Be honest with me...

Options

Replies

• aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think you have the perfect face for it, and you won't look like a bull. I think that insult is a bit outdated.

I used to think that everyone looked like a bull with it regardless of size, but as time went on and I became more cultured and met more people with it, I've really started to love that piercing. I kind of want one myself even.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I see someone with a piercing in their septum, I just want to grab it and pull them around by it.

Do they have clip ons? =)
  • lizbot10
    lizbot10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do it do it do it.

I can tell by your profile picture you'd look cute with one.

I had my septum pierced in high school, and although I was MUCH thinner back then, I feel like it looks good on anybody if it's their style! :)
  • mizzliv
    mizzliv Posts: 13
    Options
    Get it and enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, take it out. I see no problem with any person of any size getting any piercing.
  • hpheath
    hpheath Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

I have the bottom layer of my hair pink. What I really want is a full head of pink hair, but I haven't done it for this reason -- I don't want anyone referring to me as that weirdo with the pink hair. I have a feeling I'm going to eventually get to the point where I say F IT and do it anyway.

If you're not going to rock it comfortably, there isn't much point in doing it. The good thing about piercings (and hair color), though, is that they're pretty much reversible.

P.S. Love your hair.

Going pink tonight! (Going pink for October, Breast cancer awareness month!) I typically have cool colors though. My fave was turquoise. I've been purple, I have a jar of jade green for after the pink. It is amazing how many awesome compliments you get with weird hair colors. The turquoise was the best. Lil' old ladies LOVE it! I mean like geriatric old. I couldn't go to the grocery store without some tiny old broad moseying up with a cane saying in a feeble little cute voice "Honey, your hair is so pretty."
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If you want one get one. Who cares if your little, large, orange, crazy, etc...

I got one rule in life. As long as you're not hurting anybody, do what makes you happy.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    cant-handle-the-truth.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Honestly, why give a rat's *kitten* about what other people think? If you were going to have a job in the public, then it may be an issue, but if it's just for you, then who cares what others say or perceive? Their opinions of it shouldn't have an impact on your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Honestly, why give a rat's *kitten* about what other people think? If you were going to have a job in the public, then it may be an issue, but if it's just for you, then who cares what others say or perceive? Their opinions of it shouldn't have an impact on your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Because I have FEELINGS and I would FEEL like crying if I heard someone call me a pig because they thought it was funny seeing a fat chick with that piercing. This is the only tattoo/piercing that I have ever asked strangers opinions about...for that reason only. All others I have, I have despite whether others would like them or not. I have a tattoo on my side that would make me a pariah to over 80% of Americans....but I didn't ask anyone what they thought of that prior to getting it. It is hidden, for me and wouldn't make me cry if they told me their opinion of it. Their opinion wouldn't phase me, but hearing someone oink at me would make me teary-eyed, broken-spirited and head straight for the nearest box of cookies and make myself fatter...(why feeling bad about being fat makes me want to eat is beyon me, but it does), therefore, impacting me.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I feel you, girl. Just because you don't want to be ridiculed doesn't mean that you care about someone's perception of body art. It's two entirely different things. I love bikinis, and I don't care what anyone thinks of my shiney, whorey, silver bikini. But would I wear it in public? IDK, I'd ask my friends if my makes my boobs look bad first. Not because I care what people think OF THE BIKINI, but I wouldn't want people to look at me and make fun of my breasts BECAUSE OF the bikini.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    You will not look like a pig.

Pigs are four legged, have curly tails and are made of delicious bacon.

You are a pretty young woman who sadly probably does not taste like bacon. Do what makes you happy

If I found a woman that tasted like bacon I would divorce my husband and marry her quick, fast, and in a hurry. :drinker:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I feel you, girl. Just because you don't want to be ridiculed doesn't mean that you care about someone's perception of body art.

It's two entirely different things.

I love bikinis, and I don't care what anyone thinks of my shiney, whorey, silver bikini. But would I wear it in public? IDK, I'd ask my friends if my makes my boobs look bad first. Not because I care what people think OF THE BIKINI, but I wouldn't want people to look at me and make fun of my breasts BECAUSE OF the bikini.

Exaaaactly. Some people just are lookin' to start a fight...
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I feel you, girl. Just because you don't want to be ridiculed doesn't mean that you care about someone's perception of body art.

It's two entirely different things.

I love bikinis, and I don't care what anyone thinks of my shiney, whorey, silver bikini. But would I wear it in public? IDK, I'd ask my friends if my makes my boobs look bad first. Not because I care what people think OF THE BIKINI, but I wouldn't want people to look at me and make fun of my breasts BECAUSE OF the bikini.

Exaaaactly. Some people just are lookin' to start a fight...

I think everyone is just encouraging you to be confident in yourself, and your style choices. I understand that you'd feel bad if someone did make fun of you, but in the long run if YOU'RE happy with the choice, you'll just start to not care.

I got a lot of criticism for my plugs at first, and I'd get super defensive because it hurt my feelings. Now when people say negative things about them, I just ask them why they care. Or remind them that I'm going to be a badass grandma someday.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Or remind them that I'm going to be a badass grandma someday.

I can't wait for the day when the younger tattooed generation are grandparents...a bunch of sleeved out, pierced grandparents. Hiarious.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    If you have to even question it in the first place you should probably not get the piercing.
  • irishscootz
    Options
    I can't wait for the day when the younger tattooed generation are grandparents...a bunch of sleeved out, pierced grandparents. Hiarious.

YES!!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a complete *****, but I didn't ask anyone if they LIKED the piercing, I like it, that is what counts...I just want to know if people would look at me and go "Wow, why would a fat chick get a septum piercing?! She looks like a pig!"

Seriously, no sarcasm...I'm truly not being *****y by saying I didn't ask for personal liking of the piercing, I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

And I am so not averge size...I'm over 200lbs, a size 16/18 and medically speaking, obese....but good to know I'm a fooler. :-)

So here's the thing... if this is something that you think, and you're telling us you're hypercritical... if even ONE person says it to you you're going to start thinking everyone thinks that and start hating on your piercing.

Why put yourself down that road? Don't know how to help with fixing your perceptions, but you should work on that before getting the piercing.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You want people to be honest with you or you don't?

Let's be real here... what do you want? That is the important question.

The people on here don't need to live with a nose ring or whatever. They don't need to look in the mirror and live with it.

But how do you feel about it? If you were my daughter, I'd say follow your heart and if it doesn't work out, remove it and the experiment ends.

I would also caution you against doing anything that was going to permanently disfigure you or limit your future options. I still laugh at these kids with these enormous stretchers in their ears... like really? they may want to consider what that gaping hole is going to look like in 30 years? (I digress...)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Don't know how to help with fixing your perceptions, but you should work on that before getting the piercing.

I am! I am a regular at my therapist and my psychiatrist! I'm trying...