Be honest with me...

Options

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)

Damn, I was just about to answer you too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

Yup. You shouldn't get piercings or tattoos based on what others think.

I'm no stranger to either and I don't get them based on what others think, I get them because I like them...but I think it is perfectly reasonable to NOT get one because people think it is ironic (e.g., fat girl with a piercing that swine have). It's like a person with alopecia getting their "eyebrow" pierced....makes you go what the WHAT? Ok, not really, they didn't do alopecia to themselves and I did fat to myself, but ya get where I'm going...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

If you think that about others, why on earth would you do it to yourself?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cliff's Notes of this thread:

"I want your approval to get this piercing. I don't want people to think bad things about me."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK!"
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it a BULL that gets this type of piercing? I haven't ever heard of a pig with a septum piercing.

All in all no matter what any if us say its up to you to decide whether you want one or not. I don't see how getting this piercing will make people think you are more or less of a "pig" if that's how you perceive yourself.

Bulls do, but so do pigs...I grew up on farm! It isn't as common but sometimes they will do it to HUGE hogs.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Ditto for me too.

When you asked if it would make you look like a pig, wasn't that asking for an opinion?
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't it a BULL that gets this type of piercing? I haven't ever heard of a pig with a septum piercing.

All in all no matter what any if us say its up to you to decide whether you want one or not. I don't see how getting this piercing will make people think you are more or less of a "pig" if that's how you perceive yourself.

.... touche.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Can't really offer you any valuable input since I think they look horrible on everyone regardless of size.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Ditto for me too.

When you asked if it would make you look like a pig, wasn't that asking for an opinion?

Touche x2.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)

and for the most part we answered you...

that people probably wouldn't notice your size and think " she looks like a pierced pig" but rather people would hyper focus on the piercing and say "that's not for me"

we DID answer you...

your size has nothing to do with it. nothing...

so get the piercing and know that most people will be questioning why you did that...regardless of your size.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Cliff's Notes of this thread:

"I want your approval to get this piercing. I don't want people to think bad things about me."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK!"

I just don't want people to think "Damn, she looks like a pig!" I do want the approval that people won't be reminded of a pig when they look at me! So I totally do care what people think of it! I never claimed I didn't....I started this thread to get the feedback.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This went well....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am thinking if you asked the question then you know your answer.....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

If you think that about others, why on earth would you do it to yourself?

Well, like I said, I am hypercritical and I know that is wrong, but that doesn't mean everyone else thinks like I do. I think it looks adorable...but I just KNOW if I seen a fat girl with one, I PERSONALLY would think that...no idea how the general public thinks though...that is why I am asking to see if anyone else happened to reply with "Oh, I totally would have thought that."
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Ok, fine. I would think you would look like a pig.

Because I hate that particular piercing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Ditto for me too.

Yes, the opinion of "Would the image of fat girl with a septum ring remind you of a pig?" Not "Do you personally like the look of this piercing?" Totally was asking for an opinion, but to a specific question.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

lol ^^^was thinking this exactly
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well I am 54 yrsold and while I don't have a septum piercing I do have 10 gage piercings in my ears which is probably not that wild but I really only have them because I wanted them. If you want it go for it. :bigsmile:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Unless you get something like this, you should be perfectly fine.

septum-piercing-32849.jpg
  • kcapistrant
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****

Too late!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Ditto for me too.

Yes, the opinion of "Would the image of fat girl with a septum ring remind you of a pig?" Not "Do you personally like the look of this piercing?" Totally was asking for an opinion, but to a specific question.

No, it would remind me of a cow....