermon Iowa never returned phone calls or emails so we got Benny Beagle instead. He was about 7, had very few teeth, but is the sweetest pooch ever. Since then he has had pancreatitis and his gallbladder out. Most expensive shelter dog ever! But we love the little guy!

Joyce good luck with the CT

Renny: hope the xray turns out ok

Sorry I was skimming the posts and trying to respond and not getting to all of you. I think of each and everyone one of you daily! Take care, Meg from misty Omaha
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Got my reports. CT and chest xray are normal. So my doctor has a consult for a colonoscopy.

I love Megs story about Benny Beagle. I wish we could train our husbands and children to be that neat!!!! It's fall out there. It ahs been a steady drizzle out there. Yesterday my husband suggested that I get my camera out and get a picture of some of the fall foliage. Well a lot of that is gone now:ohwell: But it is still beautiful in my memory!!!

Joyce
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    barbie - oh, yes, I've done side planks. I can't seem to get my feet stacked, but I don't have a problem if I have one leg in front of the other. Goes to show how bad my balance is.

Joyce - skittles sounds so neat.

Meg - our first cat "followed Jessica home from school". Of course, the fact that she was feeding it bologna had nothing to do with it nor did the fact that she was giving it milk....lol Anyway, after trying unsuccessfully (surprise, surprise) to find the owner, we took it to the vet. That same day took my car for inspection and got new brakes. The cat cost more than the car! So much for a "free" cat, so I hear ya.

Look at the time!

Did an hour of incline intervals on the treadmill today. three minutes at 3%, 6%, 9%, 12%, then 3% etc. for an hour at 4mph. Tomorrow I'll go to yoga and then take the deep water class. Renewed my Y membership. Then came home, I'd invited Lynette and Ken over next weekend, she hasn't told me what day is best for them. To be honest, I'm pretty sure they'll be coming because Lynette doesn't like to cook. Today I made these skinny pumpkin muffins since Ken is allergic to chocolate. Then, to use up the rest of the pumpkin I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Really, you can't taste the pumpkin so I'm just going to tell Vince that they are chocolate chip cookies. Then I made these brownies. The recipe says "1-1/2 cups butter <2 sticks>" Well, 2 sticks is 1 cup. I think they meant 2 sticks. This recipe also calls for 6 eggs and I was afraid all those eggs would make it too "cakey" so I didn't mput them all in. After I baked them, I was unhappy with the consistency so I made another batch but used all 6 eggs. We shall see how they are. Wish I'd made a small one for me. I usually do that but forgot to this time

Went to Lowes Hardware. We were going to get this insulation for the pipes for the pool but wound up getting antifreeze instead. It's more expensive than the insulation, but also easier. Then went to WalMart and got this inflatable of santa in a spaceman suit. I was betwixt and between if we should get it or not. It has LED's in it, but they really aren't that bright. It has the same kind of blower that is in the alien in a capsule one we got that really isn't doing the job. Vince thinks the blower is just a bad blower but we need to get a new one.

Tomorrow is senior bowling and then Newcomer bowling. Busy day.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot to tell ya.

It seems that almost each and every store has their own "loyalty" cards and they are just such a pain to have this bunch of cards with you. How many times I've wished that somehow you could have just one card for them all.

Well, I learned of this app called "keyring". Basically, you take a picture of the barcode and from what I've heard you can use that at the store in place of the card. I tried it at Food Lion. Seems they accepted the barcode on the phone OK, but they did have to key in the number. It would probably be easier for the cashier if you had the physical card, but I have most of my cards on it. I'm going to try using it and see if there's any problem. So far, I've only tried using it at FoodLion and there wasn't any problem. I remember when I got the boa at AC Moore, they gave me the 50% off because I showed them my card. I would think the same would be true if I showed them the barcode on my phone.

Will let you know how it all works out.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This has been a difficult day. While I was walking the dogs before dawn this morning, they got scared by a car coming one way and a pedestrian coming the other way and I lost my footing and fell on my behind on the asphalt. The woman who was walking came over to offer help but I asked her to walk away because the dogs would keep barking while she was there. I sat there long enough to figure out that there were no sharp pains and that I could get up on my own, so I walked home and began a series of 20 minute sessions with the ice bag. Jake made an appointment with the chiropractor for late afternoon and I iced and took it easy until then. The chiropractor confirmed that there was no damage other than sore muscles from the fall and he said that it was a good idea for me to walk and dance to promote recovery. Today will probably be the first day in years that I haven’t reached my daily step goal. After seeing the chiropractor I walked the dogs individually for 30 minutes each.

