Group LLC (Livin Low Carb) - August 2010

Options

Replies

• pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to send any personal messages here because I believe in openness. As someone that has just joined in this thread recently there appears to be some unjust. Two members have consolidated against one member and the followers lay low. It appears that a member has great experience and the others have simply read from pure instruction. Gang warfare and followers stick your heads in the sand, stands out to me. Just digest the information that has been fed in and, yes, make your minds up but I'm sorry, I don't want to be part of a group that excommunicates a good fellow member.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Are we starting a new thread?? and also are we going to do a challenge??
  • pickledlilly
    Options
    arrrgghhh!! Yes, the challenge is - lets see how many people can ignore what's gone off.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Ok, that's it. Every single thread that I have participated in where Lioness joined, has been filled with dissent, arguments, disdain, rudeness, underhanded snide comments, and in general a skewed perception by Lioness that anyone who disagrees with her is attacking her personally, which is not the case.

Lioness has made veiled references on her newsfeed posts, in some posts on this thread, and Pickledlilly makes a veiled reference to not being open if you send personal messages. I SENT A PM to Lioness to try to point out how her tone could be misconstrued and that life is too short - everyone needs to lighten up. In fact, Pickledlilly, the entire text of my PM is below. Since Lioness probably shared this with you (what else could lead to your reference of personal messages and openness?), I'll be "open" and post it here. Why a PM? Because such things in life are best handled in an adult manner in private, not out on the street where the crowd escalates such things into a full-blown dramafest.

I'm fed up to HERE with the drama. Good luck to both of you, and anyone else who feels that this group has persecuted Lioness in any way. I'm going to start a new thread for September for anyone who wishes to come and visit or stay and chat a while. As I stated in my original post - any flamers will be reported.

Here's my PM to Lioness:
    Lioness:

I'm sending this as a private message, simply because I have no desire to contribute to the "debate" and drama. I logged in and the first thing I see on my newsfeed is a post from you how you're leaving this site because of perceived persecution on the low-carb thread. I too read back through the posts, and the only posts that I see that might be construed to have a judgmental tone are yours. The problem with communicating online is that people may misread an "attitude" in what is posted - and often, your posts sound like you have disdain for those of us who do not believe as strongly about something as you do. I get that you believe in living an organic, preservative-free lifestyle - and I respect you for that. You have been doing LC for a LONG freakin time - and have so much LC and natural-living info floating around in your brain! We all appreciate it when you choose to share that information.

However, just because someone disagrees with you, or doesn't believe as you do does NOT mean that they are persecuting you for your beliefs or attacking you personally. What you're doing to many people is what you perceive is being done to you - ramming your opinions down someone else's throat. The tone of some of your posts comes through strongly that you think that person is an idiot for not believing as you do.

I've "known" you online for quite a while, and I don't believe the tone I describe above is intentional - I'm just saying that's how many people who do not know you may perceive your answers. I get that you feel strongly about certain things, but this drama chases good people away from the thread, people who have as much info and ideas to share as you do. Can’t you see that you are alienating people unnecessarily? You’re entitled to your opinion, and they are entitled to theirs. Lighten up a bit – every day does not need to be a battle of wills or a “you versus them.” Life is too short. I’m trying to say all this without being too harsh and hurting your feelings, but I’m guessing you’ll probably take it as an attack. That’s not my intention.

Resalyn
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    @ tammietifannie & pickledilly- I don't think resalyn has decided yet on making a new thread. As far as the challenge starting tomorrow, lioness has left it and we are in need of a leader to monitor daily and someone will need to post the challenge either tonight or tomorrow. I'm willing to do so if anyone wishes me to or if someone else would like to and know that they can do this, that would be awesome! So many of us have expressed an interest in a monthly challenge, so we definitely need to keep it!! :smile:

Woops...just saw that resalyn will be starting a new September thread! This is what I get for not reading with my glasses...:laugh:
  • pickledlilly
    Options
    Now we all see what has been said.

Lionness and I have had no communication what so ever but it does not take much to see what is happening. Lionness is passionate about her knowledge because she has researched it so much. We will all make our own minds up but if another side is not put forward how do we do that.

I do not take sides but digest what is out there. Can't you see what people pick up. No personnal posts here at all.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hey there! I did start a new September thread - I know, it's just something I"m OCD about, having "September" in the name.... Darnit, I didn't even think I should have just called it Group LLC and let it roll over when it gets full.

Oh well - we're doing a September challenge, so it'll be good to have a thread to track it, right?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117152-group-llc-september-2010
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    wow...go for a haircut and the DRAMA. :huh:
    I wish Cora, you wouldn't leave. Debate is what keeps life interesting. Debate is how you learn - you don't just learn through experience, but through others and their perspective. :brokenheart: Reconsider please.

Low carb snacks:
    lettuce wraps! (I keep a healthy reserve of cooked ground chicken, scoop into a lettuce leave, add a tbsp of salsa and YUMMO!
    carved chicken breast
    tzatziki
    Ahhh yes, sharp cheddar!

