The Skinny on Obesity (or: "Calories are not created equal")

Options

Replies

• willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lol... I completely agree about the ice cream, SkinnyFatAlbe! That is why I skip the ice cream completely & make a gourmet, very thick protein shake that actually satisfies me instead of just having a couple bites.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    lol... I completely agree about the ice cream, SkinnyFatAlbe! That is why I skip the ice cream completely & make a gourmet, very thick protein shake that actually satisfies me instead of just having a couple bites.

Or, you could save some of your sugar allowance for the ice cream....

There's no chance I eat under 400 calories of ice cream at a time if I choose ice cream as the treat for the time....IIFYM.

If you find me a protein shake anywhere close to as satisfying to me as ice cream, you have found the first one.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    In for making a tedious comment about something sugary that I am eating or plan to eat, because I'm a rebel, a contrarian, and I like to rage against machines!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    TL:DW

There better be the Jennifer Lawrence gif in here

96f.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    5146158207_2410e855e8.jpg
  • RivenV
    Options

3bb.gif

Jennifer Lawrence is upset at this.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sugar sells. I cant' believe how many of my friends didn't like my spaghetti sauce. and then when I added some sugar to it and served them the same sauce they loved it. Sad really. We have to mask the taste of our foods. And that did start with the large companies trying to sell more. Give them sugar and they are hooked. Not this person, but lots of people. Hence why headaches occur when you stop consuming added sugars. Thankfully they only last a few days before your body adjusts.

maybe your spagetti sauce just didnt taste good...

I don't add sugar to mine and my family/friends love love love it...mind you there are lots of veggies in it like AMG sweet peppers, and carrots...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If someone takes my sugar away, there will be a revolution!!! JS :bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sugar sells. I cant' believe how many of my friends didn't like my spaghetti sauce. and then when I added some sugar to it and served them the same sauce they loved it. Sad really. We have to mask the taste of our foods. And that did start with the large companies trying to sell more. Give them sugar and they are hooked. Not this person, but lots of people. Hence why headaches occur when you stop consuming added sugars. Thankfully they only last a few days before your body adjusts.

maybe your spagetti sauce just didnt taste good...

I don't add sugar to mine and my family/friends love love love it...mind you there are lots of veggies in it like AMG sweet peppers, and carrots...

I make mine with garlic, onion, olive oil, and fresh basil....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

3bb.gif

JLaw :heart:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

3bb.gif

Trust me; that is only because she has not tasted my protein shakes.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

3bb.gif

Two good ones! This was the first one that sprang to my mind.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Sugar is not evil...doesn't matter where you get it from...and I am one of those people who does eat sugar...chocolate bars, candy, ice cream, fudge sticks, drumsticks, pie, cookies, donuts etc...and lose weight, I am healthy, I do not have diabetes, blood work is all good, exercise and I am not young...

And for all the white knights coming in call people mean or rude or whatever...why because there are those of us who disagree..and even poke fun of this stuff...ever wonder why???? Think about it...look at the tickers and time here and then decide who actually knows the scoop and who doesn't.

And now for the Ponies

53246d7c-a412-4006-b8ed-ac70374aa482_zps6b200d22.jpg

edit for size
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Sugar is not evil...doesn't matter where you get it from...and I am one of those people who does eat sugar...chocolate bars, candy, ice cream, fudge sticks, drumsticks, pie, cookies, donuts etc...and lose weight, I am healthy, I do not have diabetes, blood work is all good, exercise and I am not young...

And for all the white knights coming in call people mean or rude or whatever...why because there are those of us who disagree..and even poke fun of this stuff...ever wonder why???? Think about it...look at the tickers and time here and then decide who actually knows the scoop and who doesn't.

Yay. I say added sugar is evil and I've got the ticker to prove it works, so I must know the scoop too (even though i have the opposite opinion of many of you). LOL and i do eat the occasional chocolate or pastry. Oh and I am also healthy, with a clean bill of health and no diabetes. :flowerforyou:

and yea.. maybe they just didn't' like my sauce.. maybe they've never had real homemade sauce before. (which is exactly it)
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Yay. I say added sugar is evil and I've got the ticker to prove it works, so I must know the scoop too (even though i have the opposite opinion of many of you). LOL and i do eat the occasional chocolate or pastry. Oh and I am also healthy, with a clean bill of health and no diabetes. :flowerforyou:

and yea.. maybe they just didn't' like my sauce.. maybe they've never had real homemade sauce before. (which is exactly it)

NO what you have is proof that a calorie deficet works regardless of how you got it....some folks eliminate alcohol...that works too doesn't make beer the devil.

ETA: best stop with the prepackaged chocolate chip cookies and chocolate protien bars where "sugar" and "corn Syrup" are listed on the lable.

<<<stalks open diary's when people claim bogus crap.
  • RivenV
    Options

7ef.gif

So you eat the occasional chocolate or pastry even though you think added sugar is evil? Any compromise with evil is still evil, isn't it? Anyway, I would argue that your ticker is substantial proof that ... you've had a calorie deficit for some time. That's great! Just because you've lost weight by cutting out sugar (that is, the extra calories from sugar), doesn't make sugar the devil.

Also, just to weigh in on this, I don't put any sugar in my homemade spaghetti sauce, either; not only have I never had any complaints... I routinely receive compliments.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yay. I say added sugar is evil

The reason this is dumb is that it means eating things with added sugar is automatically bad.

This attitude makes people feel like they've failed if they eat something they really love but has added sugar.

People can only deny themselves something they love for so long before they have some - and feel like a failure.

When people feel like they've failed, they quit.

In other words, it's this attitude that leads directly to failure for many dieters.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    People act like sucrose is pure evil, and fructose is the healthiest thing in the world. Sugar from fruit, and "added sugar" has the same effect on your body. Sucrose(added sugar) is a disaccharide consisting of a glucose chain and a fructose chain. Most fruit contains both fructose and glucose. If you don't have a medical reason to avoid sugar like diabetes or PCOS, then sugar is perfectly fine for you, as long as you're eating enough protein, fat, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. This can all be accomplished, and sugar can be enjoyed. Free your minds people