Be honest with me...

Options
Frankie_Felinius
Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
I want a septum piercing but I'm a fat girl...I'm worried I will look like a straight hog with it in. Are septum piercings only for chicks of normal size?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.
  • CristyinMiami
    CristyinMiami Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't think weight has anything to do with it. I love piercings, have a few, but that is my least favorite. :(

You do not look like a "big" girl. You look average size. :)
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want a septum piercing but I'm a fat girl...I'm worried I will look like a straight hog with it in. Are septum piercings only for chicks of normal size?
    People on here seem pretty garden variety so I'm not sure how well anything more alternative than ear piercings will go down, but honestly I think go for it, worst comes to worst you hate it and you can take it out and stuff.

(I honestly think septum piercings look good on pretty much everyone but that's just me??)
  • AmberJewelCR
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

This. Exactly
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options

This. Exactly

Agree 100%
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    You will not look like a pig.

Pigs are four legged, have curly tails and are made of delicious bacon.

You are a pretty young woman who sadly probably does not taste like bacon. Do what makes you happy
  • dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sadly probably does not taste like bacon

Well....
    frM3ivS.png
  • christy1027
    christy1027 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

ditto!
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options

This. Exactly

Also agree with this..
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)
  • Mutant13
    Options
    sadly probably does not taste like bacon

Well....
    frM3ivS.png

And that's why we are friends
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)

Damn, I was just about to answer you too.
  • Mutant13
    Options

If you want it, get it. I would never look at a bigger girl with a septum piercing and think 'she looks like a pig'
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would think, here's a girl who knows what she likes and is not afraid to wear it. Rock your piercings girl!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

If you want it, get it. I would never look at a bigger girl with a septum piercing and think 'she looks like a pig'

Yup. You shouldn't get piercings or tattoos based on what others think.
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    you have a pretty face, you can pull it off
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

Anyone who would say anything like this would find something to snark about whether you have the piercing or not because some people are judgmental a$$es. I say go for it.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

^^^^^This^^^^^^
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it a BULL that gets this type of piercing? I haven't ever heard of a pig with a septum piercing.

All in all no matter what any if us say its up to you to decide whether you want one or not. I don't see how getting this piercing will make people think you are more or less of a "pig" if that's how you perceive yourself.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Yup. You shouldn't get piercings or tattoos based on what others think.

Yup, agreed. Get it and if YOU don't like the way it looks, then take it out. No harm no foul.

People question my piercing choices a lot (specifically my plugs) and I just ignore them. It's your body, not theirs.