:bigsmile: Sandy from ON, congrats on getting the green light for working with the personal trainer

:brokenheart: ina, sorry to hear about Duncan…..concern for our pets is huge.

:flowerforyou: LindaC. I carry my pedometer in my pants pocket and get good counts.

:bigsmile: Grandmallie, thanks for the reminder of Janet Evanovich books……I think I read up to # 12 and loved every one and then stopped……I’ll look to see if my library has them,

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: 16,000 steps today
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies
    Have a great day all! this is just a quick one coz just had to respond to some of our dear friends here
    :flowerforyou: Barbie glad to know u r fine, guess u were lucky. Hope u r back to your zillion steps soon but until then please do take care :smile:
    Gail thanks for the beautiful pic, lovely smiling ladies, we were virtually transported there
    Sylvia get well soon
    Jan thats awesome..... all the pies u r baking and the cookbook....
    Sandy happy to hear you r finally getting a PT, hope the other issue works out too :heart:
    Joyce glad your tests came out clear so far....
    The ziplining pic was so beautiful, colours, action et al
    Meg its such a shame the counting begins back from 1.all the same u take care and get well soon :):heart:
    Michelle that seems like a smart app, I loved the definition in your arm, so can imagine your planks,
    Yesterday was Yoga, today will be weights for lower body and maybe the elliptical. Then we have holidays for the festival of Diwali, saturday to wednesday. So will have to watch what I eat n exercise on my own.
    Best wishes to everyone
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Barbie- so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal soon. Sooooo frustrating!

Meg - yes, we did have the storm, but our local area got off lightly compared to some. My brother and family were in Amsterdam where it was a bit blowy! One person there was killed by a tree by the canal.

DH is having another day off with the chest infection. I haven't known him have two days off since I have known him. I did the full complement, but I'm still not back to planking and push ups. Doing weights though.

The sun is shining right now so I hope we will be able to go out in our hired car to renew our prescriptions and buy our favourite bread. It takes two to go to the bakery as the parking there is impossible. DH likes a sandwich every day for lunch, tho I like to ring the changes. Will also buy a couple of cakes for DH as I think I've had enough of cake cooking for a while!

For dinner I'm going to make a tomato and red pepper passata and have it as a seafood stew with a packet of prawns, squid and scallops. A pinch of chilli to liven things up. I will put a little bit of cooked rice in the middle. Extra bread to keep DH's calories up. My other half lb is ready to fall. It would be nice if it went by tomorrow - the end of the month. So far this month I've only lost half a lb, but as I am already a healthy weight it isn't really a problem. It's purely my tidy mind that wants to even up the figures! ! ! ! I would like a tiny bit more off my waist, but I know I look fine now. But I have 2 1/2 lbs to go to lose a British 4 stones. :laugh: When I tell people what I have lost their mouth drops open.:laugh:

For me now the challenge is to keep or increase my fitness in the face of increasing age. I still have so many things I want to do and places I want to see. Friends I want to visit. If DH is reluctant I will do it on my own as I am too young to give up on expanding my life. Well done those of you who are kayaking, hiking, ziplining and what else. For me absorbing other cultures is my thrill. Along with having a stab at the languages. I am giving DH time to deal with his fears and the pills seem to be working well, but by next year I hope to be back on track. Keeping fit is part of all that. It was so wonderful to be able to walk all day in Rome, instead of in agony after a couple of hours like I used to be. I just hope my knee holds up - it certainly didn't like my virus and protested!:laugh:

Sending healing thoughts to all those tired and in pain.

Love Heather UK
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning all need a little vitamin F

Barbie
    So sorry about your fall hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad. I started to wear the pedometer on my hip and it seems to be working just fine for now. But I think the problem may be what a friend said they sit in shops for so long the battery is probably expired. Because they seem to work for a few days and stops. Dietician gave me one last Friday and it seems to be working fine.

Meg
    Love our pets but they sure can be expensive. If you do all the vets tell you to.
    Sorry you lost your count. I'm forever forgetting to finish my day.

Michelle
    I sure don't know how you can bake so much and still stay in your calorie count.

