Be honest with me...

Options

Replies

• VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This thread is useless without a followup post without pics.

Yeah!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    What the hell is a... Oh.
    It might actually draw my attention away from your size, by prompting me to avert my eyes. The size of a person who does this sort of thing doesn't really factor into my opinion - at least not consciously, although it might contribute to the overall perception of insecurity or attention-seeking. I think that view is fairly representative of people in my age/income/education/ideology bracket, which I'm sure is not your target demographic. If the piercing makes people think you look like a pig, it probably would have more to do with their opinion of the piercing itself than with your weight.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

Yeah, I agree. I have a lot (17) piercings, including a nostril, but I honestly think everyone looks silly with a septum piercing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I vote that if you like it, you get it. At the end of the day, if you don't like the way it looks, take it out. :-) The key to happiness, and being seriously sexy, is confidence. Start with that... rock it, or don't, but do either one with ALL of you.

The funny thing is...people who "know" me...like at work, school, strangers....think I'm SO confident because I do rock an off beat style and I am a big girl who dresses very feminine (dresses, skirts, heels....ALWAYS). I think it just my defense mechanism...."Please think I'm confident so you don't think you can hurt me." I "fake" confidence but like my fiance said, if you can "fake" confidence enough that people believe it, aren't you truly confident? Idk...
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would say get it. You can always take it out if you don't like it. IMO, only certain nose shapes can hold a septum piercing right, but that's not for me to decide for anyone else.
  • rprobbins
    Options

Naw, I don't think you're those things necessarily. I think you're just insecure. :flowerforyou:

That's the understatement of the year!

You post a valid question, that does show just how insercure you are, why not set it as a goal, I saw your tag line stating 1lb lost, why not make it a goal for 25 or 50lbs lost... It will help you and your insecurity...

Just a thought,
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    To answer you directly, I can't speak for everyone else but I have first hand experience of being with a girl out walking down the street. She's about a UK 16 and quite attractive, not too alternative but more than one person called out "here piggy piggy piggy" and several people stared just a bit too long.

And it was gross when she had a cold....

Ok, ok...that is what I was curious about. Not that one response will deter me, but that is what I was curious about!
  • spookiefox
    Options
    I want a septum piercing but I'm a fat girl...I'm worried I will look like a straight hog with it in. Are septum piercings only for chicks of normal size?
    People on here seem pretty garden variety so I'm not sure how well anything more alternative than ear piercings will go down, but honestly I think go for it, worst comes to worst you hate it and you can take it out and stuff.

(I honestly think septum piercings look good on pretty much everyone but that's just me??)

How can you tell that people on a weight loss forum are "garden variety?"

And it IS just you. I have 17 piercings, including genital piercings, so I AM NOT "garden variety" but I have yet to see anyone look good with a septum piercing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It might actually draw my attention away from your size, by prompting me to avert my eyes.

It's a go then! Jk...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

Yeah, I agree. I have a lot (17) piercings, including a nostril, but I honestly think everyone looks silly with a septum piercing.

I've had the nostril for years and years...just bored of it.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    It might actually draw my attention away from your size, by prompting me to avert my eyes.

It's a go then! Jk...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Glad I could help push you over the edge. :wink:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well I am a fat chick with a septum piercing. I think if you want it, and you like it eff the rest of them, a lot of people don't even know I have mine because while at work its flipped up for safety reasons - not joking, they acted like I was going to get my nose caught in something at work... and I said "If my face is that close to whatever might catch my septum piercing I should probably have my head checked (I work in a metal fab shop) lol. Honestly, I think you could pull it off (going off your profile pic.)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

You post a valid question, that does show just how insercure you are, why not set it as a goal, I saw your tag line stating 1lb lost, why not make it a goal for 25 or 50lbs lost... It will help you and your insecurity...

Just a thought,

Totally thought of that, but part of why I got fat is my "I want it NOW." I've wanted this for a few months now and waiting that long is too hard for me! Thanks for the suggestion though! I have other things set for my goals, but this urge needs filled or throw away.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Complete amen.

But judging by the OP's photograph, you will rock that particular style just like your current style. To each their own, I say.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    A genuine thanks to everyone who posted. Even if it wasn't what I was looking for! I think it's clear it is just my hang-up and this is really the confirmation I needed!

So, tell us!!! You gonna get it?

I think so.
  • spookiefox
    Options
    Cliff's Notes of this thread:

"I want your approval to get this piercing. I don't want people to think bad things about me."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK!"

LOL. You have a point.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options

This. Exactly

I am agreeing with this one however to each their own
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am thinking if you asked the question then you know your answer.....

This. You thought it. There are many more out there that will.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    To answer your question: I have never looked at anyone of any size with a septum piercing and thought of farm animals. I do, however, think it's unflattering for people to have something hanging out of their nose. But maybe that's what they're going for - an "I'm not happy with how I look so I'm going to make myself even uglier" thing.