...Okay, now onto the challenges.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    What is tzatziki???
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have been busy today and just returned to catch up with recent "developments." I am amazed and appalled that sharing of information from people with differing approaches can be blown into a "debate" and a "drama." And I am mystified at the alleged "persecution" that was read into a simple exchange of ideas.

I value Lioness's wealth of information and have learned much from her. I have always understood her direct approach in the language, or "tone" of her posts, and never took it personally. I think it will be our loss if she chooses not to continue to participate in the MFP forum, but, ultimately, it is her choice.

Meanwhile, if I am about to offend anyone, that is THEIR choice, but from what I have seen, it appears we would all benefit if some people would take a breath and remember that the purpose of the forum is to share ideas, motivation, and learn from one another.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    tzatziki is greek cucumber/yogurt sauce soooooooooooooo yumm!
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    I value Lioness's information and experience as well. I want to live a chemically induced free life. Losing the extra weight and learning to eat healthy is not all there is to being healthy. There is more to the story and I for one will benefit from her experiences and knowledge base.

Colette

I have been busy today and just returned to catch up with recent "developments." I am amazed and appalled that sharing of information from people with differing approaches can be blown into a "debate" and a "drama." And I am mystified at the alleged "persecution" that was read into a simple exchange of ideas.

I value Lioness's wealth of information and have learned much from her. I have always understood her direct approach in the language, or "tone" of her posts, and never took it personally. I think it will be our loss if she chooses not to continue to participate in the MFP forum, but, ultimately, it is her choice.

Meanwhile, if I am about to offend anyone, that is THEIR choice, but from what I have seen, it appears we would all benefit if some people would take a breath and remember that the purpose of the forum is to share ideas, motivation, and learn from one another.
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    tzatziki is greek cucumber/yogurt sauce soooooooooooooo yumm!

Is there a recipe????

Colette
  • saverys_gal
    Options

weaklink- thank you for putting things so very eloquently. I think most of us are still, well, perplexed, as to how things got so blown out of the water and how we "persecuted" lioness. Several of us, as I'm sure you saw, reached out to her and asked her to reconsider but as you said, it is ultimately her choice. I know I personally reminded her that words can be misconstrued in this type of setting and I know she of all people should understand that.
    With that being said, I will say no more on the topic. Those of us that have chosen to stay in our group will stay and others will leave. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I would like to start fresh for the new month!
    I do hope you'll continue on with us weaklink! Here's the September thread is you missed it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117152-group-llc-september-2010
  • manndapannda07
    Options
    I love this group and would love to join. It helps inspire me to read all of the weight loss and continue with my own goal. I have done atkins before I lost about 65 pounds when I was 14 and managed to maintain the lifestyle all the way through college never having any real weight problems since. I just had my first child in February and gained nearly 60lbs which is insane for a person that is only 5'2. I lost 30lbs by the first month post pregnancy but I have had some trouble losing the next 30. I lose a few lbs here and there but nothing significant. Anyway I am back on the atkins train very seriously since this has worked for me in the past. I am back at the intro stage and so far I haven't had many cravings I signed up for the atkins started guide on their website which has been a great help too. They even sent me some atkins bars they actually taste good. I have only tried one and half of it at that because it wasn't approved for the intro stage. I stay at about 15-20 carbs per day because I am not big on veggies but I like the recipes I've seen so I will be trying them soon when I get into phase 2. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I love this group and would love to join. It helps inspire me to read all of the weight loss and continue with my own goal. I have done atkins before I lost about 65 pounds when I was 14 and managed to maintain the lifestyle all the way through college never having any real weight problems since. I just had my first child in February and gained nearly 60lbs which is insane for a person that is only 5'2. I lost 30lbs by the first month post pregnancy but I have had some trouble losing the next 30. I lose a few lbs here and there but nothing significant. Anyway I am back on the atkins train very seriously since this has worked for me in the past. I am back at the intro stage and so far I haven't had many cravings I signed up for the atkins started guide on their website which has been a great help too. They even sent me some atkins bars they actually taste good. I have only tried one and half of it at that because it wasn't approved for the intro stage. I stay at about 15-20 carbs per day because I am not big on veggies but I like the recipes I've seen so I will be trying them soon when I get into phase 2. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Hi! Come and join our September thread! :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Manndapannda...

Here is the link to that Sept thread, in case you didn't see it on the previous page:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117152-group-llc-september-2010
  • divalovely
    divalovely Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WOW LLC is awesome! Im joinining! Starting weight 6/10/10 297.8lbs CW 246lbs...Goal#1 by 12/27/10 239lbs Goal#2 by 3/16/11 199lbs Goal 3 by 6/10/11 175lbs
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I want to join yall! My husband and I have decided to start LLC together, so I think we will be more successful because we are going at this as a team. We are going on vacation in 18 days! I would love to lose a few pounds or inches by then, and when I get back I want to continue to lose until I reach my goal and then maintain my weight loss while LLC. Any tips or success stories? I would love to see how much yall lost and how long it took. I read that if you follow Atkins you can lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks, I am curious to see if any of you guys that follow Atkins did??
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    I just recently started cutting back on carbs and so far so good. I am trying to keep my carb intake to about 50 a day. I am also tracking my calories on this website. I look forward to finding good receipes to try! Thanks :)