Well yesterday was another great day with a little under my 1000 if I count my exercise points and wii Showed me under 200 so now to keep going. Sure to have a loss at tops tonight I undid the birthday week. So that's a big +.
    So now to have a good day i'm on a roll. Watch out. Would love 180 by Christmas.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I don't have much to report. I'm sort of nursing the flu at the moment, so have not been to the gym at all in three days, since Sunday is my off day and I got sick Monday. I'm feeling a little better, but not going to push it. I did get on the scale and found that I lost over a pound, so apparently coughing is an aerobic activity.

Take care.

Sylvia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    feel better soon Sylvia!!!!
    well i didnt get to the gym, but race-walked for 50 minutes this morning, then took the boys for there constitutional.. steamed some veggies, and have to get the DH lunch together for tomorrow, laundry done ,dried and folded
    now having some fat free hot chocolate..
    spoke with one of my cousins,only to find out that his brother passed away last december.. very sad..
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Joyce and Michelle: Thanks for reading my rant! :smile:

You are absolutely right – we do need to set some limits. :explode: My SO and I are the eldest siblings in each family and we moved into a house that is absolutely perfect for entertaining. Since we have been in this house we have hosted Thanksgiving, Christmas, January Birthday party for the boys, three cookouts, one baby shower, a tea party for the ladies at church, several informal dinners for friends and we’ve only been in it for a year. My SO finally put his foot down and announced that he really didn’t care where anybody ate Thanksgiving dinner, but he was going wherever it was and it wasn’t going to be at our house. So I guess I’ll tag along with him.:tongue:

I am looking forward to my DD’s upcoming wedding. She and her fiancé have 3 children. I guess I was feeling a little upset because the SO and I were planning to get married next year with a Christmas Party Wedding. We had not made an announcement and won’t until after my DD’s wedding.:blushing: We’ve been together now for 10 years. Our family is so large – with just the children and their spouses and the grandchildren the list is 25 people. DD says her guest list will be only 50 people. My guest list is standing at 80 now – mostly all family. It will all work out.

Grandmallie: Being a single parent is hard being without health insurance is the pits (been there done that). I’ll be praying that she recouperates quickly. My Mom was great and her love and support pulled me through.:heart:

Pat: What are you putting in the shoe boxes? That sounds like a neat idea. Sorry your allergies are acting up. Mine are too!

Sandy: My Ex did the same thing. Phooey on him! We didn’t get divorced for a long time because I refused to pay for it. He finally paid for it when he married the second wife. BTW – he just divorced the third wife.:huh:

Sylvia: I can’t wait to try the 321 cake recipe.:smile:

Meg: I totally agree with you about the “stupid” daily count!:mad: I am striving to get to 20 consecutive days of posting. My new strategy is to get in when I’m having my coffee. I totally applaud those that have hundreds of consecutive days.

Barbie: Hope you mend quickly and well.:heart:

Tere
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I’ll be taking DH to the acupuncturist today. We cancelled most of his October sessions because of my jury duty. His Chinese Medicine doctor is in high demand and we didn’t’ think it was right to handle it week by week when she could help others during his time slot. He’ll be back to every other week now. He started going to her because of his MS. He wasn’t willing to take shots, and needed to do something to ease his symptoms. He’s had a lot of muscle spasms in his back and legs. She works wonders for him, helping him get the most out of his body. Now he is taking a daily pill for MS, and it is doing a lot of good. He still has muscle spasms, though, and still needs acupuncture. I am happy that both options are available.:bigsmile:

Meg: Log in with your morning coffee and you have your count for the day, even if you don’t log again during the day. Then you can go back and fix it so you have your records. I log as I go along during the day. I do all of my logging on my cell phone and only use the computer to check in with this group and chat. IG may stand for Italian Greyhound, but that is a guess.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: We’ve had pretty fall foliage here, too. The trees were glorious last week but are now losing their leaves. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Free cats and dogs are seldom “free.” They’re worth the cost, though. :smile: I had two spectacular cats when DH and I were starting out. Both disappeared. We later found out that one of our neighbors put poisoned meat out in his garage as bait and killed cats on purpose. :grumble: We didn’t know what happened to them until the day we moved away when another neighbor told us about it. :mad: We are mostly dog people and haven’t had a cat in years. DD has a cat, dogs and ferrets, too many pets for my taste, but she enjoys them.

