FWB ignored me at bar ...

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you are not in a relationship and it sounds like you had already moved on what is the big deal? FWB does not mean bound for life, in fact any FWB relationship I have been in means I get sex but am free to do as I please with who I please when I please. I have been with my current FWB for almost 4 years, we have seen each other in public and don't always talk... if you were not ready for that you shouldn't have remained physical with it.

I thought my two years was long! I guess I expected too much from a situation he obviously didn't think twice about. Just a simple HI would've been nice whether he felt I ended everything between us ... just common courtesy.

First time ever w/ this fwb and def NEVER AGAIN!!!

Also concerned that you seem to think this guy has somehow wronged you...
  • ginchrst
    Options
    the sheer size of this post just cracked the earths mantle

^^LMAO! I really wish I hadn't been taking a sip of my water when I read this, lol, I almost drown. Yeah... at any rate I believe reading this giant wall of text just made my IQ drop.

i got through about 3 words

Here's three more words ... Then Stop Posting!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Your definition of FWB is very off...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    TLDR....Just go on Craigslist or POF

i found a nice bed recently on craigslist

and did you find someone to share it with on Craigslist as well?

Id be terrified to try

I did the online dating thing on match and eharmony before.... nightmarish results....

Been there, done that, and learned to double bag it.

man I wouldnt of touched 90% of those chicks with ur 8====D
    bunch of terrible clingy, lying, slutty, entitled little girls on there

but maybe I was doing it wrong?

:laugh:

Irony.

OP should possibly try online dating

I was speaking to to the idea that you were "doing it wrong" after you utter the phrase "terrible clingy, lying, slutty, entitled little girls" but you know...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If you are not in a relationship and it sounds like you had already moved on what is the big deal? FWB does not mean bound for life, in fact any FWB relationship I have been in means I get sex but am free to do as I please with who I please when I please. I have been with my current FWB for almost 4 years, we have seen each other in public and don't always talk... if you were not ready for that you shouldn't have remained physical with it.

I thought my two years was long! I guess I expected too much from a situation he obviously didn't think twice about. Just a simple HI would've been nice whether he felt I ended everything between us ... just common courtesy.

Not picking on the OP but that is par for the course with anyone entering into a FWB thinking it was or would become a relationship.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    the sheer size of this post just cracked the earths mantle

^^LMAO! I really wish I hadn't been taking a sip of my water when I read this, lol, I almost drown. Yeah... at any rate I believe reading this giant wall of text just made my IQ drop.

i got through about 3 words

Here's three more words ... Then Stop Posting!!!

settle down OP
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options

It doesn't sound like FWB is the right thing for you. You want a relationship. FWB don't, hence, the acronym. He's not interested in pursuing more, as he's told you several times. Let him go and find someone that's worth your time and effort, who's willing to reciprocate.
  • yoga_queen
    Options
    FWB situations almost never result in turning into an actual functional romantic relationship.

You keep calling it a two year "thing" which leads me to believe that you're somewhat in denial about what the situation has always been. You've really wanted it to be a relationship, and I wonder if maybe you internally consider this as "a relationship that we're just not calling a relationship." Unfortunately, this is not how he sees it. He sees it as two years of sex with someone who he barely knows because the only part of you he was concerned about is the space between your legs.

He's not going to change, so it's time to move on. You've learned from the situation (hopefully) and now you can begin to venture forth and try to find someone who mutually wants a healthy relationship.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Surprised no one has said the obvious, but probably because he considers you a HO!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Surprised no one has said the obvious, but probably because he considers you a HO!!!

That is probably only obvious to you.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    He was not a friends with benefits. You were a little fleshlight that he pulled out when ever he wanted to get off and nothing more.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Move on, it was FWB. Neither of you need to explain anything to each other.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    why buy the cow when you get the leche for free!?

So you can grill up steaks later
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • ginchrst
    Options

Not wronged me in the sense that he made empty promises or lead me on ... I ultimately made my choices w/ him and I honestly have no regrets cause he did put a smile on my face!

I feel like he wronged me as a friend, a true friend that I was to him and would never "ignore" him!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. Why did you want him to talk to you ( I honestly would be pissed off if he DID talk to me after I was treated like that)

2. You are too easy. I don't say that to be rude but men only appreciate what it takes work to get and keep.

Rules to follow:

1. NEVER allow yourself to be treated with less than respect ( bedroom games don't count)
    2. If you have to compromise yourself or break your heart - break your heart
    3. Don't settle for less than what makes you happy ( that means if you want FWB do it, but don't confuse it with a relationship, if you want a relationship don't engage in FWB)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

but, he said he didn't see you. You didn't even see him at first. Your brother in law pointed him out, so maybe no one pointed you out to him. Now you think his response was a lie in addition to intentionally ignoring you? Yea, not crazy...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Not wronged me in the sense that he made empty promises or lead me on ... I ultimately made my choices w/ him and I honestly have no regrets cause he did put a smile on my face!

I feel like he wronged me as a friend, a true friend that I was to him and would never "ignore" him!

Or, you know, he didn't see you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

You keep calling it a two year "thing" which leads me to believe that you're somewhat in denial about what the situation has always been. .

Just QFT
  • abickford82
    Options
    I'm going to be different than everyone else. Respect yourself and you'll find a man that'll respect you. FWB always leaves someone hurt.