WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2013

Options
1394041424345»

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Jane, congrats on SIX pounds! That's fantastic!

Sylvia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    here I am in the dog house again:frown: went grocery shopping early am came home and called the DH , well he wasn't so Darling, he thought I was going on Sunday.. soooooo bow wow wow.. he has to work something out. I told him this morning I was going... and what do I do? I come home and bake him stuff for work, and then go out and rake leaves, with the bad hips, am I out there or what?:huh:
    taking a break and then back at it, and then take the puppies for a walk
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween! Yoga this morning was grand. There were two of us, and we both wanted things that can be challenging. There are often a couple of women with health issues that don’t allow more challenge, but we were on our own and had a good work out. The other woman today also lives in my neighborhood, and they don’t get trick-or-treaters, either. Be safe and well. Don’t let the ghosties scare you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Mousemem from Canada: Stop by often. This is a great group.:flowerforyou:

Teral in Plano: You are lucky to get a Grandson Break. :happy: My DGD lives 1263 miles from my house. I don’t get to see her nearly often enough.:noway:

Vicki GI NE: We all have things we’d like to have changed in our pasts. But the past is gone. Enjoy what you can of your memories and forgive yourself for not being perfect. You’re in good company on that score, and bad company, too, because everyone has things they’d change if they could.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Sandy from ON: I hope you get your wishes regarding the divorce.:flowerforyou:

Meg: If you’re snoozing in the ball games you must need your rest. Record them so you can watch later if you fall asleep.:wink:

Lin C: Congratulations on your loss! It is nice to be the winner once in a while. I always log my food when I travel and just do the best I can with food choices. If I go over, so be it. It seems to work out fine. Good luck in your gambling trip and with the travel trailer auction. DH would like an RV, I think, but I am dragging my feet BIG time. :tongue: We have boats and that is enough to care for.:laugh:

Barbie: I hope you’re feeling better and better. When I hurt myself the third day after the injury is often the worst. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sylviai: I hope your tests come back with positive results.:flowerforyou:

Susan: Can you give me Ron’s phone number? Kidding. Actually we do have someone who is good and knows good people if our problem isn’t his area of expertise. It can’t be over appreciated.:bigsmile:

Renny: Arthritis isn’t exactly good news, but it isn’t scary news. Did he give you exercises or other advice to guide you?:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: Welcome to a plateau. Keep the faith keep doing what has been successful, and you’ll get past it. You are such a gem. I hope that somewhere inside, your DH realizes how lucky his is.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tazgirl: Enjoy your granddaughter.:bigsmile:

Heather: I hope you and DH are feeling much better soon.:flowerforyou: Lengthening days? I want some. Ours are getting shorter. :ohwell:

Janemartin: Congratulations on your loss. You’ve earned it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

October goals:
    1. Log every bite: done
    2. Move more: done
    3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily: working on it and still flaky.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    im sitting down now,i went out and raked leaves into bags and took them to the dump. made dinner, and DH dinner, now have laundry in the wash.. and took a shower ...,think im done for the day...
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The stress test went well. My target heart rate was 138 and I only made it to 132, but they said it was enough. I went for 9 1/2 minutes, starting out level and slow and gradually increasing both speed and angle. At the end I was practically running uphill! My knees were rubbery, but otherwise I didn't feel bad. Not even out of breath really. The worst part was when they took out the IV blood squirted out of my arm like a little geyser. It took a while to get that stopped. Blood was all over the floor. The Nurse Practicioner said that most healthy younger people don't do that well on the test, and she said my swimming has really helped me. (I knew that.) She seemed especially pleased with how fast my heart rate went back down once I stopped climbing the hill. She was my own personal cheering section. The whole thing took just under 4 hours, with all the CT scanning and EKG stuff. Results won't be available for a week or so, but I feel pretty sure they will be good. I went in telling them that I think I have the flu, but darned if my temp wasn't normal and I didn't even cough. They said "yeah, right". Once I left the coughing started again.

Tonight is supposed to be trick or treat, and I bought about $30 worth of candy, balloons, pencils and erasers, and made up cute little bags of goodies, and now it's raining cats and dogs. I hope it lets up by evening. I managed to eat only four tiny Tootsie Rolls while assembling the bags. We may be forced to eat all that candy ourselves. If it comes to that, I'm sending the whole mess up to hubby's office and the chemistry department can get fat instead of me.

Happy Halloween everybody!

Sylvia
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween.The scale didn`t trick me,I got a treat a loss of 6 lbs.Finally.
    Linda,have fun
    Renny,glad u found out what`s going on.
    HUGS
    jane

Awesome Jane!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    It's halloween and little ghosts and goblins are coming my way. Thank goodness no Miley Cyrus look alikes! Gotta run....see you tomorrow....sorry so short. Meg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jake has been walking the dogs and I have spent a lot of time lying on the ice pack. I went to line dance class this morning and sat down during the walk through and just danced the dances. I was supposed to go for a walk with my favorite walking friend but instead we had tea at her house and talked. Jake wanted me to not walk and not dance so we compromised with me not walking but going to dance. Tomorrow I teach half the class and I didn’t want to let my partner down since she is still not physically able to teach the whole class.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I’ll be posting the new thread for November in about two hours……be looking for it.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: 6,000 steps today :brokenheart: the number keeps getting smaller

73404ln3v0k7s0a.gif
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Jane - congrats on the loss! I'm so happy for you.