On another subject, DS talked me into putting my loyalty cards on a phone app. The app works okay for some companies, but Costco won’t accept it. I had to get a new membership card from them. I look better in the new photo, so that is okay.:laugh:

Barbie: I am so sorry that you fell, but happy that there isn’t serious damage. I still occasionally feel the effects of my fall last February in my shoulder, but it isn’t disabling and hasn’t interfered with sleep in months. :flowerforyou:

Anamika from Mumbai: Enjoy your festival. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m in a similar situation as you. I’ve met my initial weight loss goals and may want to do a bit of fine tuning, but realize that the real work now is maintenance and fitness. Like you, I want to have fun and enjoy life. I will always have an issue with my left knee and need to do what I can to make it strong. Since the joint can’t be fixed I need to make sure the muscles in my legs are strong enough to provide support for the knee joints. Yoga is a big part of that for me, but I’d like to build a bit of muscle in my upper body, too. Then there is learning to maintain my weight and not fall back into bad habits from the past. I expect to be here a long time. I love this group.:heart:

Lin C: Congratulations on getting under 200! Don’t worry too much about little bounces in your weight. As long as you’re counting your calories and moving, you’ll make progress.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia and other flu victims: Rest and drink lots of water to stay hydrated. I hope your flu is short and you’re back to good health soon.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tere: I can’t blame your SO for wanting some time off from hosting all the family celebrations. When we started out in life I decided I wanted Thanksgiving, and hosted all of the Thanksgiving’s for years. As a kid we took turns among all my parent’s siblings. When it was our turn, my mom was stressed out and miserable. I took that off of her and hope it helped her. By then we weren’t all trading off with the aunts and uncles. I’m still in touch with my cousins and it means a lot to me.:flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

October goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I turned 50 on October 18th so I'm just cruising around here and meeting people.

Cheers from Canada!

Mousemom18
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!
    Sylvia-feel better.
    Hip pain isn`t bad during the day,mostly at night now.
    Violet,mad an adorable scary haunted house cookie last night.She was s o proud.
    Have a great day.
    HUGS
    jane
    Welcome-mousemom18
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Grandson break! on Wednesdays I get my weight-lifting in with him. He weighs around 20 lbs now and I feel it but what a joy. Keeping this brief as I need to eat before he wakes up. I read the posts and want to wish all a good day on the scales.

@Meg, I turned off that darn daily counter as I found it more annoying than helpful - that's me. I'm only concerned with what's on the scale and some days that's not too concerning :bigsmile:

@Barbie, so glad you were not injured more seriously; keep up the good work - you are such an inspiration to many!

TTYL,

Teral in Plano
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies –

Rainy Wednesday here. Was able to get myself up early enough to run on the treadmill before work, so had logged 6 miles at 12,000 steps before I was even out the door. Hard to believe tomorrow is Halloween. I was in Lowe’s the other day and they already had Christmas decorations out.

The next week and a half will be busy as I get ready for vacation and we have a number of events coming up. I am attending a one-day conference in Philadelphia on Friday, Women and Leadership on Friday. On Saturday have a dinner invite with some friends and on Sunday we are going to see Josh Groban in concert.

:smile: Linda – I’ve never tried spaghetti squash, but after reading your note I am going to add it on my list of things to try.
    :smile: Barbie – thanks, it’s good to know I am not the only one who can be “step” obsessed and also realize there are other forms of being active. So sorry to hear about your tumble, but glad nothing was broken!!!
    :smile: Syliva – wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
    :smile: Katla – I was shocked about your story about your neighbor and your cats, I would have been so mad, at the one who actually did it, but also the one who waited for the day of your move to tell you. Sometimes people baffle me.
    :smile: Hi Mousemom18.

Be well ladies and Happy Halloween.
    Suzy
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday from chilly NE. I love this weather, excpect when at 5:30 this morning the thunder and rain woke the dogs up and they started barking and running around the bed. Since they sleep on the bed with us they were running around on top of us. OH well had to get up at 6 for work. I was hoping they would get the rest of the siding done and my porch lite back up by tomorrow evening, Doesn't look like that is going to happen. So have to figure out a light for out front for trick and treaters.
    Well yesterday was not a good day. First off at work they were serving apple or pumkin pie for all the employees with ice cream. I did have a piece of apple pie and it was good. Then DH dicided we would go out for our Anniverary supper as with hours we work the rest of the week and weekend we would not be able to go. So we went to Olive Garden. I only ate half my dinner and took the rest home. I logged the day and went over. But trying not to feel to bad as I lost 2.4 pounds this last week and I am back on track today.
    Talked with my mom Monday evening and Dad is doing well. The plan is if he keeps doing so well to take him home Nov 15th. Then he will do out patient cardiac rehap at the hospital. Thank God for this contuined Blessing,

BJ--congrates on the new GC. They are one of the best Blessings.

