Be honest with me...

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I vote that if you like it, you get it. At the end of the day, if you don't like the way it looks, take it out. :-) The key to happiness, and being seriously sexy, is confidence. Start with that... rock it, or don't, but do either one with ALL of you.

The funny thing is...people who "know" me...like at work, school, strangers....think I'm SO confident because I do rock an off beat style and I am a big girl who dresses very feminine (dresses, skirts, heels....ALWAYS). I think it just my defense mechanism...."Please think I'm confident so you don't think you can hurt me." I "fake" confidence but like my fiance said, if you can "fake" confidence enough that people believe it, aren't you truly confident? Idk...

People who know me think I'm confident because the opposite.

I truly envy you. I wish I had full-on real confidence, but I totally lack that. Good for you to have that quality and I strive to get there someday.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When I see someone with a piercing in their septum, I just want to grab it and pull them around by it.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i would avoid the septum piercing, just because it makes me gag, and my opinion is paramount.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    i love mine! and I don't think it spoils my pretty face :tongue:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you want it, get it. I do not see the reason to start a thread about it?? You say you already have piercings and tattoos, so you are already aware of how you are going to be treated by the public. Septum piercing or no septum piercing, people will judge you one way or another.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

See, if you honestly don't care what they think you don't care if they think you look like a pig. I HONESTLY don't care what people think, and I never choose not to pierce, tattoo or otherwise change (or not change) something based on what anyone else thinks about it. If I wanted a septum piercing I could care less if people thought I look like a pig, cow, or fat girl with a septum piercing. And I like and wear crocs too, Sometimes with yoga pants. While riding my motorcycle.

And if you're asking about the appearance of something people will feel free to tell you. That's why I don't ask.

But I DO care. Well, I care NOT to hear "oink, oink" from some random *kitten*. I don't care if someone LIKES it, but I would be lying if I said that wouldn't hurt to hear an "oink" from someone....even though I know I shouldn't...its human nature and I'm not that tough...I think that is valid.

It is valid. As long as you don't keep insisting you don't care. You can tell the people who really don't care. They wear crocs, for one thing. Rebellion and tats and piercings don't make you an individual, being secure enough to do what you really like and not care if they say "oink" does.

Wow. I never claimed I feel like an individual because I have tattoos, I'm not that girl. Everyone and their brother has tattoos, it doesn't make anyone who has them special. Do they make me feel good, yeah, confident, yeah, special or individual...no.

You are twisting my words with the "don't care" thing. I'm not that girl saying "I don't care what anyone thinks about anything." Not at all. All I said is I don't care if someone likes it or not, that is perfectly ok...I do care about getting my feelings hurt by some meanie who gets their jollies by calling me a pig. That is all...
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you don't need a piercing to look good. If you want one, get one. Don't worry about your weight in regards to piercings. Just know that the piercing, tattoo, etc. does not complete you or make you whole. Keep up the good work and stay strong!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ouch. :noway: :huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    as someone with this piercing (though i dont often wear it anymore).

i say go for it.
    keep the jewelry small diameter (i dont mean the gauge, i mean ring size). they can look super cute on girls, but im not big on having a big-*kitten* door knocker hanging off one's face.
    personally i would avoid tusks and spikes and whatnot unless the rest of your mods can carry a look that extreme.

worst case scenario...you dont like it? remove it.
    it's also incredibly easy to hide if you ever need to do that.

ive enjoyed having mine.

oh and if you live in a place where there are winters and your nose will run....ya gotta handle that with the jewelry....it loses its cuteness when its caked in dried snot. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    If you want it, get it. I do not see the reason to start a thread about it?? You say you already have piercings and tattoos, so you are already aware of how you are going to be treated by the public. Septum piercing or no septum piercing, people will judge you one way or another.

I never questioned anyone about any others that I have. I was just curious about the connotation of a FAT girl with a piercing sometimes worn by pigs because of what goes on in MY brain....I've learned it is not the thought of most, just a few.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    To answer you directly, I can't speak for everyone else but I have first hand experience of being with a girl out walking down the street. She's about a UK 16 and quite attractive, not too alternative but more than one person called out "here piggy piggy piggy" and several people stared just a bit too long.

And it was gross when she had a cold....

Ok, ok...that is what I was curious about. Not that one response will deter me, but that is what I was curious about!

people who want to mock us for being fat are going to find something to pick on, septum ring or not.

but, um, yeah, it is gross when I have a cold lol.