Barbie- I'm so sorry for your fall, glad you are taking care of yourself

mousemom - welcome, you've found a great supportive group.

I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with life today. With my mother's estate issues & family issues, trying to get the divorce going, work and my kids and still trying to run a household and of course getting to the Y every day. Some times I just want to run away to a warm sunny beach somewhere :happy:

Sorry this is all I got tonight. Have a good night everyone

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening, ladies!

Well, I suppose all my trick or treaters are finished.........I'll be glad to send the left over candy to work with dh in the am........my resolve melted, sorry to say. Only had about 30 but they were sooooooo cute!!!

We had an exceptionally warm day and I scrubbed down the front of the house (vinyl siding); just the first floor; high ladders are not my thing, esp. w/o someone to hold it steady. Used white vinegar in warm water with just a few drops of Dawn and it worked pretty well getting off the dirt and mold. If I'm not too sore tomorrow, I'll do the side and some weeding. Also will make the pies for Saturday tomorrow.

Barbie...........hope you heal quickly
    rest and ice, you are on the right track. Let Jake pamper you a bit.

Jane............Super loss!!! WTG!!

Sylvia.......congrats on doing so very well on your cardiac testing!!

Sandy........hang in there.....

G'nite,
    yanniejannie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am headed off to bed with my ice pack so I've posted the new thread for November.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128304-women-ages-50-for-november-2013
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween, Ladies!

By now all of the candy should be in the little hands of ghosties, gremlins, and goblins......did you keep any for yourself? I did get a Halloween treat today, and I did actually eat it. :blushing:

I went to a card workshop, and the facilitator made each of us a skeleton's hand. She took clear food-service gloves, put 1 piece of candy corn in each finger/thumb and then filled the glove with popped corn. Tied off the top with a piece of red string, and we had a skeleton's hand! It was very cute. It was a small amount of popped corn and the 5 little candy corns sure didn't add up to much, so I had a sensible Halloween treat! Yea, I was happy!

I have been so busy and tired that I haven't spent much time online. I had to go all the way back to page 12 and come forward to find out what all i have missed. What in the world has been happening!? Bad falls, sore hips, arthritis diagnosis, and lots of sadness....... Please, take care of yourselves!

I posted on my homepage that I tried something new for supper tonight. At the Farmers' Market yesterday, I bought "Turkey Dinner" tamales. They are the masa mixed with everything you would put in a bread dressing plus pieces of turkey and cranberries. Oh, yum! Because it is all corn (masa) it is gluten free and really does taste like Turkey dinner! Now, all I need is some good gravy! I think I may have to go and buy more to keep on hand.
    JB- Awesome Medusa! You would, indeed, put terror in my heart.

Barbie- I am glad that you are Ok after you spill on the 29th. It's a smart plan to walk the dogs individually.

Tere- The shoebox program is a national/international program through Lutheran Missionaries. They actually provide a shoebox-sized box now (used to be you provided your own) and you fill it with small toys, little books, stuff for school, toiletries, etc. The boxes are sent all over the world to needy children. It's a wonderful program. You get to decide whether you want a boy or a girl and there are 3 general age ranges from which to chose. It is fun.

MouseMom- Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Vickie- Thanks for the kind words about the allergies. They are little devils to take care of sometimes. Mine act up most in the winds and dust, so to where did I move - Arizona! I must be a real dim bulb!

Sue- I think most of the boxes go to Africa or South/Central America, but I have never tracked them to find out. This year the scrapbook store at which I hang out has been sending supplies and treats to a school in Nogales (U.S. side) The school is a Christian school with mostly Mexican speaking students. We adopted the second grade. For Christmas we are sending each student a lunch bag (I bought a Spider Man bag!) filled with treats and school supplies. The reservations in the Dakotas need all of the help they can get. I am glad that there is a shoebox program for them.

Linda- Congratulations on being High Loser. :flowerforyou: Isn't that a funny title? I am glad that tops works for you, the meetings I went to in Mn were always fun, but I just wasn't ready to actually lose the weight, I guess.

Susan- I need to borrow your Ron! I have been trying to fix my toilet for two weeks! I went and bought yet another flapper valve at the local Ace Hardware store today. The man who sold it to me talked to me like a was a five-year old w/ special needs! :grumble: I wanted to plant that toilet part in his ...... well, I was not a happy person. And, to add insult to injury, the part isn't working any better than the other one! Oh, this owning a house is frustrating! Thank you for listening!

TazGirl- How did Trick or Treating go with the 4-year old? Boy, I do miss having kids around on Halloween.

Jane- Congratulations on the 6 pound loss! :flowerforyou: That is Awesome!

Sandy- I am sorry that everything seems to be so overwhelming right now. Taking care of yourself in times of stress is so important, and the Y is part of that self-care, I am glad you are still going. What is hubby's problem? Just a jerk? It will work itself out. You just do what you are required and need to do, and let the courts "help" him with his part if that is what needs to happen. My best friend's divorce finally started to move after her ex stalled for so long on getting papers turned in that the Judge threatened to have the ex jailed for obstruction. After that, the divorce happened quickly! :laugh: If you do need a warmer place to be, remember, I have an extra room, and I am cheaper than a hotel! Take care, my Friend.

Ok- Off to bed for me. It has been a long day, and tomorrow will also be long.

Be well, stay safe, enjoy your evenings!
    Pat (Phoo in Az)
  • barbiecat
    Options