Susan--Sounds like you are doing well. Congrates on the wt loss. I would not stress about the mac and cheese. We all are human and long as you don't give up it will all work out.

Sandy--Congrates on the wt loss and ok to work out with personal trainner. Hope the ex agrees to the joint divorce.

Slyvia--It is always hard when we see our children hurting. I know I always want to jump in and make everything OK. I find it very hard to stay out of it, but am getting better. You would think she would be proud of him for caring about his children and wanting to build a relentionship with them. Being a step mom is not easy, but so worth it in the end. I looked up stomach vacum and am trying them. I can really feel the pull. Hope you are feeling better and congrates on the wt loss.

DeeDee--Hope you are feeling better. Halloween I just pass out candy. We put up acouple things on the porch. I enjoy the little ones and then about 8 I turn off the lights as the older kids are just out messing around.

Heather-- Congrates on the refund. I am not sure how your money compares to ours but anything back is nice. Hope you are feeling better. Glad you had no damage with the storm. Sure been alot of bad ones, but then with TV and the news we hear more about them.

Suzy--Thanks for sharing the picture, looks like you were having alot of fun. DH wants to try it sometime, I'm to much of a chicken.

Jane--Hugs to you. Important thing is not to give up. Congrates on the good doctor report and wt loss.

grandmallie--That had to be hard watching them get on the plane when DGC is crying to stay. I have one that does that and it breaks my heart. Sounds like DD is growing up and doing a good job of it. I have one step son that we get along like oil and water. Over the last couple years we have been trying harder and doing ok, I love the Stephanie Plum books. I have read them all and have my name on the list at the library for the new one 22 coming out this month. One of the doctors read them and we will get to laughing about them and people give us the funniest looks.

Linda--Cutie jammies. He looks so warm and happy. Our new puppy is a resure dog. He was raised in a cage the first year and no contact. Jake is settling right in and loves being with people and our other dog. Jake is a pug and I didn't realize how much they shed. So trying to brush him everyday and carry a lint roller in the car.

Joyce--Hope all comes out well with your tests. I have to have the colanoscopy every 3 years. My mom, both her brothers and her mom had colan cancer. The prep is the worst part, then they give me the good stuff and don't remember anything after that.
    Skittles sounds fun. At our family picnic each year we play a game with 4 quarters and the one that wins gets the money. We have been doing it for over 10 years and have about 20 that play. Younger ones get excited when they are old enough to play. My nephew made a silly trophy several years ago and the winner gets to take that home for the year and all their name to the back. It is alot of fun.

Pat--sure hope you are having a better day. Allergies are no fun and the older I get the worse they seem to get. Sometimes I think to much and letting go of the past is not easy. So many things I wish I could go back and do different.. And seems at night my mind goes over things over and over. But what we have been thru has made us who we are today. And with God's forgiveness and mercy I am a better person.

Michele--I agree about too many loyalty cards. Then when I am in line trying to find the right one is a pain. Most the time DH does the shopping and he has all the key tags on his key ring. Somedays I wounder if they are really worth the trouble.

Barbie--So glad you were not hurt. Our new dog Jake likes to walk under my feet and one of these days I know I will fall.

It is a long day today. I work 7-3 then have a meeting about the insurance changes coming the first of the year. Not sure I will like them but what choice do we have. Then it is my night to work the hospital gift shop. I do that acouple times a month from 5-8 pm. It is all run by voluteers and I enjoy it. Even if most the time I am my best customer. So hugs and prayers to all of you.
    We are all in this together.

Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: It is wet and gloomy here today. The lights across the way that come on automatically as it gets dark have been on all day. We have been really busy in the pools today but one of our patients brought us cupcakes for Halloween. Oh my!! I have been good and had only one and since I swam laps this morning I should be okay for calories.

Pat - Do your shoeboxes go to the reservations? we do shoebox Christmas at our church and the boxes go to kids on the reservations in North and South Dakota. They are fun to fill and I find myself looking for stuff that will fit in them all year long.

Suzy - Josh Groban, I am envious. I saw him a number of years ago in Sioux City. Wonderful concert!!

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD