Do you let your partner tell you what to wear?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    ex-husband: didn't like some of my outfits (bold/wild color choices, 'immature' styling) and would give me an honest answer when i asked. didn't insult or offer unsolicited advice. rarely comlimented my appearance. i learned not to ask, most of the time. just fine with it.

ex-boyfriend: frequently commented (positively) on my appearance. coordinated outfits with me. loved my style. stole my jewelry. i would ask him for input regularly. just fine with it.

ex-boyfriend: frequently commented (positively) on my appearance, apropos of nothing i was WEARING. just fine with it.

i'm pretty easygoing when i comes to how i look. if you don't like it, you can suck it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    no way. On the other hand however, I cannot count how many times I've got out of the shower to a naked husband holding a different shirt/tie combo in each hand looking befuddled.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I dress my husband, but he would never try and tell me what to not wear. lol Then again, my husbands color blind too so he has issues matching things.

Is he allowed outside or is he chained up in the kitchen? Do you allow him to have friends? Is he allowed to speak without your permission? Seriously, I don't know any MAN who has his SO dress him...or that would allow a SO to tell him what to wear. Maybe its your choice of words that makes you sound so controlling.....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that my wife and daughters would like to give me some fashion advice, but they know I'm going to dress how I want.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My husband may say he likes the way I look in a certain pair of jeans better than the ones I have on. But it is a just a suggestion.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I dress my husband, but he would never try and tell me what to not wear. lol Then again, my husbands color blind too so he has issues matching things.

Is he allowed outside or is he chained up in the kitchen? Do you allow him to have friends? Is he allowed to speak without your permission? Seriously, I don't know any MAN who has his SO dress him...or that would allow a SO to tell him what to wear. Maybe its your choice of words that makes you sound so controlling.....

Didn't you read the part where she said he's color blind?

Personally I think you're reading a little bit too much into this comment. Sounds like you're just trying to instigate an argument. I didn't see anything that sounded as though she was controlling.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not telling me what to wear but may make comments about what they like on me. :wink:

Now I did date a guy that had sort of a foot fedish and let me tell you he could pick out the cutest and sexiest shoes ever so I definitely took him shoe shopping with me and listened to his opinion on my picks. :tongue:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    My ex did in a strange passive agressive way, and the clothes he went on about where my work clothes. I work in an office with a dress code so it's not like I dress scant or anything. During tax season I would take a couple $100 for myself to purchase new work clothes. The year before we split I got a promotion so I treated myself to an outfit from Express. In turn, he spent $2,000 on computer parts becuase he was pissed I spent the money on myself. THEN he turned around and said I was only wearing "sexy" work clothes to grab the attention of some guy in my office. Paranoid much????