Also, I'm more likely to think bull than pig.
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the size of the person, I always think MOOO!!! If you don't care what people say about you or think about you get it. But if you are getting it, that type of nose piercing is always going to elicit a response in most people and not favorably. It will also greatly hinder your ability to get work if you want to work.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    as someone with this piercing (though i dont often wear it anymore).

i say go for it.
    keep the jewelry small diameter (i dont mean the gauge, i mean ring size). they can look super cute on girls, but im not big on having a big-*kitten* door knocker hanging off one's face.
    personally i would avoid tusks and spikes and whatnot unless the rest of your mods can carry a look that extreme.

worst case scenario...you dont like it? remove it.
    it's also incredibly easy to hide if you ever need to do that.

ive enjoyed having mine.

oh and if you live in a place where there are winters and your nose will run....ya gotta handle that with the jewelry....it loses its cuteness when its caked in dried snot. :)

I'm a sinus/allergy sufferer somethin' terrible...uh-oh. Jk, I have had my nostril pierced for years and that itself is a bear with a snotty nose! And I do want a tiny li' horseshoe...so cute.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the size of the person, I always think MOOO!!! If you don't care what people say about you or think about you get it. But if you are getting it, that type of nose piercing is always going to elicit a response in most people and not favorably. It will also greatly hinder your ability to get work if you want to work.

k.

she's in cosmo school....ever seen a hairdresser or make-up artist lately?

im a sr. web designer at a consulting firm....stretched ears, septum piercing, visible tattoos and all.

could it be that some people are hired based on skill? *gasp*
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

No it won't. Flip it up.

k.

she's in cosmo school....ever seen a hairdresser or make-up artist lately?

im a sr. web designer at a consulting firm....stretched ears, septum piercing, visible tattoos and all.

could it be that some people are hired based on skill? *gasp*

Also, this. I have 3 visible tattoos (plan to have at least 1-2 more in the next year or two), and 14 piercings including 3/4in plugs. I work at an office and I work directly with our largest client. My mods don't effect my job at all.
  • veronicasalaza
    Options
    Looking at your pic it is obvious you are gorgeous! Somethings just look better when yoru thinner... like short hair. I personally think piercings look fierce on everyone
    :wink:
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ouch. :noway: :huh:

This! However piercing aside I LOVE your hair :happy:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

See, now that is what I was curious about...so fat or skinny, you think cow, not just the fat ones. Ok, ok...makes sense.

I'm in school for cosmetology and luckily that won't hinder me in that field. My current job also is ok with my current piercing, haircolors and tattoos. But then again I work third shift and am rarely seen by the public!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

See, if you honestly don't care what they think you don't care if they think you look like a pig. I HONESTLY don't care what people think, and I never choose not to pierce, tattoo or otherwise change (or not change) something based on what anyone else thinks about it. If I wanted a septum piercing I could care less if people thought I look like a pig, cow, or fat girl with a septum piercing. And I like and wear crocs too, Sometimes with yoga pants. While riding my motorcycle.

And if you're asking about the appearance of something people will feel free to tell you. That's why I don't ask.

But I DO care. Well, I care NOT to hear "oink, oink" from some random *kitten*. I don't care if someone LIKES it, but I would be lying if I said that wouldn't hurt to hear an "oink" from someone....even though I know I shouldn't...its human nature and I'm not that tough...I think that is valid.

It is valid. As long as you don't keep insisting you don't care. You can tell the people who really don't care. They wear crocs, for one thing. Rebellion and tats and piercings don't make you an individual, being secure enough to do what you really like and not care if they say "oink" does.

Wow. I never claimed I feel like an individual because I have tattoos, I'm not that girl. Everyone and their brother has tattoos, it doesn't make anyone who has them special. Do they make me feel good, yeah, confident, yeah, special or individual...no.

You are twisting my words with the "don't care" thing. I'm not that girl saying "I don't care what anyone thinks about anything." Not at all. All I said is I don't care if someone likes it or not, that is perfectly ok...I do care about getting my feelings hurt by some meanie who gets their jollies by calling me a pig. That is all...

I have the bottom layer of my hair pink. What I really want is a full head of pink hair, but I haven't done it for this reason -- I don't want anyone referring to me as that weirdo with the pink hair. I have a feeling I'm going to eventually get to the point where I say F IT and do it anyway.

If you're not going to rock it comfortably, there isn't much point in doing it. The good thing about piercings (and hair color), though, is that they're pretty much reversible.

P.S. Love your hair.
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sadly probably does not taste like bacon

Well....
    frM3ivS.png

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!